Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can you get ban for this?

Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
edited August 2018 in General Discussions

As Pig, If you block basement stairs when Survivor have trap on their head, can you get ban for this?
Well it's not rly holding game because that Survivor with Trap will die anyway from trap.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Buily09 said:
    As Pig, If you camp basement stairs when Survivor have trap on their head, can you get ban for this?
    Well it's not rly holding game because that Survivor with Trap will die anyway from trap.

No, its only holding the game hostage if the survivor has no trap on it because then there is no timer runing that eventually ends the game

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Okay, thanks for answer

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@Vietfox said:
    Buily09 said:

As Pig, If you camp basement stairs when Survivor have trap on their head, can you get ban for this?

No, you can't get banned for using dick tactics.

There is a daily that is for Survivors being Killed by a RBT. Securing that daily is a rough one. You call it a dick tactic, I just call it smart play. But we all know you hate Killer players so we'll let it go at that.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@Mercury said:

@Outland said:

@Vietfox said:
    Buily09 said:

There is a daily that is for Survivors being Killed by a RBT. Securing that daily is a rough one. You call it a dick tactic, I just call it smart play. But we all know you hate Killer players so we'll let it go at that.

You realize that has been changed ages ago? It's just hitting an ambush attack now.

Shows how long its been since I tried playing the Pig, I think I still have the Daily stuck in my list, time to trash it.
    Thank god they changed that.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Outland said:

@Vietfox said:
    Buily09 said:

Mmm yes i hate killers, that's why i suggested solutions to counter the SWF issue. It's a dick move no matter how you see it, and i really hope you never complained about pallet looping being an unskilled tactic (idk if you did cause i'm too lazy to check ur comments), because if you did... Well, blocking the stairs isn't difficult either, no skill required.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Vietfox said:
    Outland said:

@Vietfox said:

Buily09 said:

Mmm yes i hate killers, that's why i suggested solutions to counter the SWF issue. It's a dick move no matter how you see it, and i really hope you never complained about pallet looping being an unskilled tactic (idk if you did cause i'm too lazy to check ur comments), because if you did... Well, blocking the stairs isn't difficult either, no skill required.

killer has to outskill the survivors several times before getting someone in the basement in the first place

• Vietfox
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    Outland said:

@Vietfox said:

Buily09 said:

killer has to outskill the survivors several times before getting someone in the basement in the first place

Not really.
    Down survivor, place RBT, iron grasp (only if u think you arent capable enough to lead survivors close to the basement), hook survivor, crouch close by and wait for the rescue, profit.
  • yeet
    edited August 2018

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Outland said:

@Vietfox said:

Buily09 said:

As Pig, If you camp basement stairs when Survivor have trap on their head, can you get ban for this? Well it's not rly holding game because that Survivor with Trap will die anyway from trap.

Not really.
    Down survivor, place RBT, iron grasp (only if u think you arent capable enough to lead survivors close to the basement), hook survivor, crouch close by and wait for the rescue, profit.

downing a survivor is outskilling them by a significant margin, it's very easy to never go down in this game
    unless you're bad, of course

• Vietfox

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Outland said:

@Vietfox said:

Buily09 said:

As Pig, If you camp basement stairs when Survivor have trap on their head, can you get ban for this? Well it's not rly holding game because that Survivor with Trap will die anyway from trap.

Not really.

downing a survivor is outskilling them by a significant margin, it's very easy to never go down in this game

Maybe against a god tier squad, but c'mon...

• yeet

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Outland said:

@Vietfox said:

Buily09 said:

Not really.

Maybe against a god tier squad, but c'mon...

in my region that's basically every game at rank 1 tbh

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

lol i can just imagine piggy crouching down and looking at the wall while the reverse bear trap ticks away. who runs into the basement with a reverse bear trap on their head with the timer running anyway? silly stuff.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@ChraizE said:
    lol i can just imagine piggy crouching down and looking at the wall while the reverse bear trap ticks away. who runs into the basement with a reverse bear trap on their head with the timer running anyway? silly stuff.

Well sometimes you are taken down there and placed on a hook.

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

@TheBean said:

@ChraizE said:

Well sometimes you are taken down there and placed on a hook.

But he was alone down there and not on a hook soo........

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Peanits said:
    The ruling on that is that blocking only a survivor with a trap- while scummy as hell- it's at least strategy (even if it's a bad strategy that's going to cost you a ton of time while generators pop off left and right), but if you're blocking someone without a trap, that's a no-no.

TL:DR, just trap guy, scummy, but it's not bannable. Someone without a trap, no, don't do that.

So if you're blocking 2 Survivors, 1 not having an RBT on and 1 does have an RBT on that also ticks down, and you then release the 1 without an RBT once the 1 with an RBT is dead, it's still a no-no due to you blocking the 1 without an RBT?

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited August 2018

As long as one survivor has an active RBT, you can block all 4 down there until the trapped survivor dies.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

@Boss said:

@Peanits said:
    The ruling on that is that blocking only a survivor with a trap- while scummy as hell- it's at least strategy (even if it's a bad strategy that's going to cost you a ton of time while generators pop off left and right), but if you're blocking someone without a trap, that's a no-no.

TL:DR, just trap guy, scummy, but it's not bannable. Someone without a trap, no, don't do that.

So if you're blocking 2 Survivors, 1 not having an RBT on and 1 does have an RBT on that also ticks down, and you then release the 1 without an RBT once the 1 with an RBT is dead, it's still a no-no due to you blocking the 1 without an RBT?

Correct.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    If you body block to the point where the only way to leave the game is to d/c, that's when it's reportable.

Ex: trapping a survivor in the corner indefinitely.
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Outland said:

@Vietfox said:

Buily09 said:

Not really.

You must be an awful killer, or face awful killers, if you believe that.

• yeet

@Eninya said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Outland said:

@Vietfox said:

Buily09 said:

Not really.

yeah every single killer in my region must just be abysmal

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@yeet said:

@Eninya said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Outland said:

@Vietfox said:

Buily09 said:

Not really.

yeah every single killer in my region must just be abysmal

Obviously if a Killer wins chases against a Survivor, they're bad. Of course, the Survivor must then be #########-tier by comparison...