The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers are being toooo favoured..?

Ok, so I am returning to Dead By Daylight after a year+ out & feel not much has changed in ways of Surviving since coming back to play it again.
I absolutely love the idea of this game but feel I also hate it just as much.

Reason 1.
As a Survivor I still find it hard to get anywhere UNLESS your stay COMPLETELY hidden throughout the trial.
Once I, & friends, get spotted its almost controller down time... Trying to out-run a killer is hard at times, so once picked-up/carried, I believe there should be greater support surviving the carry (escape) because as soon as your Hooked, that's it! Especially if you have;

CAMP KILLERS STAYING AT THE HOOK or NON SUPPORTING TEAM MATES. 

I spend 4-6mins sometimes just getting into a game trial then become the first attacked & hooked within 2-3mins = Game Over. Time wasted. 
I admit that I am not very good at all playing this game but enjoy trying but still feel ripped apart as soon as I become  downed & picked up/hooked as I know its 9/10 Trial over.

Reason 2.
I feel there should be better Perks to remedy some of the mentioned above for players such as myself as the Wriggle never gets much, if any, success & this is a Survivors last chance.
I tried 'Boil Over' Perk thinking I now have at least a chance to survive a capture but did not realise it was not in favour of reducing Wriggle Meter Escape as I though it did.
Even a Perk that allows sooner Heartbeat Audio alerts would perhaps help?

Reason 3.
CAMPING HOOK KILLERS!
I think Killers should be assessed for proximity to hooks. As with Survivors that camp to long get 'Black Crows' above their heads, Killers should suffer something also. 
This reflects length of Gameplay...

Reason 4.
Not being able to even 'Attempt Escape' if your hooked as the last Survivor regardless of whether or not you have been hooked during the Trial. You should at least get to have a chance as the last player...

Reason 5.
Too many hooks in proximity to even attempt at 'Wriggling Escape' I never even get over half way in a wriggle attempt before getting hooked.

Again, I know I not great at playing this game but as a KILLER I win alot ☺ which says alot about the balancing between the two. 

Sorry if I have said anything to upset players but these are just some of mine & my friends feeling opinions as Survivors trying to...well...survive.

Thanks

Comments

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    edited August 2018

1) what rank ?
    2) try meta perks.
    3) and why you say " Killers are being toooo favoured..?", do you have any good prof ?

• narva2200
    narva2200 Member Posts: 27
    In my opinion, no, they are not favoured. It depends on the skill of the killer, im at rank 10 survivor right now and I have found really good Pigs and really bad Hillbillys. It is true that if your team doesnt help at all then you are most likely to lose 99% of the time. In the other hand, I usually play as killer, rank 6 now. Survivors have plenty of options to escape from you and leave you crying in a corner. Things as SWF, Decissive Strike and pallet looping, for example. In conclussion, you might need to get the right perks for survivor and pray for your teammates to be any good. Getting face camped, aswell as getting tunneled sucks but at least gives the teammates the oportunitie to do a lot of generators.
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    The killers have pretty much only just seen some love the last two patches and next patch, the survivors will once again be buffed, as if survivor wasn't already easy enough. 

Shake off the rust, get out of rank 20, and then come back. Survivors were nerfed not long ago but they're still stupid strong if you have a half decent idea of what you're doing. Watch some videos, play longer, you'll soon realise that killers are still far, far from favoured. The Nurse is the only killer that can truly contend with serious survivors on a regular basis, as long as the person is good with her.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Agent47 said:

Seriously stop. The last patch they got wasn't much and the new proposed changes to bring solo up to the swf level will hurt killers even more. The idea being that survivors being equal will allow them to balance the killer more in buffs or nerfs of survivor perks. Several of the maps are severe disadvantages for the killers. Play both sides at high ranks and then come back and make your argument.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@Master said:

@Agent47 said:

I am starting to get tired of this thread, but I will give you a polite answering pointing out why you are wrong:

Reason 1:
    You are simply not experienced enough after your break. The devs changed the survivor hitboxes and accidentially introduced the thing called looping. You run in circles around objects and because of the hitbox, the killer cant catch up as fast as they should.
    The hard part of killing a surivor is catching him, not finding him.

If he played a year ago he knows about looping because there used to be literal infinites where killers would never catch you if you didnt screw up.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

There is this neat perk called Urban Evasion.

Really helps you NOT get caught.

• Anzi130
    Anzi130 Member Posts: 51
    I feel like with swf teams the game is heavily favored towards survivors, but solo players who dont loop but actually play the game for fun? Its pretty balanced and sometimes more so In killer favor.. the thing is... most play against swf groups that easily win because they have voice comms, but the game was never made for that.. That’s why its unbalanced honestly (in my oppinion)
  • Anzi130
    Ps: looping Can be countered by Breaking pallets. I always do that (play both killer and survivor equally)
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Agent47 said:
    This will sound strange, but you dont want this. Certain killers purposely increase terror radius (through their perks and add-ons), meaning this perk will be a hindrance if you face such build.

There are however a couple of perks that aid you on detecting the killer before the finds you; Premonition or Spine Chill. Even Alert if you set it up correctly.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Moooom! I cant survive at rank 20, so the killers got to be extremely OP!!1!

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

@Anzi130 said:
    Ps: looping Can be countered by Breaking pallets. I always do that (play both killer and survivor equally)

oh my sweet summer child

• Danny89
    Danny89 Member Posts: 2
    I have to agree with the original posting, agent 47 raised some good points, I also believe the riggle mechanic's is an absolute joke I can't remember the last time I successfully got out of a riggle without being place on the many many many hooks the killer has at their disposal, some of you guys talk about looping or training the killer around in circles but this is also a joke as whenever you turn a corner the killers long reach will most definitely clip you so running around a car or similar doesn't work also mentioned was team work and other players some of you spoke about playing blocking the killer etc etc this is OK but it is based purely on luck as its a 50/50 chance you will have skilled players on your team and then it's 50/50 that one of these players actually help and support you. I have found that alot of the time I have become used as bait whilst left on the hook whilst other players run off to work on gens and never make attempts to rescue me so Yea great talking about team work, don't forget killers have great perks like hexes that really stamp on a survives chances, I think this game purely solo play only most of the time, I respect everybody's comments and that agent 47 admits he's not a very good player and people like him will suffer, may I suggest to the devs a lonewolf perk which supports those players singerly or something alone those lines 
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Danny89 said:
    I have to agree with the original posting, agent 47 raised some good points, I also believe the riggle mechanic's is an absolute joke I can't remember the last time I successfully got out of a riggle without being place on the many many many hooks the killer has at their disposal, some of you guys talk about looping or training the killer around in circles but this is also a joke as whenever you turn a corner the killers long reach will most definitely clip you so running around a car or similar doesn't work also mentioned was team work and other players some of you spoke about playing blocking the killer etc etc this is OK but it is based purely on luck as its a 50/50 chance you will have skilled players on your team and then it's 50/50 that one of these players actually help and support you. I have found that alot of the time I have become used as bait whilst left on the hook whilst other players run off to work on gens and never make attempts to rescue me so Yea great talking about team work, don't forget killers have great perks like hexes that really stamp on a survives chances, I think this game purely solo play only most of the time, I respect everybody's comments and that agent 47 admits he's not a very good player and people like him will suffer, may I suggest to the devs a lonewolf perk which supports those players singerly or something alone those lines 

did you even read any other post besides the OP? There is a thing called body blocking that you can use to your advantage to not get hooked. second just play the game more and you will see why survivor is the power role..

• Anzi130
    Skarkio said:

@kimukipi said:

@Anzi130 said:

oh my sweet summer child

I know right!? I (Don't)remember being this naivet(ignorant) when I was noob too!

There is No reason to be mean.. what i’m saying is, if they pallet loop then break the pallets.. it will force them to a new pallet which gives you some time to hurt them.. i’ve been looped around stuff too, and it sucks, but just like its possible to counter hard campers, its also possible to counter looping. You Can also stop chase and go find someone else.. but No matter how you twist it, swf groups are the ones mainly abusing these things which ends up hurting both killers and solo survivors
  • ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

Oh god seriously? Try playing at high rank as killer vs swf a few times until you realize this thread is utterly pointless/useless.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Anzi130 said:
    There is No reason to be mean.. what i’m saying is, if they pallet loop then break the pallets.. it will force them to a new pallet which gives you some time to hurt them.. i’ve been looped around stuff too, and it sucks, but just like its possible to counter hard campers, its also possible to counter looping. You Can also stop chase and go find someone else.. but No matter how you twist it, swf groups are the ones mainly abusing these things which ends up hurting both killers and solo survivors

You don't know what pallet looping is.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Agent47 said:
    Reason 1.
    As a Survivor I still find it hard to get anywhere UNLESS your stay COMPLETELY hidden throughout the trial.
    Once I, & friends, get spotted its almost controller down time... Trying to out-run a killer is hard at times, so once picked-up/carried, I believe there should be greater support surviving the carry (escape) because as soon as your Hooked, that's it! Especially if you have;

CAMP KILLERS STAYING AT THE HOOK or NON SUPPORTING TEAM MATES. 

I spend 4-6mins sometimes just getting into a game trial then become the first attacked & hooked within 2-3mins = Game Over. Time wasted. 
    I admit that I am not very good at all playing this game but enjoy trying but still feel ripped apart as soon as I become  downed & picked up/hooked as I know its 9/10 Trial over.

Nobody likes hearing this, but sometimes the truth hurts: Get better at that which you fail at.

@Agent47 said:
    Reason 2.
    I feel there should be better Perks to remedy some of the mentioned above for players such as myself as the Wriggle never gets much, if any, success & this is a Survivors last chance.
    I tried 'Boil Over' Perk thinking I now have at least a chance to survive a capture but did not realise it was not in favour of reducing Wriggle Meter Escape as I though it did.

Wiggling is SUPPOSED to not work often. If you don't wiggle free most of the time, then it functions properly.

@Agent47 said:
    Reason 3.
    CAMPING HOOK KILLERS!
    I think Killers should be assessed for proximity to hooks. As with Survivors that camp to long get 'Black Crows' above their heads, Killers should suffer something also. 
    This reflects length of Gameplay...

Actually, the developers did make a test build which included a mechanic that punishes hook campers.
    What happened, you might wonder?
    Survivors abused the ######### out of it, making the situation completely Survivor-sided.

@Agent47 said:
    Reason 4.
    Not being able to even 'Attempt Escape' if your hooked as the last Survivor regardless of whether or not you have been hooked during the Trial. You should at least get to have a chance as the last player...

You lost. This is just a way to end the game quicker.
    If you manage to escape, high high high chances you get smacked again anyway.

@Agent47 said:
    Reason 5.
    Too many hooks in proximity to even attempt at 'Wriggling Escape' I never even get over half way in a wriggle attempt before getting hooked.

And sometimes hooks are too far away cause they ran somewhere where hooks just didn't spawn, but you conveniently leave that detail out. Hmmmmm...

• I am currently drinking. Is this thread real?Am I drunk already?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master Already broke it down quite well and to add if you take time off any game for an extended period of time your perections coming back will be warped.

They recently had a FTP event going on and so there was a huge influx of bran new players who're easy picking for an experienced killer. There's also school about to start in a lot of places so you'll have people with a lot less time on their hands.

If you really want a challenge then get to rank 5 and below as a killer or wait until rank reset then do killer and you'll run into all the high ranked people leveling up again.

• King_Checkmate
    King_Checkmate Member Posts: 60
    I was gonna post a long a** reply on how wrong op is, but this is obviously a troll thread or a mentally impaired person, So im out.