Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you think there should be a new gamemode for Dbd?

UnluckySteve
UnluckySteve Member Posts: 14

I was thinking there should be a offline play or Practice or a Casual game section. Idk these are just things that I saw other people bring up and thought it was cool

Do you think there should be a new gamemode for Dbd? 29 votes

Yes! We need something new. (Example?)
55%
RockatanskyrenzoMister_HoldoutTapeKnotgrayon444Walker_of_the_fog_96XxkuroxshiroxXMysticAdvisorAvilgusDr_Loomisshadow3989anonymous31337XergeNoTicketUnluckySteveTommyFredoshaker 16 votes
No we need to stick to 1 gamemode for now. (Reason?)
34%
BossJnnsMuFibijeanJoelux1Aven_FallenHoodieddfrenchieepalletsryummyKagari_LehaInaccurate_Player 10 votes
I honestly don't care
10%
xEaFilledPizzaLunarFace 3 votes

Comments

• JnnsMu
    JnnsMu Member Posts: 249

The devs already have enough on their plate with the core game. If we'd have multiple gamemodes, they'd never even be remotely balanced.

• TommyFredo
    TommyFredo Member Posts: 48

Definitely a possibility. The game needs a big rework, but BHVR has the most toxic community and a new mode would never be a possibility without a cult community.

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555

wouldnt say dbd has the most toxic community, and i dont see the point you want to make. So, the toxic community doesn't want the game to have new content ? I dont get your point.

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555

People want unranked mode, but they forget matchmaking would be even worse and players would use that mode to be extremely annoying to others as they wont unrank by acting like idiots.

Also a solo mode would be pointless.

So a hide and seek mode ? yeah well go play Garry's mod then, we dont need the devs to spend months on that kind of stuff, when the game still has problems to deal with

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Multiple modes will mess with the matchmaking

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    edited January 2020

2 killers vs 8 survivors:

9 gens to do.

Super small maps

The killers can't choose the same killer, this is for survivors too.

The engame colapse duration :1 minute

• TommyFredo
    TommyFredo Member Posts: 48

I'm saying the community doesn't like change. New content is amazing, but a game-mode is content that the community doesn't want. They always say that it would make the queue times already longer. I've mentioned a competitive game-mode and everybody is against it due to their skill levels not being up to par with what I was suggesting. A new game-mode would take a huge rework to the game (cross-play, new servers, a DLC that draws more people back to the game, etc.) That's the point I'm trying to make. Yes, no matter what you say the community is very toxic when it comes to making change to the game.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

If we're talking about a kind of practice arena, like a Kill Your Friends but without the Friends, where people can just explore maps, experiment with different mechanics, hone their skills in looping or landing a killer's power, I'm absolutely on board with that. I'd like to think it wouldn't take a lot of effort, and would be incredibly rewarding for a lot of players.

As far as any other kind of new game mode goes, though, I think they should stick to one for now. Anything else which requires new mechanics or structures to be built would spread the team's resources too thin. Better to do one thing well than two things badly.

• XxkuroxshiroxX
    XxkuroxshiroxX Member Posts: 76

I know the devs have enough to do already, but I'd love something like a story mode or some playable lore. Like, the videos you get from archive challenges but playable would be really cool