Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Blood Warden Change

Blood Warden is a very situational perk. What if a change to Blood Warden could be implemented to not only block the exit gate but to also block the hatch for a shorter amount of time? I can see how Survivor players can see that this change to the perks is too OP....and that's why I implemented the shorter time on the hatch than the exit gates. 

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

Even with that it wont solve the core issue of blood warden and thats simply swfs make the perk trash and the fact its a one time use which basically makes it purpose worthless against a swfs group because they will all just leave or even against survivors that just play immersed for 60 seconds the issue is the perk is just not good.

• BasementLeatherBoi
    BasementLeatherBoi Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2018

What if instead of only activating at the end of the match it’s active from the beginning and it’s got tokens like bbq and chili. Each time you hook a new survivor that has not been hooked yet it adds 25 seconds to the time the gates will be blocked once they are opened. Idk you guys think it’s too op or nah?

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Hexyl said:
    Even with that it wont solve the core issue of blood warden and thats simply swfs make the perk trash and the fact its a one time use which basically makes it purpose worthless against a swfs group because they will all just leave or even against survivors that just play immersed for 60 seconds the issue is the perk is just not good.

No i make sure to only open a door after the survivor is hooked not before so it has 0% chance of it being triggered and im solo most of the time.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    I alredy write sugestion to change this perk.Like he is activated before gate are open when i hook somone .And start count down block exit when gate is open.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I don't see the point in blocking the hatch if the idea is to stop survivors from using the gate which they have to do unless everyone is dead (meaning BW would have to be your 3k) which never happens. I've never proc'd BW in a game where that guy died and there was only 1 left.

What BW needs is just a QoL change. If the exit gates are opened while someone is on a hook or if someone is hooked after exit gates are open, it should proc. So then as killer I don't have to wait to hook the guy, I can just hook him and force survivors to not open the door or BW will proc. Alternatively if I have someone I can hook and the gates are already open, I can use it as it is used now.

The biggest problem with BW is getting it to proc in time. If a survivor on a door suspects you have BW they will either wait for you to hook or will try and do the door then run out before you get the hook. If you could just hook them anytime, the have to leave the door closed, so getting a hook behind forces other survivors to stay until they guy is off the hook.

• DrDannieburger
    DrDannieburger Member Posts: 57

Yeah it's situational, but it's a godsend when it activates.
    Doesn't need a change, as it's extremely rewarding if you can pull it off.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited August 2018
    OK heres a fix for blood warden double the time of bw and make it so it procs immediately after hooking when the last gen is done. If the double time is too much make it increase by 15-30 second to compensate for gate opening time.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Or more simple, if someone is hooked after the gates are powered, the gates will be blocked after they are open for 60 seconds. An "on hold feature" like adrenaline
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Or more simple, if someone is hooked after the gates are powered, the gates will be blocked after they are open for 60 seconds. An "on hold feature" like adrenaline

Either/or I'll be fine with it. It's pretty stupid that you have to wait until the gates are open and then you can hook to keep them in. The game just doesn't explain that at all.

Word, too conditional and killed by swf
  • MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited August 2018

@BasementLeatherBoi said:
    What if instead of only activating at the end of the match it’s active from the beginning and it’s got tokens like bbq and chili. Each time you hook a new survivor that has not been hooked yet it adds 25 seconds to the time the gates will be blocked once they are opened. Idk you guys think it’s too op or nah?

It still wouldn't solve the core issue of the perk.

Its weak to Swf's groups and even survivors with brains.

Most survivors just hide during th> @pauloandrade22 said:

@Hexyl said:

No i make sure to only open a door after the survivor is hooked not before so it has 0% chance of it being triggered and im solo most of the time.

Do you see the error in your statement there? You are talking as if you are every player in the game just saying not saying what you are doing is not smart but not every Player does that. Also you basically just added another reason i overlooked to why the perk is also trash. So thank you for that but yeah the perk in general can be rewarding but in the simple light its just a really badly designed perk mostly because the counters are so easy that it stuns me most survivors dont even do them

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Blood warden is fine the way it is in concept. It needs a buff or a rework.

Tier I - 45 seconds
    Tier II - 60 seconds
    Tier III - 60 seconds, when the Blood Warden ends, the killer gets a +5% boost to speed for remainder of match. The effect retriggers for 30 seconds after every hook.

This would get those moronic survivors out of there.

Imagine. Hooking someone 1 time, gates blocked... they hide... they body block to get someone out etc... you are faster, and can hook them. It just pushes them out. Too many times they all assume they can get their other person off, when in fact they really can't and shouldn't.

Don't like it? Just leave. They should also buff No ONe Left Behind or wahtever it is called as well.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 924

Blood Warden is indeed too situational of a perk to be more than a gimmick. It's certainly satisfying when it does work out, but seeing as how situational it is to come into effect to begin with, and how rare it is for it to work out even if it does come into effect, it's not worth 25% of your perk loadout. It can be fun and come in clutch sometimes, but it's gimmicky and unreliable.

For two Quality-of-Life improvements the perk should have always had to begin with: The perk icon should have a timer indicator that tells the killer how long the gate(s) will still be blocked for; The Entity blocker spikes in the gates should only appear if a survivor actually walks up to it, and retract again if they walk away from it, just like it is for the killer - being able to check for whether Blood Warden is (still) up from a distance makes it way too easy for survivors to avoid, and additionally renders its aura reading on exit gates pretty useless.

For an actual buff that would give the perk more reliable utility: Every consecutive hook you get after the gates are opened should add another 30 seconds to the timer.

• CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    Maybe depending on the amount of survivors left in the match you can get a second barrier to appear? I love this perk even though it’s situational.