Dead by Daylight

Dead by Daylight

The Mimic - Killer Concept & Perks

Award
Favorite
Favorited
Unfavorite
Download
"I know this has always been suggested, a killer that can look like another survivor. This idea is one that I had myself, and I understand that I am not the first to think of it. However, I think the perks that I am putting forward here are pretty good and would fit the game well. I'm not an artist and by nomeans a graphic designer. I created the perk and power icons myself in Fireworks (old photo editting software). For my level of editting, I think it's quite good :).

I am open to constructive criticism so please do let me know what you think!.

The perks are:

Despawn ~ This allows the killer to see the game from 3rd person view (survivor view) for a limited time. I've said it is activated by chase only. If you think thats a good idea please let me know.

Greed & Misfortune (Hex) ~ Cleansing this totem will remove or degrade your current perks for the duration of the game. This means survivors will have to think twice before cleansing a fire totem. It could remove ruin, lullaby or noed. OR it could remove your own perks. A kind of, taste of their own medicine.

Mirroed Edge ~ Skillchecks will be reversed depending on the level of the perk. I think level 1 will make only repair skillchecks reversed, level 2 will make all skillchecks reversed, and level 3 will be a 50/50 chance of a reversed skillcheck. What do you think of that?, Level 3 will keep survivors on their feet, and make them have to watch the skillcheck area incase a reverse one appears.

Picture this. You are happily completing a generator on your own, no heartbeat around and no sign of the killer whatsoever. Oh look another survivor has come to join you and help you complete the generator. A couple of skillchecks later you spin your camera around to search for the killer... strange, no sign of the killer. You turn the camera once more and !!OUT OF NOWHERE! The survivor who was helping you has transformed into a gruelling beast !!Heatbeat sound is intense!! You panic and begin to run.... but it is too late, The Mimic has already attacked and wounded you. Don’t trust what you see in the fog, It could be another survivor!!!.. - Flamestandish"
22 Comments
xo Mar 19, 2018 @ 3:25pm 
If only the dev's listened to the community. ;-;
Flat Cookie Mar 19, 2018 @ 9:50am 
Wow this is very well made. The Despawn perk and Greed and Misfortune perk are actually really good ideas. Hope devs can make this happen
Lucianooo Mar 19, 2018 @ 7:27am 
so many good concepts and the idiots of devs dont put any dlc
Flamestandish  [author] Mar 17, 2018 @ 11:04am 
@PoliticalToast Instead of the / going > around the skillcheck in a clockwise motion. It will go \ anticlockwise.
Swarm of Ducks Mar 17, 2018 @ 10:22am 
what do u mean by reversed?
Shiv Mar 16, 2018 @ 5:58pm 
Now that might be too strong but maybe 2 would be fair for the 3rd level of the perk.
Flamestandish  [author] Mar 16, 2018 @ 4:45pm 
@Theta Yes 100%! I don’t main killer but I do play it sometimes and I’m sure other killers will agree, they hate when 30seconds into the game their hex totem is removed. I’ve just had an even crazier idea for this hex perk. It could light up ALL remaining totems (if available) upon cleansing any of these totems your perks will be removed or degraded for the duration of the match. Eat that survivor mains ^_^
Shiv Mar 16, 2018 @ 3:03pm 
I love these ideas. I think the best idea of the perks is the hex perk. It would start more mind games.
maxim☆ Mar 16, 2018 @ 9:53am 
nice concept!
Flamestandish  [author] Mar 15, 2018 @ 7:58am 
@»SoD« Bizerco Accidently pressed delete on your comment, I did watch the video you linked and thought it was quite funny xD But it is not where I got the picture from! haha! (sorry for delete, it was misclick!)