Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

2.5s Sabo has me sacred, but...

2»

Comments

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

I'm actually with @AChaoticKiller on this, not the keys part, but the immense surplus of items we'll end up with. Currently we can gain items via either bloodweb or chests, and with this update bringing in killer style add-on spending, this means that losing items will now only happen when we either get hit with Franklin's and die/escape without it, or just die (Side note: does this mean that Franklin's Demise no longer has the ability to destroy items?). With item retention increased so much and add-ons getting spent every round regardless of whether or not we escape, I can see this becoming a problem in the long run where we'll have tons of items, but a low amount of add-ons to use with them. In order to balance this out and make items more important to our inventories, are you considering the possibility of a future update wherein survivors will only be able to acquire Items from chests, while the bloodwebs only provide us add-ons for them?

Also, why is Ace in the Hole now a perk based White Ward? That significantly devalues White Wards in general imo, and the killers don't have anything like that in comparison. Up until this update, the White and Black Wards were very useful tools for keeping our inventories from running out of items and add-ons we favor, but they were always a limited resource. Perks on the other hand never run out, and so, you basically gave us all a white ward in perk form that has only the stipulation of having to survive the round in order for it to keep us from losing our add-ons. Admittedly, before we only used it to keep our items and add-ons in case we died, so they still have value there, but you're now introducing the killers style add-on spending and then giving us an easy way to opt out this change with the use of a perk slot. I just think this is an odd choice, especially when its paired with our new item retention buff.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

White Ward will be fixed so that it works whether or not you die.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

You actually forgot the list the biggest change to hook sabo. The change everybody who's complaining about it seems to be ignoring. Hook sabo progress is no longer saved. The title of this thread complains about a 2.5 sec sabotage, but the 0.1 sec sabotage we're currently playing with is a hell of a lot easier to use and the cost of prep time. You can't just wait for the killer to get close to the right hook and immediately destroy it now. Start too late and the killer will make it to the hook in time. Start too early and the killer will know to not even bother with that hook.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Killers may not hook a Survivor on a hook that is currently being sabotaged.

Yeah but does it go into cool down if they don't complete the sabo? I'm guessing it doesn't. Since you can sabo from any angle you can prevent a hook without breaking it.

• Just move on to the next hook. The wiggle bar is generous enough to let you skip 2 hooks and still make it in time to hook the survivor on the 3rd hook.