How many of you genuinely really enjoy this game?

Options
2»

Comments

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

Not very much, to be honest. Maybe... 3-4 hours a week? Most of that is scheduled playtests for new content. Sometimes when I'm looking at updating something, I'll play it a bunch on the live version to get a good sense of it before deciding how I think it should be adjusted.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

There's a select few legitimate complaints on the forums nowadays, but most are drowned out by the community screaming nerf X or nerf Y. Why do [Insert Side] complain about Z perks?

The few thing I recently seen are Console Optimization and the Hill Bug.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,793
    Options

I do. Be rather stupid to waste my time on a game I don't enjoy.

• venomz12
    venomz12 Member Posts: 46
    Options

I do really enjoy the game. Yeah I get rage moments but who doesn't? But overall I have a fun experience on it.

• Senpavo
    Senpavo Member Posts: 105
    Options

I love DBD. I mostly have fun. I'm rank one and while yeah, I play this game religiously, I play it for fun. I don't see the point in raging, claim you are going to report and other stuff just because the killer/teamate did something bad. It's fine to complain about bugs, glitches and toxicity, but some people think about that stuff waaaaay too much.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options
  • Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

I don't get salty because of things like second chances, genrushing or tunneling etc, though I really hate when other side starts bming and acting like asses

• MotherOfRaccoons
    MotherOfRaccoons Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2020
    Options

OP, you're spot on. Very nice summary. Forums give a false picture of the game. It's a huge enjoyment, lots of fun for anyone, including those who don't take the game too seriously, and those who do. The "toxicity" some people are yapping about is nowhere near as present as forum mains suggest. There's always the occasional salt, but who cares. Balance and gameplay have been greatly improved, there is an insane variety of characters, powers, maps, tactics, you name it. Plenty of hilarious moments, drama, intense games and light-hearted memes... I love this game and enjoy it a lot.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I do. Unless I get Haddonfield. Then I question everything. How does that still exist?

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

I like this game when a new patch arrive for at least a week or 2 after most of the time i go back to the game i enjoy more. Maybe if DbD had more patch i would play more often but right now the game is always the same thing

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

I've played Deceit. I don't find it toxic, it's just hard to enjoy when you're usually the first guy shot

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Absolutely, however, I love the challenge and competitiveness that the game offers. There aren't many games where you have to been on the ball to avoid/prevent being humiliated by toxic opponents. I work a 3 shift pattern and I only play during the shift that I'm actually at home awake during the night. Gotta love the sound of a gen popping at half 12 in the morning :)

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    Options

I love the random jump scares the most- the first time I finished a gen and turned around, only to have a Myers inches away and staring at me silently- I had to change my pants.

Also the Lore, I love slowly unraveling bits and pieces of backstory.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited September 2020
    Options

I played jump-scare Myers for multiple matches in a row the other night. I'm fairly certain a few survivors had to change pants afterward. The funniest one was when a survivor rounded a wall, I was standing right there thanks to seeing their aura with scratched mirror, and they immediately started making a ton of janky moves like I scared the hell out of the player as they saw me and "The Chase" music hit 😂

It is sooooo satisfying when that happens with my Myers. Makes me feel like Myers. I don't even care about hooks or kills with scratched mirror. I just want the jump-scares.

It's like when I play Leatherface. I never 4k. I always let the final one escape and then force a tantrum or spin in place at the gates with the chainsaw swinging. That's what happens to him in the films. 😁

That's the kind of stuff that brings me fun in the game. I don't worry too much about how many escaped or pips.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

I've been struggling to enjoy it lately. I play survivor, get potatoes and everyone drops in 20 seconds in chase or hides in corners and no gens get done or I get 3 very good survivors and killer gets smashed regardless of how good he is and all survivors agree that something needs to be done.

Game has a terrible issue with balance, and devs don't do anything to fight it. So if you get good idea, you jump on the forums to share it and watch the dev ignore whole thread to respond to a single comment about something insignificant.

Add to it toxicity you're bound to find in some games makes you remember that one game for days and ignore all others where you had fun.

• Ihatetoxicsurvivors
    Options

Would play it more if the game had less bugs and the person in charge of balancing was replaced

• Lily0
    Lily0 Member Posts: 128
    Options

Been playing since 2016 and its still fun. Why play a game if you dont have fun?? some of u so weird..

• Fluffysh4rk
    Fluffysh4rk Member Posts: 6
    Options

This is by far one of the best posts. I have roughly 1800+ hours and still enjoy it. All the one liners you mentioned are spot on. Every loss I always analyze what could have been done better and apply going forward, including an insidious leatherface in the basement with one hook. I look forward to each game as a unique challenge and if I miss the mark, move on. Thank you for this post, it's spot on IMHO.

• dmitch23
    dmitch23 Member Posts: 15
    Options

For me when the game is good, it's great. But when the game is bad, it's awful.

Now let me explain myself before I get destroyed by comments. I don't mind losing to someone who is my skill level and out played me. Better at looping, mind games, gens/kills ect.

When matchmaking is good or fair to all, wait times are 5-10 mins or less and hit boxes are accurate. I'm fine and love the game.

However, when my swf of friends ranks 15-8 run into nothing but rank 1 killers for 6 hours. When I get downed from a window attack 10 ft from the window, when I'm waiting 20+ mins for a match and get stuck in the environment. Yeah, don't have fun.

I also don't have fun when I, a rank 13 killer get paired with nothing but red and purple ranked survivors, yeah don't have fun.

Nobody likes getting steam rolled. No one likes long wait times and unfair hit boxes. No one likes things that are unfair and beyond your control.

I love playing this game.....when it works.

• Laurab84
    Laurab84 Member Posts: 54
    Options

I wish I came across more killers like you! All I seen to find is people who want to get the 4k in record time, face camp and tunnel of hook if you do manage to get off. I do love the game but tbh the amount of fun I have is less and less each game. I want to actually do something. I dont expect to escape every match but having the hope that we could escape would be good. Games recently we dont even have that