Trickster Buffs Coming In Next Bugfix Patch

Options

Comments

• johnathonmo11
    johnathonmo11 Member Posts: 22
    Options

What I'm saying is that they want killers to pick and choose their moments on when to use the knives. Its obvious that Trickster isn't supposed to use his knives at every single tile. I agree it's a stupid nerf and kind of unnecessary but I'm simply trying to put what I was think they were thinking to perspective. People want skill based killers and making a killer think on when a good time to use their knives rather than being able to raise and lower them on command like deathslinger. I know what you're saying and it is crazy that it was still a nerf. It's only .25 seconds extra and forces a killer to decide on when they should stop throwing their knives to continue chasing as this slowdown is only active when you lower the knives.

• Noz
    Noz Member Posts: 176
    Options

If you m1 a guy he loses 4 laceration, so that would not work.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

I disagree. Trickster is obviously supposed to be a faster, lightweight version of Huntress. Him getting changed so he goes between 96% -> 92% movement while throwing knives instead of 92% -> 67% is probably going to be huge and matches that perfectly. Especially since movement speed in this game is everything.

I don't know why he still can't store Main Event though. That would have been nice.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    Options

Maybe hell be atleast playable now. Glad they're making his knife interactions much faster and removing the ridiculous spread and recoil.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    Options

Mostly great improvements... but now what's the point of Iri Photocard?

Currently it Exposes INSTEAD of Injuring. If it can now Injure, then the Exposed is pointless...

It might not have been a great Iri add-on, but it WAS a buff because an Exposed survivor doesn't gain the benefit of a sprint burst or any Injured procced perks, and can't undo it via healing actions.

• Murph
    Murph Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2021
    Options

He still won't be good after this. He doesn't have to be a m1 110% anymore but will find a nice place in D tier since he moves slow, has a poor, limiting power, constantly gives away his location with directional laughing, and has no slowdown at all.

Deathslinger can quickscope and makes survivors mend. Huntress has a HUGE skill ceiling and her great lethality makes up for her slow speed and simple power. What's trickster got?

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806
    Options

Can you give us a date? Even a hint of the date? <3 Please. xoxoxox

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I hope your right. I like the character and he is the only one I can't hold rank with. Main event need to be useable or removed. Maybe the spread/recoil helps make it more useful though and proc in better situations. This wasn't what I was looking for in his buff but I will def check it out when it drops. Hopefully one day the trickster will actually be the masterpiece we were told he would be.

• Seraphor
    edited April 2021
    Options

110% Killers run shack by closing in enough that they can land a hit on the 'long' arm of the loop or through the window.

Trickster is obviously still bad at this because he needs to hit 8 times but he can still do it, and better now with a reduction in his slow-down while aiming.

Making him 115% will just turn him into an M1 killer with no point to his power.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,109
    Options

I am saying if laceration had no timer and no mechanic reduced laceration, he could the 7 blades, leave the survivor, M1 them and than just throw a single knife and down survivor. obviously they'd need to rework those add-on that change the timer. He would have way more strategic depth in his decision making.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited April 2021
    Options

Choose one shot or injure, before you could be injured he is unloading 40 knives into you and you could heal during it

RIP I accidentally quoted giggles

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Then why do a lot of survivors like myself hate fighting against him. He’s a more boring huntress

• Noz
    Noz Member Posts: 176
    Options

This would be incredibly oppressive. Once you put 7 knifes in everyone and injure like 2 people you basically won the game.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,583
    Options

Terrific, terrific, terrific! Definitely a step in the right direction. More will probably need to be done though.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

I'll have to play him and against him to be sure, but I think he needs more. Yes the movement speed and recoil changes are amazing, but the fact that Laceration decays still seems like an issue, seeing as how it forces him to commit or lose all progress on that Survivor. Either remove the cooldown on Laceration, make injuring a Survivor take less knives, or have Survivors perform an action to remove Laceration (like Deep Wound,). Additionally, the fact that Main Event cannot be stored is an issue seeing as how its not that powerful an ability. If Oni can do it with Blood Fury (as can Plague technically, but she needs a fountain) why not let Trickster do it too? As it is the strat is to 99 the ability like Myers' Tier 3, except Myers still benefits from a smaller TR (and he's 115%, but thats not needed for Trickster), and Trickster's knives are more needed than stalking and preparing an instadown.

TL;DR Changes seem good, but he may need more. Will need to try him out to form a concrete idea.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

I think I am. PWYF gives a 0.2 m/s buff per stack and even 1 stack makes a huge difference during looping. Buffed Trickster with knives out compared to current Trickster is nearly getting a permanent 1 stack of PWYF that kinda ramps up to 3 stacks over the course of throwing 16 knives. Like it could very well end up being kind of silly how much less distance he's going to lose on Survivors when he throws knives.

That does assume that his speed decrease is linear with the number of knives he's thrown but I think it is.

Also, I'm not surprised that his movespeed while throwing add ons are getting nerfed with this change. With this buff and the current ones, he'd be just barely faster than Survivors for the entirety of Main Event.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,507
    Options

We will be monitoring him after the hotfix as well, so if something extra is needed it, it will be picked up on.

• Bigbubbaboi
    Bigbubbaboi Member Posts: 41
    Options

Seems like he will be a lot more fun to play, but will actually have to try it out to be sure would like ricochet knives base kit just to give him more individuality and fun factor

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673
    Options

read my comment again.

I don't give a ######### about movement speeds, if anything they were bearable.

I'm talking about the fact that laceration simply disappears after 15 (or 20 after buff) seconds or that you MUST use main event in a span of 10 seconds unless you want it to be gone.

• Seraphor
    Options

I agree that extra 5s seems like a bandaid fix. An improvement, but marginal. Ideally the timer should be paused entirely while still in a chase. Survivors can then start losing lacerations if and when they escape the chase, making it within the survivors control according to their skill level.

• Moxie
    Options

You sound unsatisfied with the buffs. You are entitled to your feelings. Thankfully, most people are happy with this step and aren't bemoaning changes that didn't happen yet.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,086
    Options

Actually iri photograph is pretty much a reworked of iri hatchet. Once you hit 8 knifes then you can just down them with a m1.

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319
    Options

Good changes but also make it so that Survivors have to remove the knives themselves and make him 115% movement. I think with these added changes, it could possibly put him in high B tier .

• Seraphor
    edited April 2021
    Options

Iri Head is a one-hit Down.

Iri Photocard is a one-hit Expose. Leading to a two-hit Down.

Huntress doesn't need to M1.

• katoptris
    Options

Maybe you should hit the knives before the meters gone. Don't bothered with main event considering it more of a nuisance to used.

• STUVash
    STUVash Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2021
    Options

Although I was expecting different buffs, it should still be a major improvement in match results, thanks for reacting so quickly BHVR.

• katoptris
    Options

Like I said it pretty much a reworked of it. People complain about it being a 1 shot. The trickster need to hit 8 knives just for a 1 shot.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    Options

I've not played as Trickster yet, but I've certainly played against him.

Kudos to BHVR for responding to feedback and making a call to implement quick change.

I don't know if it'll fix everything, but IMO it's better to tweak as needed now than letting matters linger in the no mans land for ages until you can come up with the perfect solution involving large adjustments since those perfect solutions usually never come and the large adjustments require their own tinkering to get right. It can be a vicious cycle.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

I don't want laceration to go down so he can lacerate many survivors and have snowball later in the game similar to ghostface. Plus laceration going down at all means any shot more than 20m is literally pointless.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Still doesn't address the fundamental issue with this killer. Huntress, Trickster, and Deathslinger are all 110.

Take a basic short wall pallet for instance. Huntress and Deathslinger will damage for a health state in one or two rotations at that tile if they hit their shot. In the same number of rotations, Trickster at best will do laceration damage. These buffs do nothing to address that. He is still half as efficient.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited April 2021
    Options

This is definitely enough to make me want to buy Trickster now. Yeah Main Event is still pretty meh, but the move-speed buffs plus removing the spread are a HUGE deal.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

Good middle ground idea and it would most certainly improve him but I still think that laceration never going down would be better due to the amount of time it takes to get near full lacerations on survivors.

Not only will you be using time to get laceration, you will be using your blades which will waste more of your time and more of your resources. Plus he is 110%, so his hit and run and multitasking is weak by default.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

I mean its not enough. He'll still lack identity

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    Options

Normal speed is not 3.86 m/s. That is still slower than a survivor, all they have to do is hug a corner and you can't hit them with main event. The problem with main event is that it is bad at everything.

You are too slow, so they can hug a corner. Then you might think, well it is meant to be situational like when they go down a hallway or something. Sure, okay, except you can only use it in a 10 seconds window, then it goes away. On top of that, once it is over, you can't use your power for a few seconds.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

This is a good step in the right direction, but none of these changes fix his core issues.

His core problems come from how he's incredibly slow in everything he does. He has no map control as a 110 Killer, along with the fact that it takes minutes to sometimes down a survivor. It's not good enough. His lethality needs to be comparable to the likes of Huntress to warrant such weak map control and being 110.

The laceration metre being increased by 5 seconds is literally not going to do anything. One of his green add-ons, the brace, increases it from 15 -> 18 and it feels no different. You're forced to commit to a single survivor because of this metre as you're unable to split pressure, essentially making Trickster dedicate time to down a single survivor, and the time it takes to down a survivor is incredibly slow.

It needs to be 4-5 knives per health state along with the laceration metre never decaying (like Ghostface's stalk) for Trickster to warrant being 110 as this might bring him up to someone like Huntresses level if he can down survivors quicker and split pressure.

Just get rid of the goddamn metre decaying.. its his biggest problem, please make it permanent.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

Also, I don't know why they decided to nerf the grace period with retracting the knives. Are they seriously THAT scared of buffing killers? Come on, even if they didn't do this change he'd still be absolute garbage.

Main event cooldown going from 10 to 5 seconds does nothing. There's still no incentive to use it in 9/10 situations and the situation you want it for, you can't even keep it for, it's just so bad.

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673
    Options

"how dares he not be satisfied with this handout bhvr so generously gave 1,5 month later than they should have and which does not address all his main problems"

• Moxie
    Options

Again, you sound unsatisfied with the buffs. You are entitled to your feelings. Glad you are expressing yourself.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,192
    Options

chase killer meaning so you want him to tunnel you everywhere so your 3 buddy can do gens I see.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    Options

Insufficient changes. There is a big problem in it that we players ask for and that is ... the main event? It is quite useless when we have it active, not many places where we can use it.

When we trigger the main event, it is the most useless thing I have seen in structures. I should have the opportunity when the main event is loaded, I CAN use it when I want and NOT use it when I am in a bad position, but when I see that I have a chance to do something.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    Options

When are you going to start monitoring feedback about issues affecting survivors?

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

People are comparing this to Ghostface's stalk. But Ghostface 99ing a survivor is much different than Trickster hitting 7 knives. For one, Ghostface can't stalk you up to 100%, and then suddenly you're injured. Instead, you're exposed for a period of time -- which you can outrun, and if you do -- Ghostface has to stalk you all over again. It's a pretty big difference that people seem to be missing.

There's definitely problems with Trickster not getting much reward for effort. If you hit 7 knives, and they escape -- you get nothing. And that's too punishing. But it's too punishing on the other side if you get hit by 7 knives, and you have no way of removing that.

Survivors should be able to remove knives from them. Something like 6 seconds to remove one knife, then if you continue 'mending', you remove one knife every 2 seconds (meaning removing 7 knives takes 18 seconds on the part of the survivor UNLESS they stop in the middle, in which case it could take up to 42 seconds if they remove them individually) If you have another survivor do the job, it takes 4 seconds to remove the first knife, and then 1.3 seconds per additional knife removed (Having another survivor remove 7 knives takes 11.8 seconds) That way he gets a reward for hits, even if the survivor escapes. (Which is time) Or the survivor leaves the knives in, and is easier to down.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

I think they probably nerfed it to get a better handle on how the buff will work on his throwing knives.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,507
    Options

We monitor all feedback, not just to one side but the game as a whole.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 568
    Options

I do agree that keeping short decay would be the more fun design for survivors but if they insist on keeping the decay how it is, his power needs to be usable at more loops. You can't force a killer to hard commit to chases by design but then also make him arguably the least threatening killer in the game at any tile that doesn't have debris/walls shorter than the survivor.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

No, that's not true. His normal movement speed is 4.4 m/s. Survivors move at 4 m/s. Now main even lets him move at his normal "ready to throw" movement speed of 3.86 m/s, just slightly slower than a survivor.

Great changes though, he needed all of this. I know people hate that you don't get 100% choice over when to use his power, but you can 99% the power, or just ignore it unless you happen to get it at a good time.