Stop hogging all your cakes

Options

Comments

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

They're not being "robbed". They're not entitled to anything. Furthermore my current main doesn't have any cakes. So I couldn't burn them if I wanted to.

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759
    Options

I guess I did come off as an A hole so I apologize. Was more so just joking around. I am being legit right here when I say I'm sorry.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Like I said, I feel entitled to other people cakes. What else can you even do with them besides use them?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Just DC in the starting screen if game has 2 or less cakes.

• thrawn3054
    Options

Like I said, you're not entitled to anything. As I also pointed out, my main doesn't have any.

• CornHub
    Options

What's stopping you from playing on the characters that do have cakes?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Saving mine until killer gameplay is more consistent than the fps drops and freezing.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    Options

This is exactly why I'm saving them. I can only save 1M bloodpoints but i can save all the cakes i want.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,799
    Options

hoarding them for the next double bloodpoints I have like 80 of them on my Cheryl

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

Nope I keep all mine until I go against a lobby with no swf.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

Same, but I ain't tapping them until the final drop. I'll use enough that will benefit me and then save the rest. I like collecting them and I was stupid enough to waste the 3rd and 4th cakes

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

I have heard that cakes go bad after 5 days so you better use them now if you don't want to get sick 🤔

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,106
    Options
  • Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

I got tired of bringing them, seeing 5 cakes at the offering screen, and getting tunneled into the dirt with 5k base points. I'm only using them if I'm at least in a 3 man swf.

Same treatment as killer, I only bring cakes now if I'm playing a strong killer with good perks. Tried playing nice and got clicked, bagged and "ggez"d

• OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 181
    Options
  • thrawn3054
    Options
  • jasonjbird
    jasonjbird Member Posts: 20
    Options

I'm not getting cakes that often, but I love using them when they give them in the bloodweb

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677
    Options

Not worth it unless youre in a swf. Killers just going to tunnel, camp and slug everyone otherwise

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

Saving some of them for bloohunts I guess, don't get me wrong I'm using them every match but I'm gonna save at least 50 for the next bloodhunt...

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

That's not how math works. 525% in each game for 5 games in a row is a LOT more than 105% for 5 games in a row.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Depends on how much you make in the match. If I make fewer than 5k BP base because I get tunneled out, then I'm making less with 5 cakes than I would from one good match with a single cake.

My survivor matches have been absolute suck lately, I'm better off saving my cakes.

• jasonjbird
    jasonjbird Member Posts: 20
    Options

Do they even do bloodhunts anymore?

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 311
    Options

Today i went against a Blight who camped at the start of the match who also brought a cake. Thats probably for why.

• CornHub
    Options

Getting stacks is like pulling teeth sometimes, i can see why people have taken it off.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

Right now the increase in BP allows you to buy more cakes... next month you won't get them. Ergo spending them now actually allows you to accumulate more for later. I've been making a net profit so far in each bloodweb due to the BP return.

• LinkOfSerevillon
    LinkOfSerevillon Member Posts: 140
    Options

Its the exact same thing. Assuming you get 10k points in each game. Having 5 cakes in one game would net you 62,500 points. If you were to play 5 matches using just one cake, you would get 20,500 points for that game. Now you do that for 5 games and you have 62,500. You have the exact same yield. Not using your cakes would net you a higher yield since you can use them when others arent. RIght now a lot of people are using them so you can essentially have free bonuses. You are not losing any points by saving cakes and in fact have the potential to make more than you will by using them now.

Of course that example was assuming you got 10k points each round but that doesnt factor in "duds" or games that are over super fast for one reason or another and you have potentially wasted a cake. Right now, not using your cakes is the wisest thing and mathematicaly you will have more bp than if you were to use them now.

You will not have many games with 5 offerings and you shouldnt (because you shouldnt be using your cakes right now)

• gendoss
    Options
  • gendoss
    Options

Lol Almo can you spawn yourself in like 80,000 cakes and use them every game?

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

1) Raise the BP limit so we can all stop being so stingy with how much we save, thus not wasting any.

2) Ease the grind, so we all don't desperately salivate over any and every chance at BP compensation.

3) More BP events. I know ya devs like to throw one or two a year behind CTRL + C/CTRL +V 'events,' and/or 'ruining the bp economy,' but it would go a long way in QoL and player incentive to throw a few more events for that grind.

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

Yeah console players getting bhvrd they aren't the future PC all the way😏

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Why would I burn cakes when my trials are full of toxic dickheads and I'm only getting 5-10k BP?

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    Options

With all due respect, can we stop worrying about what other people do with their own things?

If they don’t wanna use them, that’s okay. It’s theirs, they earned it, they bought it.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I don't use them anymore because if I keep using them I'll be capped on perks well before the next DLC hits. I have a few friends that are doing the same thing.

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
    Options

Use all your bloodpoint offerings now so you can go back to getting 10k BP per game and not have anything to increase it. The grind is so annoying, that's why people are hogging them

• CornHub
    Options

Don't you mean our things? You can't use a cake without using it for everyone else therefore they're being stingy with our cakes

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,259
    edited July 2021
    Options

This event just reminds me how offerings like the BPS and these cakes should just be common. Think of it it solves two issues.

Why use a mori or fog or other things when you could use a common offering for BP? Everyone is too busy getting BP to use their map offerings for example.

BPS should at least be uncommon because any offering that you want that's Green may as well be higher rarity than an Ultra Rare with all the ######### map offerings.

We shouldn't need to save them for later tbh it should just be a year around thing but maybe after the event drop the percentage to 80% or something or just introduce better BP offerings to entice everyone to use them to stack them.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411
    Options

i feel killer should be using it every single game, i understand survivor because there bloodweb is filled with useless ######### but killer no excuse

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

My excuse is that I don't like survivors too much, ha ha ha... But seriously, if there was an option to offer a cake as tribute at the end of the game (even at the cost of 2 or 3 of them to prevent people from exploiting them by only using them when they performed well), I would use them when I realized the players weren't super scummy. I just can never commit to taking that risk before the game... My bad!

• Artemis5
    Artemis5 Member Posts: 49
    Options

OP, I hear you, I agree that the best time to use them is now during the event, because more people are likely to use them now during the event, so more cakes equals more stacking. I also hate it when I offer a cake and no one else does - it's like okay, be selfish, I'll grant YOU extra BP because what I offered benefits everyone, but you won't do it in return. Luckily most matches people offer 3-5 cakes, rarely am I the only one. I've also seen survs in lobby saying CAKES in chat before the match (I'm on PC) to ensure this. On what platform do you play OP? Cause if you play on PC, you can maybe try doing that.

I've made sure I have at least one cake on all my survivors that I own (I don't own all of them yet) and I recently got Feng and levelled her up to 50 and as a result, got 20 cakes along the way haha so I better play her a bit (I just hate her basic cosmetic, was waiting until I could buy the cosmetic that I want for her, but maybe it's better to just play now)

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231
    Options

Because I'm at a point where I level up killers I don't like to play atm, but want them to be P3-50, since everyone else already is P3-50, so all cakes are in their inventory.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

That is the only valid reason to play them

Unfortunately, I already have my characters maxed out, and using bloodpoints to level them up would be a waste since I want to prestige them later

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited July 2021
    Options

That's why I'm stacking cakes only on bloodpoint machines (nurse for me, but legion and wraith would be pretty good too). It's virtually impossible to get low amounts of bps even if overall the game is lost, but who cares, bloodpoints! 🥰

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

I ended my grind, I'm taking them for next chapter

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Recently I've shamelessly used about over 40+ personal cakes, despite having 100+ Anniversary cakes.

But it's only because I'm saving them for whenever my brother plays SWF with me. But if I run out of personal cakes I'll start using the anniversary ones then.

But please everyone else, use your cakes! 1 cake = 1 smile :)

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

I had about 200 year 4 cakes and I've been burning them every single match. I'm down to like 120 of them now. I'll regret burning them sometimes because a ton of these matches have been an absolute bloodbath with no enjoyment whatsoever. That's why I can't blame survivors for not burning them. Also.... It's REALLY rare for them to appear on the bloodweb.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169
    Options

I will not use cakes because of how people have been playing...

• LinkOfSerevillon
    LinkOfSerevillon Member Posts: 140
    Options

You could potentially get that much in 1 game. But over the course of using 1 cake for 5 games, you would get the same result. You cannot account for other people using cakes so its not feasible to assume you would get full stacks every game (especially because you should not be using your cakes so at max you would have 4 stacks). You would get the same result over the course of 5 games than if you were to waste your cakes right now, especially with the stability issues going on and as a dev said, for someone like me that has all perks unlocked for every character, it would be a waste to get more bp right now when i dont need it.

But regardless it seems you didnt understand my math. Assuming full stacks, you would get 62.5k in one game. But if you were to just use your cake (and assume no one else is suing a cake offering) you would get 20.5k in that game and over the course of 5 games you would have the same amount regardless. And as I said people are using their cakes so it wouldnt make sense to waste your own right now unless you need the bloodpoints.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Yep. Yesterday I played three straight games where I was one-hooked. After rank reset I was getting stuck with several rank 17s. Needless to say, I'm going to hold off on using cakes for a bit.