TLDR: SHADY BHVR BUSINESS TACTICS

2»

Comments

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,426

I understand why you're upset I really do. But Mandy is not a dev or has any decision making power afaik. They're just a messenger in this case. The most they can do is bring this up to the actual people in charge, which they may have done already.

Their solution is the one they've been given by the higher ups.

I hope this situation works out somehow for you, because that really really sucks.

Stuff like this is exactly why I left console behind and switched to PC. I don't have to worry about the PC 5 and what that means for my games and their content.

Wishing you the best 🤞

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

This thread is rage inducing, like ######### was bhvr thinking?

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 1,012
    edited October 2022

I find it quite dumb that they can't give back your Demogorgon, in my opinion if you provide proof that you own the character, they should have to give it back to you without any issues, if they still don't return it even you gave them any type of proof, then that is completely unacceptable on BHVR's part.

There should be no limited time to get a free voucher.

• aliensuperrstar
    aliensuperrstar Member Posts: 38

It just perplexes me why they can’t just give some BPs or Shards…. The bare minimum

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,759
    edited October 2022

I promise you that licensed content negotiations are never that simple. The entire reason the goldeneye port on x360 was never completed was literally due to the rights owners arguing over who gets how much money, and specific companies having one person use an executive decision to block it. The port was like 90% complete when they decided they couldn't come to an agreement, and that certainly wasn't the dev team's fault.

While I'm not one to defend BHVR having bad practices (and they certainly have plenty,) I don't necessarily think this is one of them, especially since its more likely the ST rights holder(s) fault than theirs. IIRC some previous licensed characters weren't even allowed to get cosmetics or content updates for quite a while, I remember it being a thing when some killers were finally allowed to get alternate cosmetics. You could argue they need to negotiate those contracts better and you certainly wouldn't be wrong, but stricter contracts could very well have prevented half the licenses the game has gotten.

The option to play the ps4 version on ps5 is actually one other companies have taken as well, its a failsafe for issues like this. Its part of why so many ps5 games come with the ps4 version as well and you can use either one on the ps5: Its the most they can do in a worst case scenario. Even King of Fighters 15 had people using the PS4 version on PS5 before they were able to fix the input latency on the PS5 version. Its not ideal but it is an option.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 429

Your quite right. this all boils down to money but not in the way you think. The reason they arn't able to just give the chapter to them on ps5 is most likely due to lack of license to be able to. Regardless if they are giving the content for free or not its still giving away someone elses property and if they were to do this then they could get in a lot of trouble and most likely get sued.

Also Mandy isn't wrong. Its not like they can't access the content they just can't access it on the PS5. At the end of the day the date for the end of the chapter were given for everyone to see both on social media and in game with a big pop up. I'm usually on the side of the player but in this case I think BHVR are doing whats needed.

Regarding the call for free cells and blood points because he can't play demo/steve/nancy then if they were to do that You would have to lose the chapter access on PS4 as well and that means losing it forever.

• aliensuperrstar

Who said lose it forever? The BPs is compensation for not being able to play content that was purchased on the system I have. Do you think it’s fair to lose all progress when I had red scratch mark backgrounds? Demo is my favorite killer, and the ps4 version is far inferior to the ps5. The least they could do is compensate a consumer who spent money on content expecting it to carry over.

• GooseMan
    GooseMan Member Posts: 104

A good reminder: you don't own anything in live service games, neither you do using Play Station.

• aliensuperrstar

It’s almost like I’m inconveniencing them trying to play their game.

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339

Now you're just making too much sense you can't do that lol. But I agree. I didn't know about the vouchers and now makes me not want to get a PS5 because I didn't have the physical disk I only bought the chapter through PS store. Maybe BHVR should compensate us for said content or contact Netflix and be like look no one could find a PS5 so can we offer vouchers again that do not expire for those of us who bought the content.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,033

This is only applicable to those that bought the Nightmare Edition as that was specifically for PS4, players who own the other forms of the game are unaffected as per the FAQ on the forum.

• aliensuperrstar

Well, that makes everything better. Thanks for solving the issue.

• aliensuperrstar

I love how no one from BHVR acknowledges the solution of giving in game currency. Like it’s a sin

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    edited October 2022

Sadly they can..... At least a Month before the GREAT PULL!

*Dramatic music plays*

About a Month maybe more the forums was filled with worried players about thier ST characters. During this time I bought the Bundle that gave me Silent Hill and ST on steam and heard about the license pull from another game news site.

I was worried because when I bought the Bundle my old PC kicked the bucket and was waiting to get my new one so I came to the forums and saw a news pop-up at the top of the screen and saw so many posts asking about various issues. Many of them were asking about this very situation.

So long story short many different gaming news sources plus the DbD forums and probably the discord page all had information regarding this shift.

Also regarding what you said about compensation....I don't think they can even do that on various levels. The main one is Netflix gets word of it and could easily argue that BHVR is giving out "credits" to a license they don't own.

Another level is how does BHVR give appropriate value for the loss....if we are speaking about the BPs used then OP or others couldn't get the full amount because of BP limits. Also do they give extra BPs for added levels they did past p3, and finally do they remove thier link to the PS4 copy because they compensated and OP has said they would never play the PS4 copy because it's trash...

In closing OP and others had PLENTY of time to aquire the information and set up the needed procedure to prevent this very issue from happening. It sucks big time I'm I feel sorry for them all but the time has passed on anything BHVR can do to help out.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

To be fair it is a Sony issue because I had no isssue with it on my xbox

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 385

Doesn't really matter who's issue it is, slapping a paying customer in the face is bad business.

• kingcarl2012

Yes but putting the blame on behaviour when the issue is on the Sony side isnt really fair.

It isnt behaviours fault that Sony has some system in place that makes the content unavailable, why should the game developer be held accountable for a store related issue.

It would be like buying a headset at walmart and then getting mad at the headset maker about walmarts exchange policy.

• aliensuperrstar
    edited October 2022

Ohhhhh let’s open that can of worms. How exactly were streamers able to play demo when you guys no longer have the license? They said they were given codes for the game and demo was included… how did that work? Seems like the same could be done for players if you guys are willing to go behind Netflix’s back 🤔

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,535

I was in a similar situation. I have the Nightmare disc version for PS4 and when I got a digital PS5 I emailed DBD support, and they gave me a voucher. My understanding was that vouchers were only available up until March 2022, but they then extended it to September 2022. I think you probably just missed out by a matter of days tbh. I anticipate more people running into this issue, especially after the Xmas season (when people get PS5 gifts).

• aliensuperrstar

No. If you were to contact the company about something wrong with the headphones, most refutable companies would either help you troubleshoot or help you get a repair or return. That’s basic customer service. It doesn’t matter where you get a product from, you should stand behind and support your product and consumer from all angles.

• kingcarl2012

Ok fine lets go with a much more specific example closer to what we are actually talking about.

You have a headset you bought for using with your ps4, you get a ps5 but the headset you have isnt compatible with the ps5 because of something to do with the new systems software. Who do you get upset with?

Its a Sony issue you would take it up with Sony not the maker of the headset.

There isnt anything wrong with the headset as it still works on the machine that you purchased it for.

• BendIt
    BendIt Member Posts: 104

If you were a big streamer and they were hosting an event you would get stranger things charachers unlocked no problem.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the dlc will be back with Hawkins once the price drops which isn't really helpful at the moment.

There are definiatly people at BHVR who don't care about the product or customer, just the dollar, which lets face it as customers can* cause games to die

• aliensuperrstar
  • VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Unless Netflix allows the license to go out again MAYBE but Netflix is not that good of a company to begin with. They are the prime example of greedy not caring about their customers.....I had some bad experiences with their customer service that I won't repeat because I don't want to get dinged by a mod for blacklisting someone lol.