Under rewarded building efforts
The short: Taking time constructing an outpost rewards you equally to those who quickly build and activate.
Level design is tough, but fun to play around with. MYM does a great job at giving players the tools they need to make a level from the ground up, but fails to substantially reward their efforts. Considering that all outposts will eventually be deactivated for good dedicating many hours to a single outpost is a sacrifice. Avoiding that sacrifice means creating an outpost as fast as you can. However doing so takes the fun away from the player raiding your outpost. As the raider seeing similar copy and pasted guard spam, trap spam, all in a tight 1x1 long hallway gets stale quick, but without much incentive to do better it's something you could end up seeing plenty of.
Hopefully the future of MYM will encourage more creativity.
- Rewards for reaching x amount of <insert outpost interaction> (raiders killed, x specific trap kills, raiders killed after picking up the genmat, etc.)
- Weekly building challenges
- Construct an outpost using only the following randomized traps and earn x kills
- Create 3 valid harvester paths to the genmat
- Multiplier for passive genmat generation based on prestige level
- A newly purchased outpost would passively earn the base rate of genmat (1x)
- A prestiged outpost on level 2 would earn more passive genmat (i.e. 1.2x), scaling for each subsequent prestige level
- Prestiging an outpost to the max level would net a large bonus
- Champion outposts do exist now, I'm not sure what bonus they produce for the builder though.