Various ideas for reducing the number of loading screens
It would be great to reduce the loading times. Altneratively, reduce how often we need to get a loading screen. Some ways this might be possible:
- Let us prestige our outposts from the sanctuary, so we don't need to load in to an outpost to prestige it. Also suggested here: https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/364368/various-ways-to-reduce-player-friction-ingame/p1?new=1
- Let us also collect materials and change outpost status from the sanctuary. Also let us see time-to-depletion from the santuary.
- When we die during a raid, reset everything without reloading the map. (When testing a build, you let the player respawn very quickly, so I feel it could be possible when raiding too. Just need to reset the traps and guards to their initial states.)
- Would it be possible to keep the sanctuary in memory at all times, so it would never need to reload? It is only one room.
- Let us jump from a replay into building, e.g. when we see a trap that could be improved. (Maybe we can't reuse the outpost in memory, since it may be a replay of an old version of the outpost. But at least to let us skip the sanctuary.)
- Other ways to skip the sanctuary, e.g. when a raid ends, let us jump straight into another raid, or when building/collecting, let us select another outpost to jump to.
Any one of these could save a bit of player time. Less loading = more raiding!