Beta Experience Feedback
I quite enjoyed the game experience, particularly as a builder. The replay feature is fantastic, and I like being alerted every time there's a kill in my bases. My frustration came from feeling the need to raid, but also some other issues I would like to address.
Key binding snafu. While building I bound a command to F. That unbound everything else on F, and when I raided I couldn't retry after dying the first time. Not only that I couldn't reset all bindings, and had to go into the game files to delete the config.
Lack of information. Things such as the tombs, how to prestige, and how danger ratings were calculated were all things I learned only from watching videos and reading forums. The specific location of the Prestige menu was quite small and easily missed.
I know a lot of feedback has addressed slowness of progression and not enough synth gain. I wanted to add that Parts were not used enough--I had 1,600 parts and very little to use them on. Why do parts not go into trap+mod research? From a story POV it makes more sense why mechanical traps would use mechanical pieces, not biological cells.
Beyond that, I wanted to offer a wish list of things I'd like to eventually see.
- Allow HRV to move vertically. While I understand the concerns about builders making the genmat inaccessible,to use a phrase from elesewhere "they gave us a grappling hook, then required the path to be wheelchair accessible". I'd like to create platformer levels or otherwise offer different means to the genmat.
- Ability to give small rewards to raiders. Hear me out, the tomb is supposed to be an optional objective but its location is random, building to it may be very difficult. So I would like the control to place a cells or parts drop, and use them as "secrets" such as behind a corrosive cube, rewarding exploration.
- Toolbar(s) in Build mode: a quickbar where i can place the blocks/traps i want to use a lot without tab-menue.
- When flying in building mode, the option to clip through blocks.
- Either signage for builders, or a specific decal symbol for the tomb and genmat. Honestly I want to direct raiders to the tomb.
- A non-damaging trap that pushes, and a swinging-blade trap--especially if its trigger is anywhere along the arc.
- A block type with a rounded side. This would allow the creation of pillars, as well as facilitate various artistic creations.
- An arrow-shaped light.