Replay Viewer General Feedback
Replay viewer is a fantastic feature, hilarious to watch and really helps with iterating the design of my map, I boot up every day with my morning coffee and watch raiders dying to my traps. Here's a few bug reports and feature requests.
Main bugs that you may already be aware of:
- First person camera not reprisentitive of the player's view (especially with vertical mouse movement)
- Playback seems to freeze occasionally, especially after skipping through with Z, C, Q or E
- Free-cam will sometimes be stuck in place and cant be moved with camera controls
- HRV wont ragdoll when he dies but plays the walk animation instead, some guards will continue making noise after death
- Replay viewer UI (in the hub) will show the most recent replay as unviewed if you scroll down and back up)
- Traps will sometimes go invisible on map reset (when a player dies and respawns)
- Ability to skip to anywhere on the timeline using my mouse
- Video exporter for replays (or selected segments of replay) to my PC
- Dont group deaths as a singular timestamp, if I skip to it I have already missed the first death (or sometimes even the first 2 if its a big cluster)
- In addition to timestamps, maybe add additionl markers to the timeline for info that doesnt interfere withe the Q/E skipping such as a marker for revival, this could help display a clearer story at the top of the screen for what happens during the replay that you can read at a glance
- Dont display a skull for disconnecting, maybe have an icon for successful and unsuccessful escapes.
- When entering free-cam mode, start it at the player's location and angle so I dont need to fly for 10 seconds to get that cool shot of their upcoming death.
- Automatically skip downtime while a player is AFK for X seconds
Other problems I had:
- Booted up the game 1 morning to find I had 32 kills on a single run, excitendly went to view the replay and it was just a coop pair repeatedly killing eachother in spawn, and then completed the level in 5 or so death instead. Dissappointing experience that I'd like to avoid again.