Outpost Building Feedback
I love building bases, but right now I feel rather demotivated. It takes me days to make a base, plus time for tweaks, but a base I work hard on is only viable for a maximum of 10 days due to the current Prestige system. Wilder still, by the time one of my outposts is "done" it usually has between 50 and 100 raiders visiting it. This represents a small portion of the playerbase, so it's not clear why bases need to be cycled out so quickly. It encourages builders to "grind" bases, but the types of people who want to invest in building bases are not grinders. I feel this current system leads to discouraged creativity and lowers the overall quality of outposts, as high-quality bases take more time than low-quality ones and have the same lifespan. Right now it feels like base-builder exist solely for the raiders, and the intrinsic enjoyment of being a builder is minimized due to the current game system. Here are a list of changes I feel would help me feel like it is worthwhile for me to build bases:
1) Bases last 3+ days per Prestige level.
2) Uncapped Prestige on bases.
3) Prestige no longer costs synthite.
4) If you fail to prestige, you can still reset to try again with a high synthite cost.
5) Leaderboard of highest Prestige bases.
6) Bases are always present on Social while in the normal queue.
7) Any base can be permanently set to a new status, "Retired", on Social.
8) Retired bases can no longer have changes made to them.
9) Retired bases get a Speedrun leaderboard.
10) Social raids should give rewards for the player and builder as per the normal game mode to encourage engagement.
This would create a fun and competitive system for builders to feel engaged in beyond the current 10-day lifespan. It would ensure more people see our bases before they go extinct. It would also create a natural conclusion to a base's life that adds something instead of feeling like the base is simply put in a closet.
Players are largely freaking out about the matchmaking and their raid counts on bases because we only get 1 day to attract customers before a base dies. Broadening the timeframe bases are active will reduce the stress and frustration of this process.