Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Prestiging is too easy now, and synthite still feels too grindy.

Amaroq64
Amaroq64 Member Posts: 109

Since they changed prestige, it has been impossible not to prestige your outpost every time it runs out.

I actually liked the old system better, where it was a struggle for your outpost to do well enough to prestige at higher levels. With the caveat that they should keep the fix where large bases are just as easy to prestige as small ones.

Even if we don't go back to that, we should still go halfway or 2/3rds of the way from what we have now, to what we had before. There's just no challenge in prestiging your outposts anymore. It's impossible to fail.

As far as synthite goes, don't listen to the people who no-life this game from sunup to sundown 365, being toxic on the forums about how the game is so ez for them.

Grinding synth to keep 5 bases up feels like a second job that hardly gives you any time to relax, watch replays, etc between your real-life job.

I understand there may be no good solution to my complaint about the synthite grind, because how else can you motivate players to go raid outposts so that builders can be satisfied that their outposts get raided?

Comments

• Polartest53
    Polartest53 Member Posts: 15

make the weekly play bonus and the daily bonus reward more syinthite instead of cells that are only used for a few unlocks. could help with the yellow point grind. maybe tie the amount of points you get to the size of the base. tombs kinda do this but they sometimes suck to look for if they are even used. also farm bases are a thing wont always get them but when you do you can get quite a bit before you start to only get 1 point. dont even need farm bases just do a map that easy and fast to beat and do it over and over.

and whats not to like about easy prestige? its not like building rewards you with anything besides leveling the chimera for more syinthite. your not rewarded for getting rank 10 bases or getting a high k/d. there is no builder rank and nothing for amount of accolades. its got the main issue raiding has unless you just do it for fun there is no other reason to keep doing it.

i think until the playerbase grows it should stay as is at the very least

• Amaroq64
    Amaroq64 Member Posts: 109

As far as "what's not to like about easy prestige", it's more of the challenge than anything. It feels more rewarding if you feel like you had to work for it.

Also from a practical standpoint, if you fail to prestige, that's 12-24 more hours your map will be active until you reach level 10 and can't use it anymore.