The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

9,000 extracted genmat maps are pointless

georhan369
georhan369 Member Posts: 19

So, most of my maps are 9,000 genmat maps although I'm finding that I'll get three invaders early on, then nothing, yeah it's active longer but it doesn't feel like it, I don't know what to improve on the map and it feels like a waste of time to improve anything if nobody is going to play it for 20 hours out of the 24, I should just pick the high capacity low genmat uptime maps from now on and I suggest people do the same.

Comments

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

i'm going to guess that you are doing one of 3 things. you're making a brutal map that isn't yet P5 which means it won't get many raids. you're making a normal map and it doesn't say "LOOT" or "XP" on the front, so you won't get many raids. or You're making a maze/killbox that people are looking at with suit boost and saying no because of the path length or trap/guard setup.

make your map a normal that says "XP" or "LOOT" in big letters even if it isn't true and you'll get more raids. get your map to P5 like that and it'll become a champion which gives it a visibility boost. don't make it brutal if it isn't P5 is my advice.

• Amaroq64
    Amaroq64 Member Posts: 109

It seems like when the game first came out, you would get consistent play all throughout.

Then they responded to player complaints that "no-one is raiding my map" with the solution: "Okay we'll give everyone's map priority right after they prestige it to make sure everyone can have a chance to prestige it again", and it results in what you described above.

Hopefully interest will go back up for Dreadshore and we'll see more consistent raiding again.