(Corrosive Cube) Spontaneous

j4p_was_here
j4p_was_here Member Posts: 7

Just my first impression

The new mod of the corrosive cube is slightly overpowered.

Imagine a small path with this traps and mod on each wall and above....the raider can't even destroy the cubes , the only way is running or shild .

Indestructible trap that shots frequently .

You just need a lot of them to annoy everyone

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Lol, I just posted about this too. I didn't notice you already started a topic on the subject. Yes, Spontaneous mod is just dumb. Delete it please. If not deleted, then reduced the acid blob rate drastically. It is entirely too easy to abuse this mod. I've already seen outposts where basically the entire outpost consists of CC spewing acid hallways. It sucks as much as you would expect.

• eyedeeoneohtee
    eyedeeoneohtee Member Posts: 34

At the very least the acid should not be able to pass through other corrosive cubes. Right now you can stack six corrosive cubes inside a vertical shaft and the ejections will stagger in such a way that the block underneath them is constantly covered in acid. At no point can you stand in that spot and not die.

• HellDiguner
    HellDiguner Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6

Bear in mind corrosive cubes are killing in 0.5 seconds right now instead of the intended 1.5 seconds. This shorter TTK affects corrosive splatter, as well.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

Just met such outpost in dangerous area. 45 cubes (according to boost) and nothing else, they stuck vertically so floor is always a lava. I don't know what am I supposed to do to pass it. I tried to shield but apparently shield doesn't save you from acid already dropped on a floor. I can't grapple efficiently bc there are turns everywhere and also walls are covered with acid too.

I'm not good at speed hardware and such so I'm confused, it's annoying but also looks impassable for me. Does anybody know, is it possible to win this set up and how? Feel dumb abandoning those but can't find a solution by my own :/

• j4p_was_here
    j4p_was_here Member Posts: 7

Actually...permanent jump up and down is the key... never stop moving. If you got hit mid air you still die sometimes

But to be honest, just give up if the whole base is like that without safe spots.

I built one of those as well , only 1 player finished it until i added some safe points.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

Oh, so there's a way. Good to know. I dodge bases without safespots but it's good to know a way around for other bases. Thank you!

• Dreamnomad

The bunny hop technique is good and all but it does have its limits. It can be extremely difficult it pull off in areas with lots of slopes, especially when the ceiling CC have hardened skin. This is compounded when there are other threats such as death pistons or lasers involved. I'm just really not a fan of this particular mod in general. It can be a really cool visual effect in certain outposts but that isn't how 99% of the players are using it.

• Dreamnomad

Thanks you devs! Acid puddles are smaller and spew out less often. That was pretty fast too.