We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Whatcha Think Of Overcharge? 💥

Options
Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,613

These polls get more than enough votes so far, so i'll be keeping it up, though i won't spam these of course, don't wanna overwhelm y'all with polls. 😜

Whatcha Think Of Overcharge? 💥 59 votes

Perfect As Is
8%
Luigifan64ShugoriCreepingcam1070pichumudkipDarootLeafstorm 5 votes
Too Powerful
0%
Good
15%
BossOnryosTapeRentalsBoosted_DwightQwrtyMan213PennosukeToxicboiiTodgeweihtSebaOutbreakGreentheNinja 9 votes
Pretty Bad
25%
White_OwlStevoPeasant0h_DoctorCoodanNoFacese05239TAGYaiPaDr_LoomisAhoyWolfCarlosyluNameless909Endstille 15 votes
Way Too Weak
16%
BlueberryAcesthetiicInnCognitoDolphin9192princeharlequinBloodartistrd_dexdoitagain_dfrenchieepleasedontbetoxic117 10 votes
It Needs To Have More Effects
20%
icemancatSlaughterhouse3zirumioxJacoby2041AzurlynxGrootDudeMedicSpirit7MysticAdvisorAwakeypalletsryummy[Deleted User]Rezblaze 12 votes
It Needs A Rework
3%
GibberishYung_Slug 2 votes
Multiple Of The Above
3%
Spartagone45xEa 2 votes
None Of The Above
0%
Other
6%
Mister_xDarslaNTheLegendDyl4n1Monlyth 4 votes

Comments

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Good

Quite useful for slowing down the game slightly. A tad bit ineffective against high ranks, but it's still good.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options
    Other

Wouldn't say it's pretty bad or way too weak but it needs small buffs.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    Options
    Way Too Weak

It's so bad, never works against me. Only time i can justify using Overcharge over other perks that are actually good is when playing Impossible skill checks Doctor.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    Pretty Bad

Eh, it regresses the generator once then stops it's effect and can be cancelled by skill. I'd rather use perks like Thantaphobia and Dying Light.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
    Good

Overcharge + Surveillance = EZ gen control

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Other

weak at very high tier play, or for me who is stuck between purple and green ranks who can always hit great skill checks (on xbox)

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330
    Options
    Perfect As Is

It does what it says and does it pretty good.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It Needs To Have More Effects

Overcharge... is weak. Useless in high ranks, and only has one time use.

I'd have it apply Overcharge for the next 5/7/10% of generator regression. Any skillchecks within that period will be tremendously difficult. I think that would help give it a boost in higher ranks, and still make it strong in low ranks.

Alternatively, it can grant tremendously difficult skillchecks until one is missed, then the effect is terminated, rather than one skillcheck that goes away whether you hit it or not.

I don't think perks like that should only be useful in low ranks.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Pretty Bad

If you're up against survivors levels 1-8, it's pretty useless.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Good

It's not garbage but it's also not op.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options
    Multiple Of The Above

On low ranks it is decent, but on high ranks its almost useless. Overcharge definitly need some rework.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options
    Other

it really depends which rank you are in tbh.

in low ranks, this perk single handedly defends all your generators, however in high ranks this perk is basically useless.

i dont think we can just buff it to make it viable in high ranks, as low ranks would greatly suffer from this, however adding a secondary effect doesnt really seem to fit the perk itself...

honestly, i dont know how we could properly change the perk to be both effective in high ranks and not break low ranks...

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options
    It Needs A Rework

Pure garbage perk that only affects new/terrible players.

There is no reason to ever run it except to get the Adept Doctor achievement.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options
    It Needs A Rework

You could just run surveillance and have an extra perk slot for pretty much the same effect. This perk really only works on impossible skill check builds. I only liked it on pre-rework Freddy.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options
    Pretty Bad

Underwhelming. If it had synergy with more perks, like Surge, it'd be more powerful.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Pretty Bad

Garbage

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Pretty Bad

I think the main problem is that once you know Overcharge is in play, you pretty much know you’re going to get a skillcheck upon touching a regressing gen. Really isn’t that hard to hit unless Unnerving is also in play... though why run two, possibly three if you count distressing too, sure, infinite uses, though Ruin and Pop are always going to be better options. They slow gens far better than overcharge does and they don’t require other perks to be useful.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 977
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Other

Not really useful unless you're playing Impossible Skillchecks Doctor. Generally, there are a lot of better options for stall perks. Having to kick the gens over and over costs you a lot of time over the course of the game.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Pretty Bad

It's really easy to land the skillcheck, and the fact you can land it after tapping the gen and on the run it's a bit ridiculous. If anything it should work like normal skillchecks, so if you leave the gen before landing it it is considered failed and explodes.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Pretty Bad

Useless in high ranks where Ruin perfect skill checks are a thing amongst survivors.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Good

It's just ok. It works better with some Killers, like the Doctor, and can be great combined with some other perks.

• Demolishing at low ranks.
    • Decent at medium ranks
    • Weak at high ranks

I only use it with the Doctor, Trapper, and with a particular build I have with Clown, which tends to have good results. Other than that, if I have to pick a perk to slow down the gens, I'll just go for Pop Goes the Weasel, Ruin, or both.

With all that being said, I don't usually reach high ranks with Killer before a rank reset, so Overcharge is useful to me as of now. But only with a bunch of Killers.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,990
    Options
    Way Too Weak

Just quite weak.

It needs to have synergy with other perks like Surge.

The skill check also needs to be harder or maybe make it go backwards.