We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Do we need/want more Emotes?

Options
Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited October 2019 in Polls

I want emotes for both killers and survivors! Not only for communicating, also for fun! I mean, maybe you shouldn't be able to stop the animation once started?

I'd love tosee a:

Dancing Dwight

Tantrum Hag

Dissapointment hand on face Bill

Push up David

Laughing Toxic Nea

Warm Up Excercise Legion

Do we need/want more Emotes? 68 votes

YES PLEASE!
23%
Bravo0413TheLegendDyl4n1GrootDudepremiumRICEAhoyWolfkylerabdcgamer10Carlosylu8obot1canonymous31337[Deleted User]DryhighPainaSkele1925Buff_BubbaPlaquerCereal_Killer 16 votes
YES PLEASE! THIS WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER THAN CHARMS!
14%
PureSabaccRosalindJacoby2041Micheal_MyersAzurlynxrch614Rocketlauncher22Jed_OlsenDonZwiebelFOBLEE 10 votes
YES PLEASE! I'D EVEN BUY THEM FROM THE STORE IF THEY'RE GOOD ENOUGH
13%
Mister_xDPeasantKeanuqwertyMrJack20252TruffleTurtleViracocha72IcewhisperGreentheNinjaASadGaymer 9 votes
No, this is unnecesary
16%
GibberishthesuicidefoxSpartagone45PluWaffleFalafelPandiferdoitagain_[Deleted User]fly_172SoloQue101Entity_Burger 11 votes
No, this would promote toxicity
32%
PuggyMohawkBossFoggyDownpourWhite_OwlOnryosTapeRentalsDaddyTrappersGirlTapeKnotExciterTheEdgeGamerxEaWalker_of_the_fog_96PennosukeDr_LoomisBruhMomentRevansithWSNLNoOneEscapesNancyRezblazeWalkenMurrayAAAAA 22 votes

Comments

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

We don't need, but I want more. Also based on the options I feel like this is biased... XD

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

ONLY AS LONG AS THEY'RE REASONABLE

Ahem.

I'm fine with killers and survivors getting a few new emotes. Just keep it reasonable. What is reasonable? No dancing for starters. Only have emotes that make sense like letting Evan chuckle or have Amanda waving her finger at someone that is trying to remove a trap. As for survivors, better pointing (like aiming a flashlight by holding the button). And maybe a few smiles.

• Carlosylu
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

Why biased? There are 2 No options, why would you select no if it weren't cause of toxicity or thinking it wouldn't add anything to the game?

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

Well the ones with yes are capitalized and the ones with no are lowercase, plus you also voted yes so yeah.....

• Carlosylu
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

Oh, I'll have that in mind for other polls, sorry, was not intended like that

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Push Up David would make you stop in place and lose your movement, not a bad idea, would love to customize which emote goes to my d-pad.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    edited October 2019
    Options

Killers can already do some sort of emotes: the Clown Dance, Moonwalking Myers, Bing Bonging etc. And more often then not they're used for toxicity already.

I'd like some more emotes to improve communication between solo survivors though.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

No thanks.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

100% against. No. Absolutely awful.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

I dislike your suggestions for emotes but I'm in favour of a few more emotes to mix it up a little.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    Options

No. Emotes should fit the atmosphere of the game. Having dances would make this game more of a meme than it already is.

Emotes that fit the situation. Not default dance BS, or facepalming.

• Dr_Loomis
    Options

I understand this is a game...but simply put: if you were a survivor and awoke in to a strange, horrific landscape before being pursued by a hulking, bloodthirsty killer...the last thing on your agenda would be twerking or doing the floss.

• Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256
    Options
    YES PLEASE! THIS WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER THAN CHARMS!

Did somebody say finger guns?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

No thanks, unless people come up with actually usefull emotes that also fit with the tone of the game.

• Entity_Burger
    Entity_Burger Member Posts: 126
    Options
    No, this is unnecesary

No. The last thing I want to see is a Survivor or Killer doing a fortnite dance. It does not fit in this game.

Hell, the game started with 0 voicecoms and 2 emotes. Why? To promote a scary atmosphere; the Survivors were too scared to make a sound. Sounds could lead the Killer to them.

Of course, then came SWF and using Discord so... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

it doesnt have to be cringy emotes like some sort of TF2 Conga line or Fortnite solo dance, however i believe that some actually scary emotes, or just some that fit the personality of the character using them, could fit into the game pretty nicely.

like a Legion going into a tantrum, swinging all around him for a few seconds?

or a Trapper kneeling down and inspecting the floor he is about to trap?

maybe Claudette could pick a flower that is growing close to her and put it in her pocket?

and why not have David start boxing the air?

just some ideas, however i belive such emotes would make the trials feel a lot more unique and may lead to some funny moments.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options
    No, this is unnecesary

God no.

The only emotes that should be in the game are functional ones, like the point and "come here" gestures we already have.

We dont need dumb garbage like dancing or random stuff actions.

• SaintDenisSlasher
    SaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227
    Options

It would 100% promote toxicity but i mean this game is really already at rock bottom. It would be cool to see more of the characters personalities but it would only be for survivors because as a killer who are you gonna emote to and when? A survivor on the hook?

I don't know honestly but if they do add them i would want them to be tamed because the game already suffers from deteriorated atmosphere because the game isn't dark and survivors aren't scared since the advantage is in their favor

• PuggyMohawk
    PuggyMohawk Member Posts: 11
    Options

Finger guns are only exception

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558
    Options

I say no, but I would like something for the killers... even if it was just going the things they do while looking for a lobby

• Dr_Loomis
    Options

Oh look a huge bloodthirsty mutant creature is chasing me with a razor sharp weapon of death! Good time for a Dab! LOL! U Mad Bro!?

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

I don't want 4 toxic neas laughing at me at the exit doors

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options
    No, this is unnecesary

No. Waste of developer resources. Focus on improving the game's health (balance, performance, etc) instead.

Also pointing/come here are not emotes. They are gestures, ones you can use to communicate non-verbally to other survivors (or even the killer). An emote is just something with no purpose other than to be silly.

• Buff_Bubba
    Buff_Bubba Member Posts: 13
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

They would make good rift rewards.

That's not how game dev works. The people who would make emotes are not the same people working on balance or servers.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options
    No, this is unnecesary

Yea but they are the people working on animations for new killers/abilities. It still takes away resources from important stuff.

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231
    edited November 2019
    Options
    YES PLEASE!

I just want a waving emoteĀ for saying "hi" so we don't need to "teabag" anymore when we meet other survivorsĀ andĀ an emote to bow one's thanks would be cool, that's all :)

also giveĀ killers the same emotes ^^

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options
    No, this is unnecesary

No thanks, I'd rather have the game issues be fixed first.