Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Game changes for stealth play

KillingInstinct
KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Here's an idea I've had for a while now. what if we make the DbD experience a bit like it's supposed to be?

I thought of something pretty cool imo.

Remove 60% of pallets and buff some of the killer perks immensely.
Nerf all SB like perks. So it's only 50% or 100% faster running.
Wait wait wait. I know what you're thinking but hear me out.

Remove the crows from the game and the perk whispers.
Make it so Bbq & Chilly only shows survivors for 1 second.
Vaulting or running into lockers should still give killers a notification but slow vaulting or entering a locker should be faster and be rewarding.

They should support stealth play and punish the fact when survivors are found.
Imagine that you HAVE to hide behind and outplay the killer with like Urban evasion so he doesn't find you.
Camping should be made impossible.
Survivors should walk slower or be unable to run while injured (I'd say running would be with a humping effect) and any actions should be reduced by 10% speed while injured. That way the perk ''Resilience'' actually makes sense to even be in the game.

After the 2nd hook phase, a barrier around the hook for 20 or 30 meters appears and only survivors can enter it, or if the killer enters the range he gets slowed a lot. like 30% or 40%. after the 2nd hook phase. The entity barrier that is shown in the tutorial modes for the game and at the exit gates could be used.

It should be like in Outlast or Evil Within. The Survivors then still have a few pallets and they have to be lucky to find them. Decisive Strike should stun for 3 seconds and the scratch marks should be gone for 3 seconds as well. That should also be in that perk. So survivors have an actual chance of getting away.

This game style would make the game scary and as it should be. ASYMMETRICAL. You could even make it so that there are 6 survivors and 1 killer imo.

Just imagine actually being scared and having to fear for your life. Since a small misstep could be your end.

Comments

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

I put a lot of thought into this so pls don't ignore it and give some feedback :)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

One of your suggestions is literally rewarding Survivors for failure (you know the one I'm talking about). I do not support this.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    As cool as this idea is, it sounds like it would miss a lot of action. There would be long periods of staring at generators or creeping around. Killers would wander around a lot too. It just doesn’t sound very stimulating for a survivor. 
  • Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368

@HeroLives said:
    As cool as this idea is, it sounds like it would miss a lot of action. There would be long periods of staring at generators or creeping around. Killers would wander around a lot too. It just doesn’t sound very stimulating for a survivor. 

Sounds uber boring to me....

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Sally55 said:

@HeroLives said:

Sounds uber boring to me....

I like stealth ,but I certainly don’t want to be completely forced into it. Does being camped or tunneled suck? Yeah, but it mixes things up. I like that you have to figure out how people are going to play instead of being stuck in a mundane simulator. I think it’s fun that there are so many different ways to play this game. That’s why the game is still going. 
  • ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Hmm....I could see a separate mode that endorses only stealth style playing. But the main game shouldn't be just stealth.

I believe the main game could use some completely new mechanics for survivors and killers. (And some story wouldn't kill anyone.)