Idea to solve the hatch stand-off

Options
ermsy
ermsy Member Posts: 581
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
I suggest that if the killer hits the survivor while the hatch is open, that survivor is unable to go into the hatch for 5 seconds or for however long it takes the killer to recover.

Comments

• Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368
    Options

@ermsy said:
    I suggest that if the killer hits the survivor while the hatch is open, that survivor is unable to go into the hatch for 5 seconds or for however long it takes the killer to recover.

Why 5 seconds though??? As a killer i really could care less about the hatch. I'd rather they just leave via the hatch so i can move on to the next game. Plus 5 seconds sounds completely unfair.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 581
    Options
    You're missing the point...be it 3 seconds than. The point is that it would stop the hatch stand off. A survivor would have to do a gen and to force the killer away rather than stare at each till one gives in. 

By your logic the hatch should just spawn infront of the survivor to end the game asap. 
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options
    Sally55 said:

@ermsy said:

Why 5 seconds though??? As a killer i really could care less about the hatch. I'd rather they just leave via the hatch so i can move on to the next game. Plus 5 seconds sounds completely unfair.

I feel like people that get in hatch standoff’s bring it upon themselves. I don’t ever have this problem. I’ll look around for it or die trying. I’ll let the killer kill me if I don’t find it in a certain amount of time, or if they are camping the hatch they can just kill me. I’m not going to stand there and have a starring contest(then complain about it). People play like that one hatch is life or death in the real world. There is no reason to be that hard up to live or kill especially when there aren’t rank rewards. 

if there were rank rewards and that hatch determines whether or not you stay on the reward bracket moving up or down then I could understand. It’s not though, it literally makes little to no difference what so ever. It’s not even enough bp to justify doing this any longer than 5 mins. 

Logically getting into a hatch standoff any longer than 5 mins is completely illogical. 
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Isnt "hatch Standoff" reworks already in testing? i'm sure I tested this in the PTB so they already have ideas on how to stop it

• HeroLives
    edited July 2018
    Options

Isnt "hatch Standoff" reworks already in testing? i'm sure I tested this in the PTB so they already have ideas on how to stop it

They tested it , feedback didn’t go well with the implementations they tried. 
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

I think the balance would be having 2 hatches, if the killer closes 1, then the 2nd is closed automatically at the same time

• HeroLives
    Options

I think the balance would be having 2 hatches, if the killer closes 1, then the 2nd is closed automatically at the same time

I mean sure I guess? Why two if they both close at the same time? It would just lead to the survivor sneaking around for 1-3 gens until complete or dead then powering gates. Seems like a long time. Which is why hatch is fine. Might as well just stare at each other if that’s the case.