We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

New Game Mode - Normal Difficulty

Options
TWiXT
TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Essentially this mode removes the transparencies in the game and leaves it up to the survivors and killers to figure out what is going on, and is meant for those looking for a better challenge in this multiplayer game.

Survivors:

• No longer get 3x the notifications/perk symbols of what perk the killer is using that's currently affecting them. (No Hex or Cursed status notifiers, no notification of Exposed status when a killer triggers it affecting more than one survivor, no notifications for Blindness, Hemorrhaging, Hindered, Madness, or Mangled). Some exceptions apply: Exhausted status and timer remains, Exposed when on a timer (e.g. Make your Choice), Skill checks affected by a perk still show as Red or Reduced in success zones. Obsession status only becomes visible to the survivor upon their first dying state.

• 45 second timer per hook phase (Total of 90 seconds as opposed to the current 120).

• 5% greater penalty for failing skill checks (Failed skill checks = 15% drop in progression as opposed to the current 10% drop).

• All killers Terror Radius's reduced by 6 meters.

• Bonus 100% Blood point rewards.

• Bonus 25% Player Xp Rewards.

Killers:

• No notifications for any perks the survivors use at any point.

• Aura reading perks\add-on's reduced by 1 second in effect, but no lower than 2 seconds.

• No visual notifications when a survivor fails a healing skill check unless within 24 meters of the event.

• No indicators for survivors using the perk: No Mither.

• Terror Radius reduced 6 meters.

• Bonus 100% Blood point Rewards.

• Bonus 25% Player Xp rewards.

This mode is designed to remove the "Training Wheels" or "Hand Holding" of this game that everyone is accustomed to, and encourage them to use their well earned and honed instincts for understanding what their opponents are using in each match. My Hard mode concept is obviously more difficult for everyone, but I decided to submit Normal first as a test to the communities reactions before submitting it, and if anyone wants me to submit Hard or Insane mode, please up-vote and voice your interest.

Comments

• TheEliteTurtle
    TheEliteTurtle Member Posts: 108
    Options

This is a cool concept, but it seems to be much harder on the survivors than the killer.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

@TWiXT said:
    Essentially this mode removes the transparencies in the game and leaves it up to the survivors and killers to figure out what is going on, and is meant for those looking for a better challenge in this multiplayer game.

Survivors:

• No longer get 3x the notifications/perk symbols of what perk the killer is using that's currently affecting them. (No Hex or Cursed status notifiers, no notification of Exposed status when a killer triggers it affecting more than one survivor, no notifications for Blindness, Hemorrhaging, Hindered, Madness, or Mangled). Some exceptions apply: Exhausted status and timer remains, Exposed when on a timer (e.g. Make your Choice), Skill checks affected by a perk still show as Red or Reduced in success zones. Obsession status only becomes visible to the survivor upon their first dying state.

• 45 second timer per hook phase (Total of 90 seconds as opposed to the current 120).

• 5% greater penalty for failing skill checks (Failed skill checks = 15% drop in progression as opposed to the current 10% drop).

• All killers Terror Radius's reduced by 6 meters.

• Bonus 100% Blood point rewards.

• Bonus 25% Player Xp Rewards.

Killers:

• No notifications for any perks the survivors use at any point.

• Aura reading perks\add-on's reduced by 1 second in effect, but no lower than 2 seconds.

• No visual notifications when a survivor fails a healing skill check unless within 24 meters of the event.

• No indicators for survivors using the perk: No Mither.

• Terror Radius reduced 6 meters.

• Bonus 100% Blood point Rewards.

• Bonus 25% Player Xp rewards.

This mode is designed to remove the "Training Wheels" or "Hand Holding" of this game that everyone is accustomed to, and encourage them to use their well earned and honed instincts for understanding what their opponents are using in each match. My Hard mode concept is obviously more difficult for everyone, but I decided to submit Normal first as a test to the communities reactions before submitting it, and if anyone wants me to submit Hard or Insane mode, please up-vote and voice your interest.

This is a fantastic idea, though Normal mode doesn't really sell it as a harder mode, lol. Maybe something like realistic mode?

• TWiXT
    edited July 2018
    Options

This is a fantastic idea, though Normal mode doesn't really sell it as a harder mode, lol. Maybe something like realistic mode?

IMO this game is already in a state of "Easy mode" for survivors and killers. Not having to rely on our gamer instincts and having all perks affecting game play spelled out to us in triplicate all the time is laughably condescending to our intelligence. It's definitely not "much" harder but simply removing the excessive coddling should still provide a decent challenge, and the rewards for putting yourself up to the task should encourage players enough to make it a common mode for testing their skills. Overall, I feel this will separate the "men from the boys" and encourage people to have more fun with the experience. Hard mode and Insane mode are much more difficult, but if you can't hack it in Normal mode, you don't deserve the much greater rewards and risks of taking on those modes.

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • TWiXT
    Options

@TheEliteTurtle said:
    This is a cool concept, but it seems to be much harder on the survivors than the killer.

Not really... In essence all it does for survivors is take off the training wheels, add a slightly greater penalty for failing the laughably easy skill checks, reduce each hook phase by 15 seconds, and the killers terror radius by 6 meters (Doctor players will take much umbrage to this change). Generator repair rate is unaffected, Perks aren't nerfed or limited, and where No Mither is concerned, are actually enhanced. Survivors as of now are already incredibly OP against the Killer with multiple chances of escape, and supernatural stamina, all of which are still unaffected by this mode. Whereas killers get a lower TR (which is good for some but totally screws over the perks that need larger TR's), lower aura reading time, Tremendously smaller detection range for failed healing skill checks, and no idea other than visual confirmation of if a survivor is using No Mither. Overall I was worried I was being too harsh on the killers vs. survivors, but If you want to see heavy nerfs to both parties... That is where Hard and Insane mode come in.

• TheEliteTurtle
    TheEliteTurtle Member Posts: 108
    Options

@TWiXT said:

@TheEliteTurtle said:

Not really... In essence all it does for survivors is take off the training wheels, add a slightly greater penalty for failing the laughably easy skill checks, reduce each hook phase by 15 seconds, and the killers terror radius by 6 meters (Doctor players will take much umbrage to this change). Generator repair rate is unaffected, Perks aren't nerfed or limited, and where No Mither is concerned, are actually enhanced. Survivors as of now are already incredibly OP against the Killer with multiple chances of escape, and supernatural stamina, all of which are still unaffected by this mode. Whereas killers get a lower TR (which is good for some but totally screws over the perks that need larger TR's), lower aura reading time, Tremendously smaller detection range for failed healing skill checks, and no idea other than visual confirmation of if a survivor is using No Mither. Overall I was worried I was being too harsh on the killers vs. survivors, but If you want to see heavy nerfs to both parties... That is where Hard and Insane mode come in.

Actually I guess this is true. Nvm

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    Options

It's cool, but I don't really want "gamemodes" in DBD.