Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Let’s talk about camping.

RotBb
RotBb Member Posts: 396
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
-DO NOT COMMENT IF YOU DON’T READ IT ALL-
This is not a post about how to change camping, this is a discussion to just talk about the “strategy”. Killers camping the hook can be required, such as when all four survivors are alive and the last generator is powered, but when no generators are finished, why? Is camping fun? Like, maybe when the survivor has “Dying Light” inflicted or is just completely toxic, it’s fair, but it’s less points for you both, and less fun overall. No, I’m not saying the killer needs to make the game fun for survivors, but when the killer makes it impossible to have fun, what’s the point? I encountered a camper who from the first hook camped. Me and another player survived until the exits were powered, then I got hooked. I pulled myself off the hook and I was instantly hit down. No, the killer doesn’t NEED to respect the 4%, but when you’ve camped all game, then they get their only chance of escape, why be so mean? The developers say camping is a viable “strategy”, but to my knowledge, “NOT_Queen” is the only dev that plays the game, and when Matheiou said camping is a good strategy, she scoffed, because she understands that while it’s viable, it’s not fun. If you’re going to the extent to ensure easy kills, why not just pick up The Nurse? In the low ranks, and mostly into the high ranks a moderate to decent nurse is a guaranteed 3k. Sure, the nurse is hard to learn, but she is a good killer that doesn’t make the game disgusting. If you lose to the nurse, you know why. She was either good, or you and your team were bad. The Nurse has a high skill curve sure, but she’s just muscle memory. Learning to play the nurse is a pain, I know that. Playing against a good nurse is absolute hell, but it’s the hell that makes the game fun. Insidious Leatherface in the basement is not fun. If there is anything to justify camping, it’s Insidious. It’s a gross perk, but it is still the only thing that you can use to justify the play style. Camping a hook without insidious is awful. Even camping hooks with insidious is awful. Camping a hook at all is awful, but if you go into the lobby knowing you’re gonna be gross, then at least run insidious. If you’re gonna be gross and camp, then change your play style to farm. It gives everyone more points. It takes an equal amount of skill, but at least everyone profits. So, if you agree or disagree to any part of this, please share your thoughts in the comments to keep the discussion going. 
Post edited by RotBb on

Comments

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    I play to have fun, my future doesnt depend on me killing one person. I like the chase, the fun of finding the survivors. I do not play to stare at someone or just stand still, because I am pretty sure there are cheaper ways to do that, I would never spend money on a game where I camp, and miss the whole point, never ever.

So if they live, they live, I just move on to the next. Why should I see that someone only got a couple thousand points and had a ######### time, so that I could feed my own ego. Makes no sense to me.

But whatever floats someones boat I guess, it is not against the rules, just saying that I would never pay for a game to do that.
  • Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

You cant define for me what my fun is. I find camping very enjoyable even though i am a decent killer. I dont need to camp but because of thousands of tbags, taunts, holding the game hostage, refusing to leave, BM in game and BM out of the game in chat, i no longer care and treat them all the same. They all get camped for my enjoyment. Honestly, i get a kick out of it. It is my fun watching them die. You are nothing but a meat popsicle for me.

If they want to remove camping they better come up with a good way. As it is they already stealth nerfed BBQ with the aura. It was a deliberate nerf. To help those who are too stupid to figure out that all you need to do is either not be there when he gets there or tbag the crap out of killer and then move telling him you know he has it and you WONT be there. I did this to all killers even if it was a tbag to empty space since he had no BBQ. I just assumed he did. Git gud

Blame the tbagging, BMing, disrespectful, exploit using, cheating -with voice com SWF for converting more and more killers into truly nasty, toxic killers who will kill you under their rules, not yours.

I am not here to provide you with fun. Playing killer is not fun so i am going to make sure you have none either. Just be glad i do not play anymore.

• RotBb
    Envees said:

You cant define for me what my fun is. I find camping very enjoyable even though i am a decent killer. I dont need to camp but because of thousands of tbags, taunts, holding the game hostage, refusing to leave, BM in game and BM out of the game in chat, i no longer care and treat them all the same. They all get camped for my enjoyment. Honestly, i get a kick out of it. It is my fun watching them die. You are nothing but a meat popsicle for me.

If they want to remove camping they better come up with a good way. As it is they already stealth nerfed BBQ with the aura. It was a deliberate nerf. To help those who are too stupid to figure out that all you need to do is either not be there when he gets there or tbag the crap out of killer and then move telling him you know he has it and you WONT be there. I did this to all killers even if it was a tbag to empty space since he had no BBQ. I just assumed he did. Git gud

Blame the tbagging, BMing, disrespectful, exploit using, cheating -with voice com SWF for converting more and more killers into truly nasty, toxic killers who will kill you under their rules, not yours.

I am not here to provide you with fun. Playing killer is not fun so i am going to make sure you have none either. Just be glad i do not play anymore.

Did you read my post? I said that I get camping when it’s the toxic tbagging survivors, but when it’s a L5 Dwight who can’t hit skillchecks, why camp him?
  • Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@RotBb said:
    Envees said:

Did you read my post? I said that I get camping when it’s the toxic tbagging survivors, but when it’s a L5 Dwight who can’t hit skillchecks, why camp him?

Because SWF abuse the matchmaking and he gets stuck in with them while they are rank 3, 7 and 12. Don't believe me?

And because, like i said, i camp and and treat all equally. And who am i to know he is level 5, rank 20, when i am, at times, rank 18?

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

China called, they want their wall back.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@Runiver said:
    China called, they want their wall back.

its not theirs.... this one isn't all that 'great'....

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I am going to respond to this massive wall of text with a very short and simple response:

I as a killer am not responsible for your fun as a survivor.

• RotBb

I am going to respond to this massive wall of text with a very short and simple response:

And I said that in the post, at least read it before you comment.
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    RotBb said:

And I said that in the post, at least read it before you comment.
    Lol don't post a wall of text.
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Okay I am not reading that BLOCK of Text (Seriously don't make forum posts on your phone).

BUT Assuming you are making the typical Survivor arguements. So long as Looping is in the game I will camp if I deem it needed. If you flashlight save, I will camp you.

Welcome to Dead by Daylight.

• RotBb
    Vortexas said:

Okay I am not reading that BLOCK of Text (Seriously don't make forum posts on your phone).

BUT Assuming you are making the typical Survivor arguements. So long as Looping is in the game I will camp if I deem it needed. If you flashlight save, I will camp you.

I talked about that in the wall of text. 
  • Vortexas

@RotBb said:
    Vortexas said:

Go edit your post.

Use your damned enter key.

• RotBb
    Vortexas said:

@RotBb said:
    Vortexas said:

Go edit your post.

Use your damned enter key.

There. Edited.
  • Vortexas
    edited July 2018

DO NOT COMMENT IF YOU DON’T READ IT ALL-

This is not a post about how to change camping, this is a discussion to just talk about the “strategy”. Killers camping the hook can be required, such as when all four survivors are alive and the last generator is powered, but when no generators are finished, why?

Is camping fun? Like, maybe when the survivor has “Dying Light” inflicted or is just completely toxic, it’s fair, but it’s less points for you both, and less fun overall.

No, I’m not saying the killer needs to make the game fun for survivors, but when the killer makes it impossible to have fun, what’s the point? I encountered a camper who from the first hook camped. Me and another player survived until the exits were powered, then I got hooked. I pulled myself off the hook and I was instantly hit down.

No, the killer doesn’t NEED to respect the 4%, but when you’ve camped all game, then they get their only chance of escape, why be so mean? The developers say camping is a viable “strategy”, but to my knowledge, “NOT_Queen” is the only dev that plays the game, and when Matheiou said camping is a good strategy, she scoffed, because she understands that while it’s viable, it’s not fun. If you’re going to the extent to ensure easy kills, why not just pick up The Nurse?

In the low ranks, and mostly into the high ranks a moderate to decent nurse is a guaranteed 3k. Sure, the nurse is hard to learn, but she is a good killer that doesn’t make the game disgusting. If you lose to the nurse, you know why. She was either good, or you and your team were bad.

The Nurse has a high skill curve sure, but she’s just muscle memory. Learning to play the nurse is a pain, I know that. Playing against a good nurse is absolute hell, but it’s the hell that makes the game fun. Insidious Leatherface in the basement is not fun. If there is anything to justify camping, it’s Insidious. It’s a gross perk, but it is still the only thing that you can use to justify the play style.

Camping a hook without insidious is awful. Even camping hooks with insidious is awful. Camping a hook at all is awful, but if you go into the lobby knowing you’re gonna be gross, then at least run insidious.

If you’re gonna be gross and camp, then change your play style to farm. It gives everyone more points. It takes an equal amount of skill, but at least everyone profits. So, if you agree or disagree to any part of this, please share your thoughts in the comments to keep the discussion going. 

There like most things in your life, someone else has done it for you.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I camp if they are toxic, if they have a flashlight, if they hide in a locker, if all the gens are done and I just want 1 dude dead. Trust me there are worse things than camping, I hit a dude and let his ass bleed out while his team mates tried to save him cause his team mates all had flashlights and he had ds. I've encountered so many toxic survivors that I actually regret not camping most of them.