We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Poll for Survivor Mains to address the Myers panic

Options
Lost_in_the_Fog
Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

If you've visited the General Discussions page, you may notice that people are FLIPPING OUT over Myers tier 1 being detectable by Spine Chill. Some are even going so far as to say Spine Chill is now a meta survivor perk. I'm curious. . . what is your view of the perk? Please feel free to elaborate on why you do or don't run it.

Poll for Survivor Mains to address the Myers panic 52 votes

This perk is ABSOLUTELY meta. I run it every build!
19%
GibberishInnCognitoDolphin9192Micheal_MyersCJsDBDAwakeypleasedontbetoxic117TodgeweihtGreentheNinjaNoOneEscapesNancy 10 votes
I run this perk sometimes.
51%
PuggyMohawkBossRattmanMister_xDFibijeanYucchi0h_DoctorxGREENCATxJacoby2041TragicSolitudeTheRockstarKnightyobudddDreskiBoosted_DwightKiskashiMrPenguinpremiumRICEElusivePukkaBruhMomentLost_in_the_Fog 27 votes
This perk is garbage. I would NEVER waste a slot on it!
28%
MandyMc_HartyLuigifan64OnryosTapeRentalsFoggyWeather_AkumashardsTheLegendDyl4n1Aven_FallenPandiferAzurlynxYaiPaMedicSpirit7Icewhispersatanwuvsyou 15 votes

Comments

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    Options

I prefer to run spine chill in all of my builds, but i wouldn't say it's meta.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options

I rarely run it. I prefer different types of perks like Inner Strength. :/

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

I myself will add this perk to a build on occasion but every time I do I end up feeling like I don't use it effectively. Half the time I end up forgetting to keep an eye on it.

• Keelah
    Keelah Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2019
    Options

None of these. I never run it but I think it's a good perk

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Spine Chill is only good for one thing, being paired with Resilience for super vaults.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

Resilience makes you vault faster?!?!? I never knew that!

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

You clearly don't know how meta works. Since looping is the meta, chase-time increasing perks are meta. If stealth was meta (or at least Wraith or Myers were meta), then Spine Chill would be meta (along with Iron Will, Calm Spirit and so on).

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

I get how meta works. I find the claims that this perk is now meta to be quite dubious. That's why I'm conducting a poll and collecting data! πŸ“ŠπŸ“ˆπŸ“‰

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

Fair enough. I was just being cheeky with my choices. Most of the reactions to the change have been SOOOOO extreme I figured I'd make my options that way too. Lol

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

None of the above

I run this perk every game but it isn’t meta.

I am not a stealth player but I still use spine chill.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

I run it maybe a fifth of the time, because I rotate out my 4th slot. It's not meta, it's just one of many isolated counters in the game.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

I mean, yeah, now with dedicated servers hit registration works pretty #########. I used dead hard before, but now its barely possible to dodge hits with it. So, from time to time I try alternatives for exhaustion slot in my build. Spine Chill is one of them.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

they need to chill, Myers doesn't need special treatment.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I can't live without it.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

It's not meta, imo. However, i always run it. In every game i have played so far since the update. There have been no Myers and anyone one using Spine Chill. It is a great perk. Stealth if you want but i don't play stealthy, especially with the clothes i wear.

• GreentheNinja
    GreentheNinja Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2019
    Options

This perk was already good before this. It's a small buff, not a game changer. Besides, most of your time spent stalking will be in T2 anyway, unless you're running a Scratched Mirror.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,292
    Options

Whilst I don't think the perk is "garbage" I'd never waste a perk slot for it because I don't find it that useful and it does what my eyes can do instead basically. It's very rare I see it used in red ranked games.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Spine Chill has always been one of the strongest perks in the game, it just fell out of the spotlight with the introduction of even more broken stuff like D.Strike, Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, ect.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

not a survivor main, but i like switching up my builds, so chances are at some point it will be equipped.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I miss the "This perk is not meta, but i run it all the time" option.