PSA: If you open a chest and don't want the item. . .

Options

Due to the changes in Plunderer's Instinct the auras of open chests no longer appear but items on the ground do. So if you open a chest and don't want it's contents, please take the item out and place it on the ground. The Fog Pirates thank ye.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

I'm not wasting my time to put my map on the ground for another map

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

Ok well for those of you who don't mind helping people you don't know. Please do!

• Twinkletits
    Twinkletits Member Posts: 60
    Options

You can still see items in chests. You just don't see the chest itself. It doesn't have to be on the ground.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

doesnt Plunderers reveal the items aura inside the chest though?

i've seen item auras inside chests, might be because someone switched their item with the chest item though...

• PumpkinKing
    PumpkinKing Member Posts: 122
    Options

No, when I was running the challenge I could see the items in the chests that I left. They are visible. OP is just needy ;D

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    edited November 2019
    Options

This is ..uh..a bad idea. Why would anyone do this? first off - the chests turn white with anyone with this perk if they have been opened and still have an item. Secondly, if you take a small little item out of a big noticeable chest and just drop it on the ground odds are no one will even see it. However, if you open the chest, don't want the item..the other person may want the item and now doesn't have to go through the searching animation.. which is very helpful while in a chase and desperately needing a first aid kit so you can run off and heal yourself.

in conclusion it's actually far more helpful for someone with the perk to run around, open all the chests on the map and leave the items they don't want in the chests. Odds are their team mates will see the chests and that there is an item in there..far more likely of a scenario then noticing a first aid kit hiding in some bushes. furthermore, it just causes confusion if someone is after the vulture achievement, sees an item on the ground, grabs it , escapes the match and doesn't get thee achievement because some loon is going around throwing the contents of the chests all over the map..

not sure you thought any of this through.