The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is prestige worth it?

I currently have a level 50 ghost face, Billy, and Spirit with all perks I currently own unlocked. But I don't know if I should prestige because the rewards seem very small, and I don't want to lose all that progress. I already own cosmetics that I would prefer over prestige ones and I've heard that the items in the bloodweb get better but I've also heard that it's not that noticeable. Is there anything I'm missing or is it basically just to show of that you prestiged, if so I think I'm just going to stay at level 50.

Comments

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325

It isn't worth it, it's even less worth it if you have a bunch of killers and therefore will take a long, long time to get BP to get the perks you want. If you already have the killers you play/will play with perks you want, and you like the bloody outfits, then go for it.

Just so you know the extra rarity as stated by the devs, is basically irrelevant.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

If you play a lot, you may as well. If you don't play that much, you probably shouldn't.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

If DbD is your main game and you play 10+ hours a week minimum sure its worth it.

If you casually play DbD just pass on prestige because the time loss would be pretty rough.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Prestige is good when you're out of addons and bloodpoint offerings. Make sure you keep a Killer you like to play, though. That way you can grind for bps and not be forced to play perkless.

• Souless_F0X
    Souless_F0X Member Posts: 17

It is very tempting. I do play a lot, but I'm such a hoarder and I have so many items at this point. I mean I guess it's kinda cool to finally have a reason to use the items though XD

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

I did it for the achievement and that's it, I got Clown to P3 Level 50 because, in my opinion, the Clown P3 is the best looking killer Prestige.

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176

I made a mistake by prestiging Nancy. It's ridiculous how her pants look the same in normal and bloody version. What a waste.

It's only for cosmetics tho since the difference in items/add ons/offerings in bloodweb is not that great to sacrifice a million or more

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

The higher chance at items doesnt warrant prestiging.

Prestige is basically there if you want to do it and have everything else you want out of the game.

If you do the challenges I would for now put some points into other killers and survivors first and get perks on them. Especially the original ones and then ones you can buy with shards as future challenges will use them much like this one has the Trapper and Claudette.

Always remember before prestiging to save up 1 million bloodpoints 😉.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

I Prestige the killers for the outfits. Some of them look super cool.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I think it is worth it

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

I don't think it is. Why would you want to lose all those days and hours of grinding just to get a simple bloody skin? Unless of course it means that much to you.

• Souless_F0X
    Souless_F0X Member Posts: 17

I mean if you play enough it would be more for the achievement, or to show off that you prestiged. Like I've decided that I will prestige even though I've already got better cosmetics.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

I've got nothing else to do with the bloodpoints.

Like others have said, if you play a lot there's no reason not to. There's also no particular reason to do it.

• December_1863
    December_1863 Member Posts: 206

depends if you wish to put a lot of dedication into this game.

• Eggscellent
    Eggscellent Member Posts: 21

It really depends on you, for me yes I love Prestiging my characters especially on license killers

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited November 2019

I prestige all Killers because it feels for me like "a complete" feeling when I got the last killer prestiged, but i think in your situation you are to late. You should instantly prestige when you reached level 50, I assume you already spended alot of BP into level 50 to get all perks you want/need. So it is kinda a waste to prestige, but if you still like the prestige skins then sure go for it. For some reason ppl are scared of prestiging because they think it takes sooo long but it is not true, you only need 3 milliion BP for 50 levels.

It is just a rumor that you get "more and better" items or addons in the bloodweb if you prestige. It is not true at all, since I had once 90 red moris in my level 50 leatherface for an example.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

In my opinion, prestiging a character is the most inefficient and wasteful decision you can make, in terms of your time investment and your spending. All you get is some cosmetic items and a little number next to your name, at the cost of fully hitting the rest button for that character.

It costs about 1.6 million Bloodpoints to take a character from level 1 to 50, and that is currency you could be using to level other characters and unlock perks. If you've maxed out absolutely everything you care to, and you have no other use for your Bloodpoints, sure, go for it I guess. But unless and until that is the case, I don't think prestiging is a good idea.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Definitely worth to prestige killers as the bloody costumes are way more scary, causing survivors to panic and make mistakes.

For example here are some Leatherface stats:

Non prestige: Averages 1.4 kills per game.

Prestige 3: Averages 2.7 kills per game.

• Nuiveoxr
    Nuiveoxr Member Posts: 33

I think:

if you are committed to play the game a lot, then prestige is worth it

if you play other games more, then just stay at 50 for the most part

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I thought it was, but when he threw in stats I have to wonder....

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

You'll get better addons in most bloodwebs and a skin part, make your choice depending on if your gonna use the bloody skins or not, that's what I do

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

NO!

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited November 2019

Nope.

Some of the skins just look silly. Michael Myers knife looks absolutely ridiculous for example.

It's a lot of grind for very little reward. There are some skins that look better bloody (Spirit, Leatherface etc) but it takes far too long to prestige everyone.

I honestly wouldn't bother.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I never thought so, but now I find myself doing it just because I already have everyone at level 50.... I would probably be better off getting and maxing all perks but it is kind of hard to care about getting level 3 monstrous shrine!

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

well, prestiging itself does allow you to find better stuff in the bloodweb, thats true, however its usually not really making a big difference.

if you have characters with all perks, i would not prestige them. weather you want to prestige a character or not is something you would want to think about the second you reach lvl 50 with that character, otherwise you will lose progress like you would now.

in the end, prestiging is usually just so you can say "i got everything". its a personal achievement, though nothing necessary.

i do it though (working on my 11th maxed out killer)

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

The only time you'll start getting better/more web items is when you've gotten every perk on a particular character, prestiging doesn't do this.

I like to get a killer to 50, use up all the good stuff he got (good add ons, pudding, streamers, etc) and prestige until p3. Then level to 50 and keep going until they've got the 4 perks I want to use, then move. You can use the p3 level 50 killers that you've got your perks on to get bps for the next killers, rinse and repeat. Keeps you changing/learning new killers too

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

Definitely not worth it. You’re pretty much getting the same items and add-ons but at least your outfit will look cool

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I did it for Nea and Doc as I like their prestige look

I haven't bothered since - it's a lot of work, especially with the sheer number of perks we have now.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Not really, tbh. Unless you feel like the character is worth the investment (or you want a few achievements), its just a waste of time.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

If you want the bloody skins yes. Otherwise don't waste the points.