We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Bonus BP for not running perks.

Options
Gibberish
Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050

A simple 25% Bonus BP for each perk you dont run.

Eg: If you only run 2 perks, you get a 50% bonus. If you dont run any perks, you get a 100% bonus.

This would have two benefits:

-Help new players who dont have all the perk slots unlocked farm a bit faster

-Give good players a reward for handicapping themselves.

Bonus BP for not running perks. 52 votes

Yes
86%
myers_obsessionWhite_OwlLuigifan64GibberishStevoFibijeanIhatelifeNos37Gamer00MiriamGSpacingLlamasJaguar3500Sblitcherse05239TheLegendDyl4n1ElkChmurkazKnucklesTheRockstarKnightHoodied 45 votes
No
13%
drimmalorRainbowPatooieSteenGooierBenZ0SebaOutbreakBearWolf_51Dead_Ender 7 votes

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options
    Yes

Why not? Wouldn't hurt anyone.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Yes

No harm in this so I'm fine with it 👍

• Allhel1
    Allhel1 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Yes

All I does it make it more challenging so why not

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options
    Yes

Nothing against it

Neat little idea

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yes

Not a bad idea. It doesn't show here but I gave a yes vote.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Speaking of handicapping yourself and BP, No Mither should give 100% bonus in Survival category (or like 50% in all categories)

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Yes

Good idea.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
    Yes

Sure, why not.

• Nikotiini
    Nikotiini Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Yes

It's a good idea, but if they do this, I hope that No Mither will give you a BP bonus too

• Sblitcher
    Sblitcher Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yes

This is a really good idea but I think some perks like No Mither and WGLF should not change the amount of BP you gain if you choose to run them (basically it's like you're perkless even if you use them).

...and because I edited my comment my vote is invisible now (I voted yes ofc).

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Options
    No

From a game design perspective, incentivizing players to not use the things they've worked to get just feels bad. Perks help the game not become stale, as you can switch them up and try different builds. If you got more points for not running them, then what are you ultimately gaining points for?

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Yes

But We’re Going to Live Forever exists, a perk that famously does jack ######### in regards to helping you. All it does is waste a perk slot for a potentially better perk, and that just circles back to your argument; why use it if it wastes a slot for something else you earned? The reason? POINTS. There’s nothing wrong with giving the player more options to gain points and incentivizing them NOT to rely on perks is going to ultimately help them in the long run. I’m not really sure what kind of argument you’re trying to go for, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense; again, seeing as the perk WGLF exists and it doesn’t to a single thing, unlike BBQ&C.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options
    Yes

Make the game extra challenging for more BP?

Sure why not! That sounds like a great idea!

• BearWolf_51
    BearWolf_51 Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No

I disagree. WGLF is a perk and you use it to get more BP and that's it. It doesn't do anything else but that. The difference is that WGLF takes one slot for the possibility (honestly is not that hard to get the 4 stacks) of 100% Bonus BP but you still able to use other 3 perks. There's a big difference between using 3 perks with 100% bonus and none with 100% bonus. I agree with drimmalor as from a game design perspective, it doesn't make sense to get BP so you can get perks, but then not use those perks so that you can get more BP to get more perks you won't be using. Either way, since WGLF exists, this bonus doesn't sense. Maybe they could create a very rare offering that gives you 50% bonus BP for each perk slot not used (secret offering so you don't get a killer using the I'm Gonna Tunnel You Forever perk). Now that would be great.