The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DBD As Survivor Unplayable Now!

2»

Comments

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@Jeeperrs said:
    I stopped playing DBD after update, its now unplayable as survivor now. Tunneling killers, camping killers, God Mode for killers, they made it not fun for survivors and probably now killers now the main focus of game. DC this game everyone.

nah just you uninstall. dont play problem solved. telling people to dc.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    i solo survivor with no items or addons and it seems fine to me.

git gud
  • BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

@R4ZIONAL3 said:
    I used to be a Survivor main, but 2 patch ago it is extremely hard (even with more than 2k hours like me). I will play killer now, despite the fact queue will be infinite, nobody playing survivor right now. Great Job

2K hours? Mate I barely have 1k and I am rank 4 currently and it's still easy as #########

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

@jiminie said:
    'camping/tuneneling is a valid strategy' kappa

The devs' opinion of the game outweighs your trolling.

I'm not trolling, not even trying to, ya good and mighty killers can enjoy your small little game, lobbies time already gone up because devs tryin' to babysit so called 'killers' who got terrified for so long with all the unfair advantages survivors had, so sad, i guess you went through a really hard time getting blinded and outrunned to hell and back, not stretching this even longer, have fun in your soon empty lobbies

This is so dumb that it's hard to believe that he isn't trolling

• rObLoCo
    rObLoCo Member Posts: 23

I've only been playing this game since Jan 2018.
    The game seems to be set up 1killer vs 4survivors. Hence the killer being fast, having a very large hit reach, and having god like perks. Totally understand... The fact is this is not a 4 survivor vs the killer. The game should have built in communication if it was a real 4v1. Since there are no comms, I think the killer should be set up more to kill 2v1 which make him a bit weaker, at least don't take all the good stuff the survivor use and nerf it...just doesn't make the game interesting...or fun. I know the killers are constantly crying because they don't kill all 4 survivors every map, but survivors don't escape every map either so why all the nerf'ing???

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Jeeperrs said:
    I stopped playing DBD after update, its now unplayable as survivor now. Tunneling killers, camping killers, God Mode for killers, they made it not fun for survivors and probably now killers now the main focus of game. DC this game everyone.

God help. The killer is trying to kill us, how is that fair.

If you cant play as surivor anymore, try killer instead :wink:

• JackieEstacadoWhen
    JackieEstacadoWhen Member Posts: 78

@Jeeperrs said:

Did you get carried by sprint bursts and easy pallet loops and learnt nothing about stealth and tactics? Then yea, your not gonna have much luck without adapting to the changes.

Meta changes and new/changed game mechanics are common in online multiplayer games, balance is fluid and one side is not gonna be OP forever.

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
     :'( 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Carter: @Jeeperrs What's the problem now?

@Jeeperrs: Sorry, DbD update 2.1.0 is too hard for me as a survivor and I quit playing the game!

Carter: Ahh, now I see what's going on! Let me tell you something that I learned in the fog, it's called natural selection @Jeeperrs!

@Jeeperrs: What's natural selection Dr. Carter?

Carter: Well I'll show you right here...

@Jeeperrs: Git Gud?

Carter: That's right, natural selection basically means you'll need to adapt and git gud @Jeeperrs!

@Jeeperrs: But I don't know how to git gud...

Carter: I'm sorry but there's no cure for that @Jeeperrs, now your dismissed! I need to teach more survivors about natural selection and hopefully they'll adapt!
  • NMCKE
    Kuroyu said:

Don't be pricks. If he feels that way right now then its alright. Let me tell you as a survivor main: I think its even more fun and more balanced as it was before. Survivors still can win a game and punish campers for example. Just don't save someone if the killer is camping. All you have to do is being more cautious and not just trying to "play" with a killer because thats not how the game works. Well at least not how it should work.

That's the point but the thing is regardless of how many times you have to say it... they don't listen! Overall, people need to understand the fact that everything is still possible, it's just harder and that's how it should be IMO! If survivor is too hard then just play killer since everyone now thinks killer is now easy which it's still challenging!
  • Kuroyu
    Kuroyu Member Posts: 54

@Nickenzie said:
    Kuroyu said:

Don't be pricks. If he feels that way right now then its alright. Let me tell you as a survivor main: I think its even more fun and more balanced as it was before. Survivors still can win a game and punish campers for example. Just don't save someone if the killer is camping. All you have to do is being more cautious and not just trying to "play" with a killer because thats not how the game works. Well at least not how it should work.

That's the point but the thing is regardless of how many times you have to say it... they don't listen! Overall, people need to understand the fact that everything is still possible, it's just harder and that's how it should be IMO! If survivor is too hard then just play killer since everyone now thinks killer is now easy which it's still challenging!

Yeh killer is challanging of course and so should be survivor! I totally disliked the new pallets and get used to them now they work totally fine with me. So are my other survivor friends thinking. Its not impossible. If it would be impossible no one would play lol.
    One thing that annoys me is that many killers still want to remove swf lel

• Mags
    Mags Member Posts: 4
    This is the exact reason with what’s wrong with this community. I just don’t have any words. This is what brings me away from DBD every single day. 

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Have you tried not being garbage? 8-)

• Lowbei

Have you tried not being garbage? 8-)

you might be onto something there!
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Oh won't someone please think of the survivors.
  • Lowbei
    #survivorlivesmatter #handsupdonthook
  • Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368

@Lowbei said:
    Aari_Piggy66 said:

Are survivor's gonna go on strike now lol?

• Lowbei
    Sally55 said:

@Lowbei said:
    Aari_Piggy66 said:

And probably start blocking traffic in front of the exit gates.
  • Sehkmet
    Sehkmet Member Posts: 127
    edited August 2018

we should start playing killer 24/7 and tunnel everyone till the game dies or they fix that ######### cheesy strategy :] :chuffed:

• Sally55

@Sehkmet said:
    we should start playing killer 24/7 and tunnel everyone till the game dies or they fix that ######### cheesy strategy :] :chuffed:

So you are basically going on strike correct ?

• Volfawott
    Sehkmet said:

So you all are going to start playing Killers. I can't wait to hear the post about how you guys are whining about how you can't find killer matches ?
  • MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234
    Runiver said:i 

Ok.

Literally was in tears laughing at this lol. 
  • Sally55

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Sehkmet said:

So you all are going to start playing Killers. I can't wait to hear the post about how you guys are whining about how you can't find killer matches ?

Or when they start complaining about DS .

• Volfawott
    Sally55 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Sehkmet said:

Or when they start complaining about DS .

Exactly but don't forget about gen rushing and toxic survivors
  • Sehkmet
    Sehkmet Member Posts: 127
    edited August 2018

@Aari_Piggy66 @Sally55

I was used to play killer-survivor 50%-50% until the last patch. I already know how it feels to play killer, if i do that "tunneling strat" im going to 2k 3k and 4k much more than playing ' with honor '

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@MuteNewt said:

Ok.

It has the same effect on me for more than 1 year now, everytime I use it.
    Not sure why, but it always gets me!

• Bhazgrim
    Bhazgrim Member Posts: 40

I survived all of my games tonight except for one, and it's only because the killer was hacking as Hillbilly with no terror radius/heartbeat (I'm aware of the revised perks, he admitted to hacking post game chat).

Every game I've played since the latest patch, almost all 4 survivors escaped each time. The game is NOT harder for survivors at all, in fact it has barely changed. The killer still gets looped to hell and back and it's still frustrating to play. So enough of these "It's too hard for survivors now" threads.

Survivor is EASY.

• Volfawott
    Sehkmet said:

@Aari_Piggy66 @Sally55

I was used to play killer-survivor 50%-50% until the last patch. I already know how it feels to play killer, if i do that "tunneling strat" im going to 2k 3k and 4k much more than playing ' with honor '

You play how, you want to play as a Killer. As long as you're not doing something that is actually bannable, no one has a right to tell you otherwise.

If you're going to play by some stupid set of honor rules, a random twat on the internet keeps forcing down your throat, don't complain about it and expected sympathy. Same goes for survivors play how you want to play.

Damn.
  • NMCKE
    Sally55 said:

Probably, as if survivors are now underpowered and they are now the ones getting bullied...
  • MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234
    Runiver said:

@MuteNewt said:

Ok.

It has the same effect on me for more than 1 year now, everytime I use it.
    Not sure why, but it always gets me!

One of the best gifs I ever seen 😊 thanks so much for the laughs 😊
  • Watermelon
    Watermelon Member Posts: 20

@PinkEricka said:
    Jeeperrs said:

It’s really not. I really like the changes but the only change that I dislike is the killer pick up speed, the animation is way too fast and it’s almost impossible to even try to get a flashlight save..

Just play a few matches and try to adapt to the changes.

I agree with the pickup animation speed being too fast but for a different reason. It looks unnatural and stupid. Flashlight saving is not impossible you have to start flashing right after the killer picks up not after the animation is done

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

@Watermelon said:

@PinkEricka said:
    Jeeperrs said:

It’s really not. I really like the changes but the only change that I dislike is the killer pick up speed, the animation is way too fast and it’s almost impossible to even try to get a flashlight save..

I agree with the pickup animation speed being too fast but for a different reason. It looks unnatural and stupid. Flashlight saving is not impossible you have to start flashing right after the killer picks up not after the animation is done

Mayby it is a little true about this but when i see ppl with flashlight mostly i take light born.And if i don't get it still i first thing after put somone on ground i check area before i pick somone in case if somone try blind me.Just some practice and you don't fear blind from flashlight at all.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    I'm really sad reading the comments here. Some of the ppl here seem to be not only being rude to others but having fun showing their worst.
    It's online but it's still ppl.
    It does matter how you behave. It does matter what you say to each other and how you're treating others...

What some if you say makes me feel ashamed of being human like you. Maybe you need some mental treatment to learn empathy? I just don't know
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

How did you find this thread. I really am curious.

• inkedsoulz
    inkedsoulz Member Posts: 93

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

@jiminie said:
    'camping/tuneneling is a valid strategy' kappa

The devs' opinion of the game outweighs your trolling.

I'm not trolling, not even trying to, ya good and mighty killers can enjoy your small little game, lobbies time already gone up because devs tryin' to babysit so called 'killers' who got terrified for so long with all the unfair advantages survivors had, so sad, i guess you went through a really hard time getting blinded and outrunned to hell and back, not stretching this even longer, have fun in your soon empty lobbies

I play both killer and survivor, and as a survivor you can still loop the killer around for quite a long time.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Jeeperrs said:

I think that's to counter teams that delight in making killers rq by constantly using flash saves for one guy till they quit now its harder to flash save not impossible I know I'm a killer main and every 2-5 pickups I get blinded by a light
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Its called skill, get some, learn some, better yet earn some. Its not unplayable, its a game without AI so the same tricks won't keep you safe. If you can't win your way try something different.
  • tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Sehkmet said:

@Aari_Piggy66 @Sally55

You play how, you want to play as a Killer. As long as you're not doing something that is actually bannable, no one has a right to tell you otherwise.

If you're going to play by some stupid set of honor rules, a random twat on the internet keeps forcing down your throat, don't complain about it and expected sympathy. Same goes for survivors play how you want to play.

Damn.
    There is nothing wrong with honor only if you don't possess any. XD
    I mean in game the honor is just fair play and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Really there is s lot wrong if you don't want to stick to fair play XD
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@tennmio said:
    Aari_Piggy66 said:

Sehkmet said:

@Aari_Piggy66 @Sally55

Damn.

There is nothing wrong with honor only if you don't possess any. XD

I mean in game the honor is just fair play and there is nothing wrong with that.

Really there is s lot wrong if you don't want to stick to fair play XD

The ######### is with the necro posting. This thread is 6 months old.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    For me it’s not the game, rather the player base. I’ve had DC’s, lag switching killers (on Console, mind you) and wait times that make me regret buying the new cosmetics. Perhaps I need to try intentionally depipping since I’m Rank 6. Though with the luck I’ve had... It won’t be so hard.
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    @Peanits Sorry to bother you but can you close/lock this thread?
    It’s six months old and been necro’d multiple times, it’s just gonna take up space on the front pages as a dead discussion.
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Judgement said:
    It’s six months old and been necro’d multiple times, it’s just gonna take up space on the front pages as a dead discussion.
    If it’s been revived then perhaps it’s a sign of times where players are wishing to voice their complaints. It’s more proficient than making a whole new thread. 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    Judgement said:
    If it’s been revived then perhaps it’s a sign of times where players are wishing to voice their complaints. It’s more proficient than making a whole new thread. 
    It's really not because the stuff the OP is talking about and what's being discussed now are totally different things, and most people who are just discovering this thread now are not going to notice that. That almost always leads to confusion because it's no longer relevant.
This discussion has been closed.