We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

What Maps do you want to see reworked first? And why?

Options
DeKillerKiller
DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

Lets face it, we've all had those moments where the map either works for or against us on either side. It can get frustrating and that's mainly because some of these maps were remnants of an older Dead by Daylight, not affected by the current meta and strategies.

The only way to make it more fair for both sides is to see the maps being reworked, and to the devs' credit, they are being reworked. Just slightly slower than I'd hope them to be. In that cast, I'd like to ask the community what map (or in some cases, whole realms) they think should be reworked first above all others and why specifically.

What Maps do you want to see reworked first? And why? 71 votes

MacMillan Estate
5%
Fog_King[Deleted User]SoloQue101Kanido 4 votes
Autohaven Wreckers
1%
arslaN 1 vote
Coldwind Farm
15%
shardsCaptain_SpauldingHoodiedlunaticlifter[Deleted User]HailohMysticAdvisorKnifeaToMeetYaXDFreakPrincezmassaniThecoolestguy 11 votes
Crotus Prenn Asylum
4%
BossNullSp3cDarootLeafstorm 3 votes
Haddonfield
53%
MandyWeederickRizzoGibberishPhantomMask20763PandomZagridBlueberryDaddyTrappersGirlNoxeriasSpacingLlamasTapeKnotJacoby2041se05239TheLegendDyl4n1Micheal_MyersChmurkazTragicSolitudeIdk_a_nameJawsIsTheNextKiller 38 votes
Backwater Swamp
7%
PigsterthenegativoneNoOneEscapesNancyDeKillerKillermack5757 5 votes
Léry's Memorial Institute
1%
Aiadon 1 vote
Red Forest
2%
NeonAlienPassarinoT 2 votes
Gideon Meat Plant
4%
Spartagone45Phoxypperin 3 votes
Other (Explain why in the comments)
4%
sensualsatanDr_Loomispichumudkip 3 votes

Comments

• NoOneEscapesNancy
    NoOneEscapesNancy Member Posts: 204
    Options
    Backwater Swamp

I mean I don’t really have a problem with any of the maps, but I dislike the swamps since they feel small and a lot of the time it’s hard for both sides

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options
    Backwater Swamp

Funnily enough, I just had a game where three pallets spawned right next to each other in Backwater Swamp. That's probably just RNG but the map also has some pretty long loops that can take forever. Nearly infinite levels of length in my opinion.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Yamaoka Estate.

Reason? Everything is all over the place. Bab-ruddy-boo all over the show. Gets right up my nose.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    Haddonfield

I run bl so it is a nightmare for the killers I face.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options
    Coldwind Farm

If it has field, it needs to be reworked

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    Crotus Prenn Asylum

I vote this purely for the awful Totem spawn on Disturbed Ward.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349
    Options
    Haddonfield

I struggle with seeing through the corn but for some reason, I really like the corn maps.

• sensualsatan
    sensualsatan Member Posts: 92
    Options

I would like to see Haddonfield reworked solely due to the balanced landing infinite that can be used. I like the Coldwind Farm maps, but the corn is really annoying for Myers and Ghostface as you can't stalk very well.

• Hailoh
    Hailoh Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Coldwind Farm

People seem to forget that Coldwind has some of the highest survivor escape rates out of any map. More than Haddonfield, more than Autohaven, etc..

This realm is MASSIVE. For killers without a good mobility option, these maps are crippling in travel time alone. And considering how important time management is as killer, having to put a lot of your time into moving around the map is huge. Torment Creek, Rancid Abattoir and Fractured Cowshed have super safe windows that are really hard to counter, and Thompson House has a gen that lets survivors know you're coming from 10 minutes away. All of these maps have a lot of options for survivors, but not so many options for killers.

Oh, and one more thing.

CORN

• Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Haddonfield

Haddonfield is a nightmare for a killer, and extremely favorable for survivors and if they have Balanced Landing, gg.

The map is not only large, but there's so many houses survivors can hide indefinitely or to a window vault (which is usually on the second floor) and repeat the loop consistently that by the time you down that survivor, 2/3 gens have been popped.

If you're playing a killer with a 110 speed, or a M1 killer, I pray the entity takes you to it's dead void so you may rest in peace away from this awful map.

I could go on but I've made my arguement and hope the devs demolish this map and rebuild to be more fair for both sides.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options
    Coldwind Farm

Corn. Just...stupid freaking corn. Remove it.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Haddonfield

Rotten Fields can just go die in a hole already please. But honestly I probably hate Haddonfield even more. Even as a survivor I really just don't like that map at all

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Haddonfield

I've kinda gotten used to corn; it doesn't bother me the way it used to. Yamaoka Estate is at least nice to look at; I like stealthing on it as a survivor and I like the challenge of finding survivors on it as killer.

I hate Haddonfield, though. I just hate it.

The swamp is a close second.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options
    Haddonfield

Haddonfield needs a revamp. Its one of the most problematic maps in the game.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Haddonfield

We need the same solution like badham for this poor map :)

• Thecoolestguy
    Thecoolestguy Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Coldwind Farm

If they removed a lot of the corn vision it'll be a bit more tolerable. Maybe fix the Thompson House to be easier on survivor.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    Options
    Red Forest

Despite the obvious problems with the usual suspects like haddonfield and the cornfields, I'd mostly love to see the Red forest being reworked to something more unique and interesting. There's not enough going on, it's really bland and there are way too many deadzones / too many Open spaced with absolutely zero interactions with the environment.

• Pandom
    Pandom Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Haddonfield

While Haddonfield is the obvious choice, The Game is very close.

I heavily dislike the general way The Game is played. The large majority of pallets on that map are very safe, but the lack of windows means survivors are basically guaranteed to go down very quickly after those pallets are gone.

Basically the way the map works is killers have no chance to mindgame anything at all until all the pallets are gone, then survivors have no chance after that, which makes for a very boring match imo.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155
    Options

I'm not expecting anyone to mention this or agree with me, but the Preschool map. First of all, we don't need 3-4 variation of essentially the same thing but slight different placements. 2nd of all: 8 times out of 10, hatch is always in preschool basement (which I'm not complaining as a survivor main but I'd like it to be harder and a little fairer for the killer). Those 2 are really just the main reasons why the map should be reworked. Sorry if it doesn't make sense or not enough reasons compared to Haddonfield and Coldwin Farm.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options
    MacMillan Estate

Shelter Woods really needs a rework. That map can be awful to play on, so I hope they do something about it.

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830
    Options
    Haddonfield

Haddonfield is super survivor sided

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 977
    Options
    Haddonfield

Haddonfield. It's a map where the Killer, not the survivor, is afraid. The Killer wants nothing more than to flee screaming from this hell-hole of a map.

Take out the balconies, spawn a few more hooks, and remove some of the debris from the middle of the map.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options
    Haddonfield

Haddonfield so killers stop sending me back to forever queues.