We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

What does waving your arms on the hook mean?

Options
JawsIsTheNextKiller
JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349

What does waving your arms on the hook mean? 85 votes

Rescue me
20%
FibijeanAzurlynxdoitagain_MedicSpirit7KrazyKat1011123RicardiBacardiMysticAdvisorCarlosylupleasedontbetoxic117909SebaOutbreakNoOneEscapesNancySherrytetsuoPigMainClaudetteAllhel1I_Face_Camp 17 votes
Don't rescue me
57%
WeederickInfinity_BoredPuggyMohawkWhite_OwlLuigifan64GibberishPhantomMask20763CamoRangerPandomDaddyTrappersGirlVESSEL0h_DoctorStormhaven13MiriamGarslaNJoyfulLeaderfeechimaAlmoKnucklesTragicSolitude 49 votes
Both rescue me and don't rescue me
12%
Jacoby2041ChmurkazAxX7891GrootDudeKillermainBTWm8[Deleted User][Deleted User]Dr_Loomisanonymous31337GamingHulk123LordRegal 11 votes
Neither rescue me nor don't rescue me
9%
Nos37TheLegendDyl4n1DreskiSunderMunypperinthenegativoneDrybonesthefallenloser 8 votes

Comments

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options
    Don't rescue me

I do it for fun unless I go on my phone while I'm at it.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Don't rescue me

Either that or it's someone who's just bored on the hook.

EDIT: I'd like to clarify I think it means "Killer is Camping/near hook" not necessarily "leave me to die". Unless I know the Killer isn't at the hook I won't go for a wiggling Survivor without BT.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
  • doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Rescue me

From my experience most of the time it means "come rescue me" which is why you don't do it in front of the killer or they'll think you're signaling for someone to come grab you. So they'll camp.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

killers camping

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Don't rescue me

Its been a sign of "Killer is camping" ever since beta.

• Drybones
    Drybones Member Posts: 10
    Options

It means i'm bored and spamming the only action I have available.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Both rescue me and don't rescue me

If I quickly spam it means the killer is close or is camping

If I go for 1 second and then stop several times it means the coast is clear and somebody needs to come rescue me

If I spam when someone gets close it means there are traps or the killer is coming back

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options
    Rescue me

Funny thing is, it used to mean "killer is camping, don't bother" but the way people use it nowadays the meaning seems to have shifted completely. Now the only context I ever see it in is "please hurry and come rescue me before I hit second stage".

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Rescue me

This, basically. Another reason on why Kindred is a great perk for solo payers.

While in most of my games wiggling arms at the hook usually meant "Rescue me", I have seen my fair shares of "Don't rescue me because x", it's just that it's hard to know sometimes. I wish the community would just agree on one, I really don't mind if it's one or the other.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Don't rescue me

All y’all idiots who think it means “rescue me” need to go back to the OG days. It means “killers camping” end of story.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Rescue me

I always see it as they want you to come rescue them. They seem to do it more when no one is going for the save. They seem to stop, when you start heading their way.

I'm not OG btw. I started playing in June of this year, so maybe the meaning is changing.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Don't rescue me

Killer is near.

Don't come to safe me, do gens instead (u silly thing).

It's been this way since 2k16

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Don't rescue me

It means get me a burrito ASAP!

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Don't rescue me

Do the freakin' gens.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    Don't rescue me

For me it just means the killer is near me/I can see them.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options
    Don't rescue me

Waving your arms likes 2 times a second means killer is patrolling hook, or camping, or facecamping you. Basically: Don't bother rescuing.

Waving like once every 10 seconds means everything is clear, and no one is going for me. Basically: I need someone for rescue now.