We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Should cleansing bones have skill checks?

Options
Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576

When we are cleaning bones (totems) should they now do it so it's a skill check totem?

Should cleansing bones have skill checks? 49 votes

Yes
40%
GibberishTeambossFlozeCrtKazzAcesthetiicElkAzurlynxGrootDudeKathecruHudsonohheyitsbobcatDr_LoomisAhoyWolfpleasedontbetoxic117[Deleted User]disconnectbybugliteeXoDuSsRin_is_my_waifugaydavidkingDeKillerKillerPSP 20 votes
No
44%
MandyWhite_OwlFibijeanTapeKnotarslaNSblitcherFog_King[Deleted User]YaiPaMedicSpirit7LastShoeAwakeyPhoxfly_172anonymous31337pichumudkipEnderloganYTMasusderSebaOutbreak[Deleted User] 22 votes
Keep it the same
14%
Jacoby2041Micheal_MyersDreskiBoosted_DwightRadan42NoOneEscapesNancyBassador 7 votes

Comments

• disconnectbybuglite
    Options
    Yes

They should, so the killer has a fair chance of catching survivors who mess up

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No

I don't see a reason for it. If the thought was to make them more defendable, it would be pointless against survivors beyond rank 15.

Also it wouldn't make a lot of sense.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options
    Keep it the same

No/Keep it the same are the exact same category. So...

My reason for that is because if they have thrill of the hunt they will automatically be there in like 2 seconds lol.

And if they are just good at checking those totems then they will immediately be back there in a second.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712
    Options

Only on hex totems

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Yes

Maybe not the same skill checks as on generators, but like snapping out of madness or demogorgan portals skill checks

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Yes

Yes but I think it should be a perk that does it. It wouldn't be super strong but it would combo well with huntress lullaby and maybe some other builds; might even catch people off guard.

Not sure on what the skillcheck rate should be but I think something similar to doctor or pig skill check speed could work.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options
    No

No, great skill checks would decrease the cleansing time. And if you make great skill check-less skill checks, it wouldn't matter, nobody at high ranks messes up skill checks.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Keep it the same

Nah I don't see a reason for it.

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Yes

I would like to have a counter against instant totem cleansing.

Maybe active totems should have difficult skill checks. So I can decide if I wanna fo protect the totem. But I would not apply these skill checks to dull totems, thou.

It also might help, if you were not allowed to touch a totem again for 90 seconds, after you tried cleansing it. So if the killer chases you off, he can be sure you can't just go back cleasing, when you start chasing someone else.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Yes

on hex totems definitely

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155
    Options
    No

Honestly I'm kinda in the middle. Maybe if the killer isn't running Thrill of the Hunt then yeah skill checks on Hex totems. At the same time, it would be really annoying since both sides are constantly complaining about one thing or another (especially us survivor mains so our apologies killer mains)