We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Serious question: is Civilization really that good?

Options
Orion
Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I've never played it, but I usually hear good things about it. Can anyone give me pros and cons?

Comments

• Bunman
    Bunman Member Posts: 4
    Options

I played Civ V for a little bit and found it massively boring. Never really got in to those types of games, but got it for free so thought I'd give it a try. Im more of an instant gratification kinda guy.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,943
    Options

Depends on which one you're playing. As a disclaimer, a lot of fans would probably call me biased. Civ V and Civ VI are both very popular, but quite a few veterans think the core elements were changed too much in both iterations, making the series something it never should have been.

For me, Civilization IV is still the best Civilization. And yes, it is really that good. I've played an uncountable number of hours with it. 6000+ hours would be a wimpy and probably way too low estimate. It's probably north of 10000, but who knows. I played before Steam and over many computers for a decade now, any number is a rough guess.

I absolutely recommend picking up IV if you're ever looking for a strategy. The Complete edition is really cheap nowadays and the gameplay is very easy to get into on the easier difficulties.

• BorisSpider
    BorisSpider Member Posts: 5
    Options

All for the memes :D