We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Should the Dev's work on Cross-Progression, even if that means having a small chapter?

Options
TheLegendDyl4n1
TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

small chapter = one killer no map, or one survivor no map, or only a killer and survivor with no map. (like Leather-face, Ghost face, and William "Bill" Overbeck)

I Would like to start playing on PC for the PTB's or get a Switch and buy the game so i could play on it anywhere i want to with my Hot Spot, but i cant because i would have to start from scratch and after having a P3 Nea with Hundreds of Items, Add-on's, Offering's, and all perks at level 3 up to the new Stranger Things DLC. A lot of people feel the same like the major You-tuber, and Fog Whisperer, "Paulie Esther"

If they added this i would buy a switch and DBD on it so i can bring it with me to my college for between classes, or to the doctors/therapy/dentist to play in the waiting room if i know it will take a while (considering i get their an hour early for convince to my dad who works when my appointments usually are). I would also buy it on my PC so i can test on stuff on the PTB.

If you dont want a possible way to add this skip to the poll

One Idea for this is they could make it to where on any version of the game client ,you create an Account in the game, like when started after the update or first time going into the game client (for people who cant do this they can decline and create one at anytime in options, but cant log into another account without making one for the current game client they are on, or deleting all progress on the current game client they are in), put in a email and password, and confirm it on your email, then you could link your progression to that account and log on to that account on any version of the game you have like on PC, Xbox, Switch, And PS4 (maybe even the Soujaboy console when they add it lol). Then if you wanted to log into another account you could do so in options. if you wanted to remove that account from a game client, all you would have to do is unlink in options and confirm you want the current game client you are logged into, returned to the state of when first logged into.

The only problem i see happening is having certain DLC's unlocked on Xbox, and not on PC, would mean that you would have to maybe buy it on that other console, but if the Dev's didn't mind then they could make it to where if you log into an account that has had the DLC's bought on another game Client, then you would have them unlocked on any Game Client you log into, and then you could make it to where you can only be logged into one game Client per system (like only one Xbox, one PS4, one Switch, and one PC)

IDK maybe someone else or the devs can come up with a better way, i would just like Cross-Progression to be added and i know atleast 80% of the player-base would like it as well

Should the Dev's work on Cross-Progression, even if that means having a small chapter? 41 votes

Yes, and i wouldn't mind a small chapter for a fast release of this.
60%
DustinStevoSlaughterhouse3Spartagone450h_DoctorSpacingLlamasTapeKnotRieTragicSolitudeJawsIsTheNextKillerGrimDelsKibaranunadventuresAtrushan88Spooky13Pibs420[Deleted User]ZackAndCodyandyollollollthefallenloser 25 votes
No, its not something they should do.
7%
DaddyTrappersGirlAhoyWolfgaydavidking 3 votes
Yes, but they need to keep releasing full chapters and take as long as it takes to release it..
31%
twistedmonkeyBossJacoby2041TheLegendDyl4n1ElkAxX7891Timtom24NuclearBurritoBoosted_DwightWSNLGreentheNinjaNoOneEscapesNancyDusterDelo 13 votes

Comments

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830
    Options

Yes, but let's not pretend they're chapters: They are paragraphs.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options
    Yes, but they need to keep releasing full chapters and take as long as it takes to release it..

i only voted this because i know chapters are what bring people to this game, so unless they only released like a survivor like Clementine from TWD, or some other standalone killer that has no survivor that could go with it, than take your time to release it and take like 2 chapters.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

Let's be honest, chapters won't bring that many new players to the game who actually stay. There are far too many issues that run people away.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

preach it brotha!

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    Options

I would probably return to the PC version of the game when I have the chance to, though the thought of being so far behind really puts me off going back to it. I haven’t played PC since January of 2018, meaning I’ve missed everything from the SAW Chapter onwards there. I’ve got a lot more characters with a lot more perks on PS4 and I absolutely don’t want to buy the DLCs I have missed on PC. Not a chance am I sinking more money into content I already own elsewhere. I’ve done it once before and I refuse to do it a second time. Cross-Platform Progression would be amazing, though I sincerely doubt it will ever be implemented.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

ReEEE?

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

I honestly think it's a goal they're working toward. I remember taking a survey and it asked about cross platform. I also think the addition of Bill to PS4 was probably not easy and I suspect that they did that in order to make cross platform a reality in the future at some point.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

There are like four chapters a year, so i would like 2-3 chapters and rest is whatever they need to do, such as game maintenance and other things.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

The work and money they make from chapters would help pay for the option of cross platform progression.

They could lose more money in the long run implementing this from those who play on other platforms as it becomes a one time purchase so I think its logical to keep the chapters as they are.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

The grind in this game is unreal. Been playing since the beginning of 2018 and only have 5 killers at P3 and 1 survivor at P1. Even if I have to buy the DLC, let me keep my progression and unlocked Teachables, mainly for the Switch version, as that's the only port I could see myself buying for the portability alone.

• Stompa
    Stompa Member Posts: 154
    Options

no matter how they release the next chapter as with every bhvr dlc the 2 patch cycle rule still applies, dont buy it till they pulled their bait and switch and their tweaking for the sake of beeing "fun" for everybody

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot
    Hex_BoopTheSnoot Member Posts: 151
    Options

This. I'm still annoyed Ghost Face was considered a Chapter. Even if he had gotten a map I would've been okay with it but just a Killer period is not a Chapter.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

so good news they are looking into it, if you did the survey recently questions about cross-progression was in their.