We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

How Does It Feel to Depip

Options
Revansith
Revansith Member Posts: 367

We have all been there once or more. You enter the game as survivor or killer, cautiously optimistic the game will not end due to a player disconnecting while the match is loading and finally you arrive at the map. A few minutes later you are on a second hook, or as killer, 4 gens are completed. While on the hook you recall how you had no time to do any gens, or save or heal anyone, and you lost the chase as the killer was ...right there... when you spawned. Or as killer you are patrolling the gens and nobody misses a skill check, each gen is done as fast as possible.... the conclusion is simple... you are going to depip no matter what you do.... so how do you feel?

How Does It Feel to Depip 35 votes

I dont care its just a game and I can pip up next match.
28%
RizzoFoggyDownpourStompaTheLegendDyl4n1LadyKandomerexEaBoosted_DwightohheyitsbobcatAhoyWolfMaeRohZ 10 votes
Very upset
8%
GrootDudeLavalinater9209Todgeweiht 3 votes
More likely to take additional steps to ensure a pip up next match
8%
Aven_FallenDreskiRevansith 3 votes
Leave any lobby with bloodied players in it (as killer)
0%
Leave any lobby with rank 19 or 20 survivors in it all on level 1
0%
Emblems are broken and this is part of a bigger problem
31%
GibberishTapeKnot[Deleted User]musstang62AngryFluffyNullSp3cPhoxDrVeloxcityDoctorShockBoiDarootLeafstormGreentheNinja 11 votes
I MUST GET MY RIFT CHALLENGE OF OPENING THREE CHESTS DONE AT ALL COSTS
11%
DaddyTrappersGirlTheetisJacoby2041Ringy01 4 votes
Everyone must die next match
11%
BossABannedCatAwakeyNoOneEscapesNancy 4 votes

Comments

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

a l l m u s t p e r i s h

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

I was tryharding the ranks just because I wanted the achievements, now I don't care about the rank, because I already have them.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,647
    Options

There should be a I don't care at all option because pips and rank are pretty pointless at the moment. A lot of people couldn't care less about piping or they try to depip on purpose.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

How does it feel to lose the game horribly without really getting to do much, the way you're describing? Not great.

But how does it feel to depip? It's a huge relief, honestly. I'd rather stay away from red ranks if I can help it.

• Revansith
    Options

I agree from an achievement standpoint that ranking up may mean something. However there is a casual assumption that the higher ranks are players who have played more and therefore should be better at the game. Likewise players who are in the lower ranks may not have played much recently, may have just started playing, or as the reply suggests be depipping to a more comfortable level of gameplay.

In my case I would like to reach higher ranks if only for the achievement. I also feel I would feel better about how I play.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

If I depip great! That's one less pip towards going against more difficult opponents and whatever stupid thing I'm trying to pull off won't feel as pointlessly stupid and luck based (I'm looking at you, tome challenges) if I don't have a sweaty maniac (on either side) in every match I play

• Revansith
    Options

So Wednesday is rank reset day as its 13th of the month. The same day the new tome challenges are revealed for both survivor and killer. Might I suggest survivors talk to each other in the pre game chat if they have challenges that have to be done in a single match?

I am sure there will be posts about the new challenges some of which may be less than complimentary.... would it be allowed for players to explain how they solved a particularly difficult challenge?

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153
    Options

Honestly, it's a blessing for me. Getting anywhere nearer to high purple ranks and red ranks means facing more and more spirits and billies, and absolutely no one else. I actually have to go out of my way to derank to green ranks so I can actually see the other 15 killers that are available.

My major issue with emblems rn is that you can go out of your way to literally do nothing in a match and still get a blackpip.

Trust me, I've actually tried to depip consistently while still providing some support towards the team (either by cleansing all 5 totems to get rid of hexes/potential NOED, doing 1 gen and plundering to bring the other survivors valuable items), and I often ended up blackpipping.

I could never unhook, heal or even bodyblock for someone for an entire match and get an iridescent Benelovent emblem. I have no idea how, but it happened at least twice.

It feels like you actually have to just instantly DC or rush at the killer and ######### on first hook to depip. Meanwhile you can put in barely any effort into a match and somehow get a black pip, or sometimes even a pip.

This is all speaking from survivor PoV, as I don't play killer as often so the rank resets usually throw me back to rank 15's either way. I don't climb up farther than green ranks from that point, unless I for whatever reason just feel like playing killer a lot.

• Revansith
    Options

This is why a game can be less fun. If, as you say killers in the high purple and red ranks tend to be one of two possibles it does limit the fun. Dropping to lower ranks will get you an increased variety of killer. I prefer a tense match where through my own game play and assisting the team I get pip, what I dislike is being tunneled right from the get go and not being able to do a thing to help resulting in a pathetic amount of blood and a depip.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
    Very upset

I just hate the "entity displeased" music that plays after depipping, its so demoralizing in my opinion, sometimes i quit playing for some hours just because of that.

• Revansith
    Options

I get ya. I find at times if I experience a particularly bad match I will quit the game and take a break in order to distance myself from the matter. I try to look for positives as well if I can, such as me getting dead allowed three others to escape, or me being dead along with another survivor allows the killer to black pip.

Let me make a controversial suggestion. What if depips were abolished, and players either pipped or they didnt. The result would be I assume a huge number of players reaching the red ranks. At which point wouldnt peer pressure compel some of the more agitated red rank players to chill a bit more?

I also like when killers let the last one escape. It is truly appreciated.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Except i always think this.

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options
    Emblems are broken and this is part of a bigger problem

I don't enjoy de-pipping when I get a 4k.

• NoOneEscapesNancy
    NoOneEscapesNancy Member Posts: 204
    Options

If i de-pip as survivor then go try hard mode and play as killer