Name one thing you would do if you were a Dev for this game for a week.

Lets play a what if game of what would you do if you were a dev for a week for Dead By Daylight.

Comments

• hematophagy
    hematophagy Member Posts: 105

You can't always depend on that system though, some people have bad internet and it is not their fault, dealing with this in R6 made me not want to play the game anymore

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Force an immediate and thorough UX audit.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I have an answer for that....

You see, I've both had bad internet and teammates with bad internet. And you know what my conclusion is?

If you have bad internet, stay away from multiplayer games until you get it corrected. END OF STORY

I tell people in the lobby when they say they might drop because of bad internet to please leave, because I don't need the team to be potentially short-handed. That's just ######### rude man.

When my internet is crapping out and having a bad day, I play something else. It's rude to keep trying to play a multiplayer game when you have crap internet and know it.

Note i said start out with a small penalty. So you get a chance to realize "hey, maybe I shouldn't be doing this because my internet is crap tonight"

But if you persist to try and play despite your issues over the course of a couple days, you deserve a much harsher penalty for being so goddamn rude to your fellow players.

• hematophagy
    hematophagy Member Posts: 105

I'm not saying I have a bad connection but when I do, I do what you say, but for newer players it would be not only irritating for de-pipping when your internet messes up even just from one game but if they were to be suspended for a period of time, it could be a push factor of the game.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

League of Legends institutes a penalty for abandoning the game from day 1 of your account, it hasn't been hurt. In fact, it remains to be a juggernaught

This method has been proven time and time again.

And frankly, if a new player is pushed away from a game that punishes them for disconnecting, I'm not sure I want them as part of the community anyway.

As I said, if somebody has crap internet, they should be fixing that before they play online games. Doing otherwise is rude.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Make the lighting really dark again to return the horror atmosphere.

• silasbleu
    silasbleu Member Posts: 181

Fix Kate's ponytail

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited November 2019

Fix Kate's hair and P3 head.

And also see about fixing Ash's End of Days head so the hair is correct.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

I would make it so traps spawn closer to generators and not randomly around the map.

I would then make pigs crouch animation way faster (ghost face speed)

Then I would try adding personal add ons to cannibal and hillbilly and make the ones that are there already actually have a difference.

thats all I could maybe do in a week

• 2Khours
    2Khours Member Posts: 158

buff weak killers

• moridoll
    moridoll Member Posts: 27

I could name a few things. Fix the loss of progression on the blood webs on PS4, fix the crashing of games on console, remove the dedicated servers on PC, and purchase ones that actually work. Fix the killer pipping system...basically fix the damn bugs of the game.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

You would spend that week going through all that spaghetti code driving yourself mad.

• Blackburne
    Blackburne Member Posts: 141

Consider hiring people that can actually make a decent game.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Fix the state of the game with several steps:

Hire balance devs with dbd game experience. Change the balance focus to higher skill play.

Lower store prices by 1/2, create more sales for older items.

Create smaller effects by charms to make more desirable for purchase (hook auras, sparklies when sprinting etc)

Create Auric cell reward for end of season and Devotion level up.

Remove the premium rift and make all rewards earnable.

Alternatively, offer premium rift access with cosmetic purchases.

Focus development on balancing the core game and making the gameplay less frustrating for both sides. Frustrating gameplay mechanics do not make a game fun.

Create a working contract for the company that doesn't expire so all these tasks can be implemented past the week limit ;)

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Massively overhaul the Rift and Archive challenges so they are finishable by casual players, so the challenges aren’t stupid crazy impossible, and reduce monetisation in it.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

Fist thing I would do is get rid of the loop at the Ironworks of Misery, get rid of the loop at the coal tower and get rid of the really strong the loops on coldwind farms.

• lude13
    lude13 Member Posts: 22

Change match making from level/rank difference, to pip difference.

Far too many people complain about ranks being all over the place in match making. 6 ranks is effectively 1/3 give or take a few that scope is huge.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Reduce the grind, make the game more stable and enjoyable for new players. You're destined to fail if you can't gain new players as the old ones will eventually get burnt out, have new responsibilities ect. It's just natural so the quality of life for new players should be held in higher regard in my opinion.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

Nude cosmetics for everyone.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

there is SO MUCH I WOULD DO! but tbh the biggest thing would be buff hex totems to do 2 things now, 1 they do not light up a dull totem until their effect activates, and 2 make it to where hex totems RE-activate after X time, but for totems like huntress or Devour that require tokens, they lose a token to become re-activated. and how this would work is if someone cleanses say Devour at 2 stacks, 30-45 seconds later it will choose a dull totem that has not been cleansed, re-light but it will now have 1 stack. and with ruin it will just re-light. this way you wont need to do a overall slow down on gens for balance since ruin will have more uptime and it will encourage a 2nd objective of cleansing all the totems and it will lessen the strength of Noed and make it a less used perk/ give people a reason to cleanse all the totems other than thinking the killer has ruin

• SenatorAcadia
    SenatorAcadia Member Posts: 72

Let you flip through the tips as the game loads. Lots of info in those but there are only like, two or three per load.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Make most maps smaller. Like coal tower

Replace the godwindows ffs

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

Inactive traps of the Trapper do not trigger the Small Game alert anymore.

Unhooking yourself (using a perk like Slippery Meat or Deliverance, or not) at the end of P1 do not pass you directly in P3.

• Strancol
    Strancol Member Posts: 158

Balance around high ranks

• Malarkky
    Malarkky Member Posts: 16

Forbid SWF. Play KYF if u want to play with your friends!

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Make the XP bonus for emblems like 10 times what it is (seriously did they miss a digit or something) and give you credit for each emblem, not just the highest one. Should help with the rift grind by allowing you to get fragments from XP a bit easier

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334

I would remove SWF and or hiding totems so much better.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

One week isn't enough time to get important stuff done. But I suppose I could revert the Nurse base power change.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Boi I need more than a week to do a quarter of the shite I wanna do.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Fixing Legion so I can finally play my old main again, maybe bringen back old Legion with some changes to it or a complete rework. And getting rid of infinit windows at all maps, its not hard, just add a door a few meters next to the windows or close those windows and add there some pallets to balance that out.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Buff the weaker Killers, starting with Legion, Trapper and Wraith and delete the dedicated servers.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    edited November 2019

Take a look at the matchmaking servers.

Sure, the performance is super bad and the game is imbalanced, but the queue times are too annoying.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Completely rework moris and keys.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2019

Delete blodlust

or rework the latest new map even tho it looks 10/10 the game play is 1/10, delete pallets make more windows that require mind games.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

If you want to remove bloodlust, you'd have to rework every map first.

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252

Give Kate and Jane a Bikini skin

Make it so Trapper starts with all of his traps

Remove the Bloodpoint cap

Rank rewards

Rework Haddonfield, the Game, Lery's, Mt. Ormont

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Create a solo queue for killers...

• huntress3121
    huntress3121 Member Posts: 11

I would delete both Spirit and Claudette from the game :P

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2019

I never really use bloodlust only if i want to meme but i usually only play huntress so you dont really need blodlust on her since you got hatchets but yeah it does help for new players since they dont know how to deal with loops and sutch that can be very annoying sometime

Also its annoying that you dont go down cause the player was good its cause they got carried by bloodlust

But if i were to start reworking maps i would probably completly rework the inside maps since most of them dont have any mind game and just got so many pallets more windows sortof

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I would go on vacation for a week:)

• symptom101
    symptom101 Member Posts: 81

1) I would go to where the DBD code is stored and ... DELETE -- CONFIRM DELETE

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

I would Implement something similar to Halos probation system for people who Dc. Where each time they Dc they are banned for longer.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363