Why do killers facecamp

I'm nowhere near new to dead by daylight, I've had my fair share of terrible games. I play on the ps4, and I just finished a game with a salty hillbilly player. I get people play how the want to and that's fine, but this guy had no reason to camp me nor to slug me.

Let me explain...

On Autohaven, one of my teamates gets found straight away, so I was hoping tp flashlight save them but he had infectious fright on. Therefore he begins chasing me but gives up due to me pallet looping him, he goes back to pick up the guy, luckily I get there quickly to flashlight save them. Unfortunately they get downed again and i can't save them, they get hooked in the basement. The other two also get caught and put in the basement too, so it's just me. I loop him around the shack for a bit, without the god pallet because it was used early.

I manage to save one of the players, the other two died on hook. I get hooked, and he just facecamps me until I'm in struggle, the player from early saves me but I get tunnelled and then slugged because of my ds. So I just dcd out of frustration.

How is that fair? Why the facecamp? Because I looped him for a bit and flashlighted him? I don't understand it.

(Also he messaged me calling me a crybaby? What? Haha)

Comments

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313
    edited November 2019

If they do it from the start they're probably either inexperienced or "playing for salt".

If they do it like that they're "punishing" you for some percieved offense. Don't worry about it, unless you did "play for salt"-like actions yourself or abused an actual exploit or something it's just scrub mentality at play. Similar to a survivor disconnecting because they "disagree" with how a killer downed them even though no foul play was involved.

EDIT: And oh, if they do it at endgame they just want to confirm one extra kill. Personally I'd still go for max points but at that point it's understandable and anything goes.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

I'm gonna guess it was one of those crap Billys who use NOED and nod at you when they get their easy kill.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Because they know it’s an exploitable annoyance.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

It's not the only counterplay sometimes it's the only counterplay to it now since they got rid of juggling and enduring as counters

• horsegod386
    horsegod386 Member Posts: 91

I rarely facecamp but when I do its because I hate that certain survivor lol, though I did facecamp today because I needed to in order to get that end game collapse thing for the archives. also in your case its sounds like you were just being ""ToXiC"" because you looped him and flashlight saved.

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275

Farming salty comments on their steam profile as some sort of achievemnt, say gg and dont post on their profiles.

• wannabeuk
    wannabeuk Member Posts: 135

I mean, facecamp is a little extreme but if he knew the other surv would come for you (which as you pointed out he did), it makes sense to stay nearby rather than wander aimlessly around the map.

Also you say he tunneled you, not sure how he could do that as there was only a single other surv to choose from and I'm going to guess you were hurt and he wasn't, that is not tunneling.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

I never fault killers for doing it in that situation. Leaving the hook while at least one gate is open usually means that every survivor still alive will escape.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Its easy to get a facecamp from a killer.

Like just the other day, I got facecamped by a Billy because I abused the ever living ######### out of the braindead window loop on Ironworks of Misery.

I mean, I get that window is absolute bullshit. I encounter it all the time when I play killer. And if you want to win a match, you just gotta leave anyone going for that busted #########. Nothing you can do about it, because the developers refuse to do something about it.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

Camping works against really altruistic teams. In these cases Bubba is the strongest killer in the game as they will either all go down or do nothing trying to get the save.

• JakeLovesHuntress
    JakeLovesHuntress Member Posts: 14

I don't understand how am I crybaby for disconnecting, I put a perk on to use it not to waste it. He was salty at me for a stupid reason, then messaged me because I disconnected. Of course I'll be frustrated if I don't get to use my perk, it's a waste of a perk slot...

• JakeLovesHuntress
    JakeLovesHuntress Member Posts: 14

There was no point in having ds on my build, because I didn't get to use it. So yeah I have a right to be frustrated in that case ha

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

I feel that good killers will simply not waste time chasing someone when they notice that survivor knows what he is doing and go for an easier target, but sometimes ego comes in and they get mad.

Often a case of the "sunk cost fallacy", already chased someone for a minute, can't give up now, since that minute would be wasted, kinda like that.

• Mrwood204
    Mrwood204 Member Posts: 226

Accurate. When you see one guy on a hook and 2 red bodies around him...you know its over

• Megaris
    Megaris Member Posts: 105

i hate parties, so i do facecamping sometimes against them. i don't care my pip and my bp, much less their feelings at all.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

There are many times where I have or have witnessed someone not get the opportunity to use a perk.

It's not a valid reason to disconnect, but it's something to do if you want to make yourself look vulnerable to trolls.

I recommend to not do it and to not feed those who thrive on the negative emotion of others.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175

Well, you basically weren't going to get your way so you quit. Pretty common knowledge that the community for this games frowns upon disconnecting especially when you've clearly lost because you got hooked. You robbed that killer of a kill. Why do you think disconnects can get you banned?

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

Well, if they face camp they’re either

1. having a bad day
    2. they chases you for too long
    3. they have a grudge against you
    4. youre being toxic

If they chase you for a long time a lot of gens would be done, therefore they want YOU specifically dead.

Getting facecamped can be both faults. But the killer is the one who suffers in the end for wasting so much time.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

So you will make a forums post.

• monstermaster42
    monstermaster42 Member Posts: 81

They lack the skill to play any other way, give killers a bad name by playing like babies

• wannabeuk

Also, if you excessivly t-bag. Expect to get camped because it's funny as ######### to watch the rage afterwards

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Meet the player the Devs balance for.

• MathiaStef
    MathiaStef Member Posts: 132

Sorry to tell you this but honestly them calling you a crybaby was kind of justified the match didn't go your way so you dc when you could have suicided and got bp? The killer can't call you a crybaby then either because sometimes struggling is screwy

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

I'll camp if I'm losing or its endgame since I got nothing better to do

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

When there are only two survivors left, it's pretty common for the killer to camp one of them if they manage to get a hook. The other one is either coming for you or he's gone immersed to get the hatch, but either way he's probably not on a gen, so patrolling gens would be futile. Searching the entire map would basically guarantee the hooked survivor gets saved, and then the killer's got no one on a hook. Why would he leave?

Slugging is the counter to DS. It's a common tactic. I go plenty of matches where I never get to use DS. You're never guaranteed you're going to get to use any perk.

You disconnected because the match didn't go your way. I don't think players should bother to message each other unless it's just to say "thanks" or "gg," but the killer wasn't wrong. The killer doesn't seem salty in this instance: you do, because you disconnected.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Someone DC's so you go out of your way to message them crybaby to be childish and a dick back. Grow up.

• MathiaStef
    MathiaStef Member Posts: 132

The op dced because they couldn't use DS that is also childish

• tempcoma
    tempcoma Member Posts: 28

I hate camping but I have done it twice and that's because they flashlight then teabag and constantly tea bag so in turn they need to die

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Because they're sadists that are dead inside

• EJmurdermain
    EJmurdermain Member Posts: 109

1. "Crybaby" is more likely a response.

2. Entire team gets wrecked but you DC. (Hmm)

3. You became the obsession via DS playing well.

4. I suppose since the DC happened you probably don't know if the last survivor escaped, basically not SWF with a High-Tier killer.

• Cayde1342
    Cayde1342 Member Posts: 96

Why do survivors teabag spam and then get mad when they get face camped

• survivormain1105
    survivormain1105 Member Posts: 327

Explain to me why looping or flashlight saving is toxic. Its literally the only thing to do against the killer minus head on and DS

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

Dc in that case. Devs appear to support face camping so not much other option for you. I dont think you did anything wrong.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

Why did he call you a crybaby? Did you say something first? That seems like a strange thing to say to someone who couldn't communicate an outburst in-game and said nothing.

Also, why would you say he's salty from his gameplay? I've camped the second-to-last player before hoping to catch the other survivor trying to save them before without being upset at either one of them. It's not a GOOD strategy, but it works at low ranks.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367

If a killer plays in a bizarre and possibly unsporting manner but explains in the end game chat that this was to assure the completion of an evil Killer challenge I can accept that it was one match and the killer in question showed remorse and wasnt being a complete spanner about it.

If I am being facecamped I try to recall if I did anything that might have upset the killer. Gneerally thats why I tend not to use flashlights. Even when I get them to work as they should its like waving a red rag at a very angry bull.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

You disconnected when you still had a minute to live...

You basically did the killer a favor and allowed them to go after gens....

I'm not sure how that punishes the killer. If anything, you just encouraged him to camp the next guy

congratulations, you're part of the problem.

• Athanar90
    Athanar90 Member Posts: 123

You disconnected. That's wrong 99% of the time. (Acceptable if the game is taken over.) So the message was deserved.

Slugging isn't fun, but it's the only counterplay against DS. If a killer thinks you have it, it might happen. Personally, I do it half the time in cases like yours. The other half, I think I can still catch up or the match is early enough to just make them burn it.

As a killer, the flashlight doesn't actually bother me. I can usually evade it, and if I can't, it means the survivor has good aim. The only thing that gets on my nerves is teabagging. That gets you killed for sure.

• wannabeuk

Oh, that is a point. I will sometimes tunnel the guy with a powerful flashlight, after all it fuckes wraith up too much to be left alone.

• Rikashi
    Rikashi Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2019

The game supports face camping as a valid tactic which you can punish via doing gens borrowed time (unless vs leatherbutt or sweaterboy) other reasons fall to the survivor being toxic or the killer just felt like it plenty of killers don't fc if u get camped waste their time and move on it's a game if you DC on hook from that you give the killer a freebie and you deserve a ban hammer for dcing at all but this ge rarely DC bans so w/e