We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thoughts on new spirit

Options
MedicSpirit7
MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

Thoughts on new spirit 61 votes

she needed these nerfs
52%
WeederickMc_HartyWhite_OwlChiSlaughterhouse3Spartagone45TheKingOfAllPluarslaNAxX7891AzurlynxFireHazardDelsKibaraBazzajackxEathen4321Karl_Childers[Deleted User]SunderMunmusstang62 32 votes
She didn’t need changes other than prayer beads
9%
StompaCymerTragicSolitudeJawsIsTheNextKillerDreskigaydavidking 6 votes
She was fine as before no changes needed
13%
GibberishMedicSpirit7Taigapleasedontbetoxic117TunnelVisionGlamourousLeviathanPK_M4STERgarrasintruder 8 votes
All changes are fine except keep collision
3%
AvilgusSunTzu 2 votes
All changes are fine except add on nerfs
4%
PuggyMohawkRicardiBacardipichumudkip 3 votes
Other
16%
BossTohmoZerLukasAven_FallenCJsDBDJoe_MantidenunadventureskonchokPigsterAhoyWolf 10 votes

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    Other

I'm fine with these, i'm fine without these.

• Joe_Mantide
    Joe_Mantide Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Other

not enough

• MedicSpirit7
    Options

She def doesn’t need more than this

• Joe_Mantide
    Options
    Other

the main issues was not being able to understand what the spirit wants to do. and they did nothing about this. spirit needs directional phasesound back again and an animation when starting to phasewalk.

• PK_M4STER
    PK_M4STER Member Posts: 1
    Options

Nerf a killer is frustrating for us who like to play as killers.

Survivors play on four players using Discord. We need strong killers for the match to be balanced

• MedicSpirit7
    Options

Then that kills her power there’s no point

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,299
    Options
    Other

She needed some changes, but I cannot say for sure how those changes will affect her, without testing her.

Prayer Beads, Collision and Vault Animation are great tho.

• CJsDBD
    CJsDBD Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Other

We really need the collision and vaulting fixes. Everything else I would be fine without.

• nunadventures
    nunadventures Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Other

nothing happened to spirit that wasn’t logical. Like it makes sense for her to phase between survivors and not have collision and I honestly thought her not having a vault animation was glitch and not intentional. I loved her before and I love her now.

• MedicSpirit7
    Options

She should be able to go thru walls if she can go thru survivors then

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options
    She didn’t need changes other than prayer beads

If they're going to remove collision while phasing, they should fix the audio so I can actually hear survivors. I can never hear a dang thing in this game; I've never been able to track via sound.

And can someone make a video of her just doing her current vault (ie phasing through the window) over and over? I love how it looks, but it's rare to see it from a good vantage in a video. I'd just like to see someone record it from a bunch of different angles before it goes away. I'll miss it.

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248
    Options
    Other

The vault and collision changes are solid. But they missed the mark with the rest in my opinion. No audio changes or anything, which is where I feel she needs it most.

• Joe_Mantide
    Options
    Other

so if the power is broken we cant balance the game cause "it kills her power"

and btw, it wouldnt

she'd still a killer that press m2 and then gain extreme speed, can hear you and get you very easily, but at least the surv knows a little your intentions.

i mean, you can see nurse while she blinks, but she's strong anyway

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited November 2019
    Options
    she needed these nerfs

She needed these nerfs greatly, any nerf to her would make her less dull to play against... and actually give a counter to her phasing.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294
    Options
    Other

I'm okay with her as she is now. But the changes seem to be okay as well, so I don't mind them.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    Options
    she needed these nerfs

Wouldn't really call them nerfs, more like, removing the "training wheels".

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,791
    Options
    she needed these nerfs

idk, she still has no new tell that she's phasing outside of prayer beads, and no change to how well she can track at the same time; that's the biggest issue she has alongside the lack of a vault animation (who tf thought that was a good idea!?)

• ChiTenshi
    Options
    she needed these nerfs

They're adjusting Prayer Beads so you know 'when' she's phasing, just not 'where', which is significantly better than not knowing at all.

Her tracking capabilities are fine. The indirect issue with her tracking was caused by the collision, but that's being removed.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,791
    Options
    she needed these nerfs

I know, i addressed the prayer beads in my previous comment. Perhaps wasn't obvious what i meant, sorry.

Her ability to hear survivors without them having information on when she's phasing or where she could be (since sounds are broken and the one time we got to be able to hear her footsteps in any capacity, it went away with a hotfix like a week later) is the issue. I can know a spirit is phasing, but it doesn't matter because of how fast her power activates and how fast she moves inside it. unless I'm running a build jsut to counter her, that is not going to change...and that build is counterable by her perk build too, rendering it futile to bother.

Some issues are addressed, but not the most important one. Scott Jund actually made a video on this explaining my issue much more eloquently.

• ChiTenshi
    Options
    she needed these nerfs

I will have to watch the video, but without the aide of her collision both Survivor and Killer should have equal footing in the situation and should attempt to mind-game each other.

• TheKingOfAll
    TheKingOfAll Member Posts: 73
    Options
    she needed these nerfs

And billy should be able to chainsaw down trees. The game doesn’t make real life sense, but the balance changes are fine, you can’t just say because of one thing, another thing must happen because in real life it would work that way

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options
    Other

I agree with all the changes except for the windows vault and post phase slow down. I felt that that was an interesting an unique part of her kit. It makes sense within the context of her ability (which is a kind of teleport) and it wasn't an overpowered ability. The post phase slow down is going to make her much more difficult to play and is unnecessary (but that's a guess, I'll have to wait for the PTB to make a final judgement call on that)