Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Free cosmetics = everybody is a winner

And everybody is a loser.

Making the cosmetics lose any meaning, especially if they came from an event.

Comments

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

What do you want...? TF2 and CSGO level 500 dollar cosmetics? Gross.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Exclusive cosmetics are a bad idea anyway and it'll make players who doesn't want to pay for cosmetics will help them a little, more choice and variety, thank the lord the David Mains are getting a jacket that's pretty, instead of with the base jacket.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

tbh im glad they came up with this idea

• DeadByTunnelight
    DeadByTunnelight Member Posts: 79

100% agree. Why I took part in all of these events if people are going to get these skins for free?....

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

To those who have that mentality, sure.

I got my Huntress mask in Howling Grounds (barely, this godamn patch) cause it looked good to me, not because it was limited.

If i got it cause it looked good, i don't care how others get it.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I love how they said they're trying to do away with exclusive cosmetics but literally just created Fog Whisperer charms lmfao

• designator
    designator Member Posts: 124

Like it or not, our culture values exclusivity. That's why people join clubs, apply to exclusive colleges, try out for sports teams, by expensive cars & clothes ect. Theres nothing wrong with wanting something we earned to be exclusive.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
  • johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I’d like it, I don’t expect it or think it’s owed but it would be nice to have more outfits

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

I feel like the only reasons people don't want everyone to have them is to brag about them, or they spent a ton of money to buy them from a reseller.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

People need to chill and just be happy that everyone can get the "Exclusives" Not nobodies fault but ur own if you are one of those that bought the Ace hat for $1k. I personally have Dweard/Jake, Street Meg/Sci Fair Claudette, and Chuckles. Now I am able to get the rest for FREE and everyone else can as well. :D

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I knew this thread was going to get petty really fast and I was right. OP you should have just left it at the title. Y'all are just getting predictable now.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Sorry for people who spent a lot of real money on a status symbol that got less exclusive afterwards... welcome to the real world

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275

I want some cosmetics to actually mean something. Not only that u had 10$ around you didn't need or just purchased the game on steam.

But that you participated in an event at some point in this games history and you got something to show from it. Giving it to everyone makes it meaningless.

• DeadByTunnelight
    DeadByTunnelight Member Posts: 79

Imo me, they are. What's the point of events in dbd now if these skins are in the store? I don't even have to participate in events because I can buy every skin. I think the better idea would be if the skins from events would be exclusive just like it was for example with David's jacket. That's my award for spending my time to get that jacket. And now people are going to get it for free just like that.