We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Iridescent Head shouldn't be a thing

Options
Nyaren_Chan
Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243

Iridescent Head shouldn't be a thing 63 votes

Agreed, even though it's rare, it's unfun to play against. (or other reasons)
50%
Mc_HartyrhaWhite_OwlPandomkodiakyJovialCubSpartagone45PluJoker_777arslaNTheLegendDyl4n1Aven_FallenMert_MKxEaKarl_Childers[Deleted User]konchokrch614MedicSpirit7Kees_T 32 votes
Disagreed, it is rare and it rewards players for their skill. (or other reasons)
30%
PuggyMohawkArk_the_BonsaiGibberishFibijeanSlaughterhouse30h_DoctorRaptorrotasRicardiBacardiPennosukeMysticAdvisorErshfly_172pleasedontbetoxic117pichumudkipFilledPizzaNoOneEscapesNancyGlamourousLeviathanAdequate_JimmmmmToxic_Plag 19 votes
Indifferent. ( you can also add a reason for your indifference )
19%
Hail_to_the_KingTapeKnotRieTheRockstarKnightHoodiedGrootDudeDreskimusstang62AhoyWolfZackAndCodySupaSlay3r20Todgeweiht 12 votes

Comments

• NoOneEscapesNancy
    NoOneEscapesNancy Member Posts: 204
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Disagreed, it is rare and it rewards players for their skill. (or other reasons)

Just stop being a lil wuss and play the game

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

I mean, i feel like i dont have much room to complain, i am a PS4 player and the amount of goot huntresses there are here is miniscule, i have faced like 4 iridescent heads in my whole gameplay experience and of that 4 games I escaped 3.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited November 2019
    Options

Rewarding players for their skill argument is laughable when it comes to iridescent hatchets. Now, if they were to give a distance requirement to actually get the one shot effect....then we can talk about it being more skill. As it stands it’s very OP and there’s a reason Huntresses with actual skill don’t use them. It’s cause they know are BS

• Nyaren_Chan
    Options

I'm just asking people for their opinion, simply. I recently played a game in which the Huntress had such add-on, and i found it pretty unfunny to play against. Of course you can always dodge the hatchets if you have skill, but still, it can feel pretty bad to not be able to escape because the killer can just NOED the hell out of you without having the exit gates powered yet.

That's a very good argument, indeed it is pretty rare to encounter people using the add-on, and even very skilled Huntress can be uncommon to find. However an argument is still standing, and that is the same anybody could have against the Ebony Memento Mori: It may be rare, but it just sucks to play against it.

Totally agree! If it was more about a distance requirement, which would require you to be very good at aiming with your hatchets, that would be respectable. Still it would remain horrible for players standing-by (survivors not moving because they are unhooking or opening the gate).

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,311
    edited November 2019
    Options

It does not reward anyone for Skill. Iridescent Heads are thrown from like 1 meter away. And it does add nothing to the Huntress gameplay. If you are a decent Huntress, you will be good with Iridescent Heads. But you will most likely not go for more risky shots.

So either should Iridescent Head be hard-capped to 1 or 2.

OR it should have a range requirement to actually reward skillful Huntress players (like at least 30 meters away for the Insta Down)

OR it should have a completely new effect (e.g. what I have read on the forum: On a successful hit or down (I prefer down) they refill all Hatchets without the need to go for a locker)

• Nyaren_Chan
    Options

In a way, I imagine a very skilled Huntress wouldn't even need the Iridescent Head in the first place.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    Options

Hardest thing to counter tbh, iv had the game since console release and been at rank 1 killer and survivor each reset and honestly this add-on is quite OP with how it is atm, by far the hardest thing you have to go against, give me a gen grabber spirit/strider spirit any day over this add-on

• NoOneEscapesNancy
    NoOneEscapesNancy Member Posts: 204
    Options

I know i know... im just saying some people complain to much and should just move along and play the game. But yea! I don’t think iridescent heads are op

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    edited November 2019
    Options

She is fine, I have only gotten that addon Once and she has 110% movement speed!

Plus if you’ve played her she only has 1-2 hatchets with that addon.

I think she doesn’t need her addons changed yet unless you want to trade her iridescent for full movement speed( 115%).

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

Definetly not fun, especially considering how wonky the hitboxes are. Not counting they are mostly used with Infantry Belt to circumvent the penalty and an Ebony Mori for added toxicity.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited November 2019
    Options

Other reasons. It doesn't take skill to down someone in one hit as Huntress. It's not like Iri Heads reduce the hitbox size or something.

But they're limited, consumable, expensive and rare (although perhaps not as rare as they should be). I don't want every match I play to be the same. In my opinion, the more rare, overpowered mechanics get nerfed to basic levels where they barely affect the match anymore, the more boring the game becomes overall.

• Rie
    Rie Member Posts: 86
    Options

If you couldn't stack it with infantry belt/the likes, I'd be ok with it

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Iridescent Heads reward nothing, as it's literally just normal Huntress gameplay besides the fact that the hatchets deal double damage.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

I feel the same way, it's stupid imo

• Adequate_Jimmmmm
    Adequate_Jimmmmm Member Posts: 28
    Options

I play huntress mainly when I kill, and they are an ultra rare add on that drops the hatchets to 1. Usually combine it with infantry belt and get 3 but even then, there is enough wind up time to know to break line of sight. I personally only use them with an ebony mori to really go hard core crazy on survivors. I don't think it is a common enough of a thing to be considered a real problem though. Plus, aren't ultra rare add ons are supposed to make killers extra unbearable to play against anyway? The wraith's add on that eliminates the noise from his bell is pretty wild, Mirror michael (which isn't ultra rare), and others are all pretty game breaking. I just kinda think that's the whole point of ultra rares. I hate them when I'm surviving but sometimes that's just the luck of the draw