Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which killer do you think is underrated/overrated and why?

There are some killers that people think are bad and other people think are good. It's hard to know if there are no such thing as a non viable killers anymore post freddy rework.

Comments

• ElementDoom
    ElementDoom Member Posts: 166
    edited November 2019

Myers tends to be overrated pretty often. Not to say that he's bad but, some people tend to consider him freddy/billy tier which he just isn't. Also the second part of this post confuses me. Are you saying there are no more non viable killers or asking if that's the case?

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Huntress is overrated, but good in the right hands/latency. Pig is underrated because she has good slowdown, stealth, and her dash pairs well with save the best for last which is always a godsend.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

The Trapper can turn a game in a matter of seconds. All it takes is some proper planning and trap management.

He’s nowhere near S Tier though.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Is Ghostface underrated? Because he is the only killer I genuinely am afraid of other than Spirit.

Not afraid to lose, afraid to see, because he is really good at jumpscares.

• EverflowingRiver
    EverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562
    edited November 2019

I'm in no way saying you are wrong. But I never use FF for travel. I use it when I need information or when I know they are bunched together.

But he is underrated

• I feel people think demo is stronger than he actually is. I also think that his main issue lies in his portal ability. He can't snowball fast enough to keep up a game, especially on a larger map. Having to walk to a portal is insanely time-consuming and for a very little bit of distance gained, because it is rare for survivors to be near a portal without either noticing it or just plain not in the vicinity. Letting him teleport without a portal would alleviate this a bit.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Doctor is underrated and Hag is overrated. Doctor is a good staller put Sloppy and Thana on him and then survivors will be struggling to cure madness and heal after getting mangled. Hag relies on add ons, the increased teleport range ones otherwise she’s mediocre.

• Derp
    Derp Member Posts: 157

I think Legion is underrated only because the majority think he's the worst killer in the game when he really isn't.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Pig.

Even though she got nerfed by EGC, she's stil my favourite.

She's got stealth, match pressure (the rbt) and a charging attack.

A very effective killer especially with perks which compliment her base skills.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2019

I think most "low tier" killers are underrated, especially Wraith, Trapper and Doctor. They might be addon reliant, but they can put quite a fight against good survivors if played well.

The only one I might say is overrated is Freddy. From my experience he's a solid killer but not so strong as many seem to think.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I used to say Myers was quite overrated. But ever since GF was released, I havent seen people glorifying him too much. I guess it makes sense.

Clown is largely underrated though. He is far from being the worst or best Killer.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    edited November 2019

Overrated: Ghostface, basically a stealthy legion. Get's a easy free hit and gets looped because he has nothing to help him in chase. No map mobility so most maps are garbage for him.

Underrated: Hag, the Queen of killers after Nurse nerf. Insane map control, great Snowball and chase potential. No where is safe against Grandma Lisa.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

I would say that the Hag is underrated, she can be hard to use effectively but she is a very good killer.

Huntress is overrated I think as a lot of the maps are bad for her power.

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166

She's not underrated, but her design was a disaster from the start., you either stay broken whole game or give her ranged AOE. She's not op, but extremly annoying to verse, especially with the slowdown perks.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Underrated

Amanda and Legion:

Now I'm not going to act like these two don't have their flaws because oh boy they do and they can be crippling however people tend to gloss over their advantages a lot.

When used correctly they can be very efficient granted I feel like it is ok to bring up the flaws because they are definitely things that need to be addressed however people need to realise that there are some really good things about these two and it would be nice to see people focus on them more because they could win matches.

Myers and Huntress:

These two things again the major suckage from the community like literally some people will suck these guys dry with praise.

However they have very big problems that people tend to forget the opposite of how Amanda or Legion work people focus on the positives weigh more than the negatives.

Huntress is very map dependent at certain Maps could basically screwed her and her hatchets are very inconsistent either they'll miss when they should have hit making your skill irrelevant or they'll hit when they shouldn't have making your skill irrelevant.

With such a map dependency and power inconsistency I don't get why people Places so high on the list of tiers she's definitely one of the most balanced killers in the game but not as good as people make it out to be.

Myers: Myers is also pretty map dependent however unlike the huntress if survivors are good enough they could lock you into T1 for a pretty decent amount of time. Without the advantages of scratched mirror of this means you're losing a lot of map pressure while the survivors are cracking out gens.

Honestly a lot of his potential comes from survivors having very poor spatial awareness and essentially feeding him the second your survivors are aware of their surroundings Michael becomes infinitely less useful

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
  • Volfawott
    edited November 2019

Never said they were great or even good just said they weren't as bad as people tend to claim they are.

Most people assume that they're the worst killer in the game however I see the Clown and debatably doctor to be worse than they are

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited November 2019

Myers overrated.

Hag overrated. This does not mean she's bad at all, I just think she's generally considered better than she is. I also think it's quite weird that people put Hag as underrated when the vast majority of people think Hag is indeed top tier.

Post edited by Blueberry on
  • BenZ0

@Volfawott

Clown and Doc both has a power in chase, Legion not, easy as that.

• BenZ0

@Desolate_Sands

Wraith, Pig and Old Freddy had a free M1 hit too, are and were they strong or decent? Nope.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Doesn't make him bad, just means you have to be good at mindgames.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

OG Freddy was underrated. If you played him like any other killer (or tunneled one person to death at a time) yeah he was very weak given the 7 second delay.

If you juggled targets, constantly disengaged from chases, and otherwise aimed to keep 2+ people asleep at any one time (Even if this meant breaking chase to re-sleep someone who woke up) you'd discover Freddy had best in class stall, tracking, and stealth.

With Pill Bottle Freddy basically became similar to Spirit for getting a hit on an awake survivor. They can't see you during the transition meaning you pretty much have a free hit.

I feel like OG Fred was stronger than Leatherface, Wraith, and rework Legion.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Ghostaface is overrated. I've seen that some people are talking that he actually might be a top tier. But still he's a M1 killer.

• BenZ0

@TheRoyalOwl

Yep Legion is secretly the top killer just no one knows how to play this well designed and perfectly balanced killer :) And leatherface is the second best, you just need to aim correctly with the chainsaw!

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Overrated Billy.

Underrated Pig.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Underrated Killers?

definitely Trapper and Doctor.

• Volfawott

Honestly clowns tape power tends to be overestimated you could still very easily loop the gas.

As for doctor without range add-ons his shock stops becoming useful most medium and all large loops. The only thing that doctor's shock in a chase really has going for it is that it has a higher drop-off tier than Amanda's ambush.

Basically meaning Amanda can really only ambush effectively at all small and some medium Loops whilst Doctor can do it at all small and most the medium loops.

Overall Legion's power is just more useful also Legion power at least has quite a bit of synergy with some perks whilst Dr the only thing you could really do is a impossible skill check build and high ranks aren't really bothered by that.

As I said I'm not calling Legion good I'm saying they're not as bad as people think in my mind they're still the third worst killer. They're just not the worst killer

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

I think Huntress is overrated. Course she's good in the right hands but you can have a hard time in majority of the maps. Billy is overrated, too. Hag and Plague are underrated, for sure.

• BenZ0

@Volfawott

Well it is just a opinion vs opinion. I used to main legion and obviously played alot the nerfed version of Legion. And since you have no power at all you have no way to shorten any chases, even though pig, clown and doc cant do that that great compared to other killers. Atleast they CAN and Legion cant do it. I got alot of times looped by all 4 survivors really long without any chance, no mindgames etc would help since 80% of the loops in dbd are still open and not mindgamable.

As clown you can atleast catch a survivor really fast open field and end only window loops such as T walls etc really fast. You can shorten loops and force pallet dropps early. Doctor can negate all infinits with his shocks and such as clown you can force early pallet dropps aswell, plus survivors waste the same amount of time with snap out as mending.

Thats why in my view and it is a pretty good reason is that Legion is the worst killer, maybe leatherface is worse idk but both suck.

• BenZ0

@Desolate_Sands

On low rank with survivors that dont know how to loop properly and mindgame agree. But I am talking against good survivors.

• TheRoyalOwl

No it's just that literally every legion main says he's completely awful, but if I can play him just fine in red ranks than there is clearly something that you people aren't doing right.

• BenZ0

@TheRoyalOwl

Red ranks means nothing but okey sensei... teach us all the secrets of the legion :)

• BenZ0

@TheRoyalOwl

You must use franks mixtape, this addon is still op and crutch, maybe thats why you are doing well on "red ranks". O.o

• TheRoyalOwl

They do tho, most purple ranked survivors and killers are usually worse ( thats why they are in purple ranks ). Back 3-4 months ago when I played spirit, I would usually always 4k against survivors if they were in purple ranks, but I would have some trouble when I faced red rankers.

• BenZ0

@TheRoyalOwl

Then you are doing something wrong

• TheRoyalOwl

Yeah, I do need to get better as spirit just like you legion players need to get better.

• BenZ0

@TheRoyalOwl

Yes legion requieres to much skill based gameplay and alot of planning and fine tuning. Agree, we just need to learn this killer, he has the potential to be the best killer :)

• Volfawott

While Amanda may be my primary main Legion is definitely my secondary.

Honestly the main problem with Legion's power is that it just has way too many downsides to it mainly because of just how much backlash Legion got I think they kinda just took the sledgehammer to them and didn't really think their changes through.

In fact the legion rework and the endgame collapse update was an absolute mess.

Lots of things went into it that I didn't actually think were thought out all too thoroughly.

Amanda's changes were a major ######### and were a clear example of didn't really think through the things you implemented.

Trap timer is paused when in the Terror radius on a killer who can hide their terror radius. #########.

I get it was meant to stop people from cheaping out the Trap timer but the people who would normally do that just crouched so the only people who were actually affected were pigs who played normally

On top of that it basically turned a bear trap into a portable whispers making trap tunnelling even easier.

The endgame nerf was absolutely pointless and the reasons they gave for it were weak as hell.

1) wasn't the intention of traps to use in the endgame. This reason would be believable if they didn't encourage diversifying with The Killers power and doing things that work unintended.

Also if this so unintended why did it take you almost a year to stop it. The dead hard exit gate bug was fixed within 2-days you didn't think to fix the end game traps as well

2) survivors would have a difficult time dealing with two timers. This was just a massive insult to the survivor community because I assume that most of them don't have the brain of goldfish. Especially considering you don't have to look at the timer on your icon to get it rough estimate of the bear trap time because it blinks more intensely

3) it was an unfair way to cheap a kill and there was nothing that the survivors could do about it. *Laughs in endgame collapse blood warden*

yes because possibly getting a kill on one person by sticking them with an unreliable kill source.

Is far more concerning than easily being able to get a 4K for free unless a survivor whip out a key.

Legion had so much restrictions added onto their power it was even funny. Lots of them overlapping each other.

1) Multiples to restrictions on the spamility which became redundant. The fact frenzy couldn't down was prevalent enough. Missed swings cancelling frenzy and needing a full bar to use it was overkill.

2) Tracking capabilities: why in the hell you can't see blood stains baffles me.

I've heard people say it's to encourage you to hit other survivors. Which I find it incredibly stupid solution mainly because blood or no if somebody wants to just tunnel one person they're going to do it. It's not hard for me to hit a person with frenzy and then just follow them.

I've also heard it's to reduce the amount of information you get whilst traversing map. So why can Billy see blood stains and scratch marks when his power is lethal, why can nurse or Wraith all of these guys can use their power to traverse the map yet they could still see survivor indications.

Add-ons

1) why does Frank's mixtape exist in its current state

2) why does stab wounds study exist in its current state

3) why does fuming mixtape give me the ability to see generators on a limited power especially considering if I deep wounds a survivor I lose aura reading. All-seeing spirit works on because you had no limits on your cloak so you can gather as much information as you wanted to. Frenzy doesn't have that luxury.

4) why do I actively have to hinder myself by hitting a survivor twice to get off status effects that really aren't worth it in the long run. The status effects I gain from it could literally be outclassed by just cancelling out frenzy then hitting them the survivor and downing them

Sorry about the Rant but I kind of just blew off steam I love the devs buts sometimes they could really make stupid decisions

• BenZ0

@Volfawott

Yeah agree

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018
    edited November 2019

Obviously the killer @GrootDude plays is underrated

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@PistolTimb

The way I just laughed at "in the right hands and latency" xD

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited November 2019

dude i never use those addons and still 4k pretty much every match except for hatch escapes in red ranks. i even play her addonless since i ran out of duration and trap placing speed addons which are the best ones imo.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I mean i can do better with her than billy, nurse, or any other killer and rarely don't 3k-4k with her. the last few times i didn't 4k with her were due to 2-3 people escaping with keys which i don't really count because you know its a key. I also snowball with her a lot and her low TR combined with M&A often allows me to get close to healing survivors and down them. I just really don't see how she would be below A tier when she has good map pressure with her traps, a low TR, and can end chases and start chases quickly.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Underrated : Plague

Overrated : Huntress ( like how can some people still think she's worth of top 5 with so many bad maps on her side ? ).

Also, I think people overrate Freddy's Snares, not saying that they're bad, but they really don't seem that opressive to me. You can still easily play around them.