Shortened Killer Animation Pick Up Is Broken

Options
SystematicGod
SystematicGod Member Posts: 8
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
Coming from a player that plays both sides equaly, the new animation time is cancer, it's a godly buff for Killers and if you know someone has a flashlight nearby it's impossible for  get them to get in position in time unless I am four feet away and looking in their direction. And no one has even brought up the fact that lightborn LITTERALLY MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO FLASHLIGHT SAVE. It won't even work if you start as soon as the animation begins. I personaly love all the other buffs/nerfs and the exhaustion nerf was very well deserved and balanced but this nerf makes flashilghts an unviable option unless your playing against someone that doesn't know how to exploit this new buff and even people who don't know how can still do it easily if they have even a shread of brain.

Comments

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    Options

Lightborn was made to be a direct counter to flashlight saves, so it's position in this game is fine.

On the other hand, the pick up time didn't need to be so extreme imo. The problem was the combination of Survivor "skill"/co-ordination, flashlight power, battery life, and lack of required aiming that has the potential to make it so the killer cannot get a survivor on a hook for about 2-3 gens (like, come on, it isn't that hard to have good ping, meh aim, ok light, and good positioning to get a save). If a survivor still has 80% of their goddamn battery left after a save then that's ######### broken. Saving with a flashlight should NOT happen every time you down a survivor. Same as how survivors shouldn't all get out in a match unless the killer wasn't trying or was just new. Good killers can try as hard as possible and still get demolished by yee olde "squadette, queens of the last second switch".

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    I don't "literally means what you think it means".
  • Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

@jaerthebear said:
    I was flashlight saved earlier today, so it IS possible

Inb4 a Survivor main says you're just bad and that's all.

So delusional, lol.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options
    I just wish it looked smoother... Flashlights are annoying so I don't mind it. Yes, I am a survivor main. 
  • sHAAN
    sHAAN Member Posts: 36
    Options

i think it saves time and that is important i like it

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232
    Options

Hey any opportunity to provide a less toxic match I am all for it. Screw flashlights they shouldn't exist anyway.

• SystematicGod
    SystematicGod Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Paddy4583 said:
    As a survivor it’s took 2 days to get the hang of flashlight saves again, it’s not impossible they have just made it a right place right time quick set up.

Now instead of making a drink having a shower and getting back to the controller as the old pick up animation was finishing to get the save, I barely have time to pull it off, but it’s still very possible.

so your definition of the word literally as you used it is incorrect, lightborn just reduces the chances it doesn’t make the chance 0%.

what you mean is it’s impossible for YOU to do it.

Best thing is my friend who could never pull off a flashlight save because he’s a premature clicker, is finding them easy.
    I never said it was "litterally" impossible to flashlight save, I can still do it I just needed aaday of practice. I said that it's "litterally" impossible to flashlight save when they have lightborn, you have to start flashing as soon as the animation starts and If the killer has even a single brain in his head they can just look in the other direction and turn your 5% chance of a save "WITH LIGHTBORN" into a 0% chance
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    That woukd be the point of lightborn.  So your EZ mode got a counter that takes up a perk slot for killers and you are still crying?  Get over it.
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    edited July 2018
    Options
    It was too long before, I don't think anyone can argue with that. A change was definitely needed, I'm with you now though that it is surprisingly fast. That being said, I've still been blinded and dropped people during the animation even with somewhat safe pick ups. 
    Post edited by Cetren on
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

As someone who never uses flashlights unless I find one in a chest I had no freaking idea the hit box was in the chest and not the head... :(

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@SystematicGod said:
    Coming from a player that plays both sides equaly, the new animation time is cancer, it's a godly buff for Killers and if you know someone has a flashlight nearby it's impossible for  get them to get in position in time unless I am four feet away and looking in their direction. And no one has even brought up the fact that lightborn LITTERALLY MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO FLASHLIGHT SAVE. It won't even work if you start as soon as the animation begins. I personaly love all the other buffs/nerfs and the exhaustion nerf was very well deserved and balanced but this nerf makes flashilghts an unviable option unless your playing against someone that doesn't know how to exploit this new buff and even people who don't know how can still do it easily if they have even a shread of brain.

Flashlight saving was way too strong before and dont forget that flashlights can be used afetr every pallet/window for a guaranteed blind too.

And it is not impossible to flashlight save, its just harder now

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Doom_Punk said:

Holy #########, so many boosted Survivors complaining about Lightborn.

I see terrible Survivor streamers like Jen and Tofu complain on stream today, and just wow.

It is a perk to counter one thing they have.

Don't use flashlights, and he now has 3 perks.

Either way, the pickup was a great change, I like it as both sides.

They're complaining because its literally broken with Lightborne. Lightborne is not supposed to make you immune to flashlights, nor does the description say anything remotely close to that.

Its a bug.