We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

A harsher penalty for disconnects.

Gibberish
Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062

In addition to the x hour ban, disconnects should also make it so that the disconnector cannot gain BP or EXP for the next x number of matches they play.

This adds a lasting penalty that players will actually want to avoid, since unlike a time-based ban, they cannot avoid the consequences of this penalty by just turning off DBD and going to do something else.

They actually have to work through their punishment.

A harsher penalty for disconnects. 21 votes

Yes, DCs should have a more serious penalty.
90%
WeederickPuggyMohawkGibberishkodiakySpartagone450h_DoctorLeonardo1itaoTechnictoxic_clownCreepingcam1070pleasedontbetoxic117gaydavidkingthefallenloserOutcastEricEleaticStrangerdbdkillermain69AlipheezeOliconCereal_Killer 19 votes
No, DCs should be a slap on the wrist that can be ignored by just going and doing something else.
9%
HoodiedKees_T 2 votes

Comments

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Unless they fix most bugs, bodyblocking situations and a lot more, dcing can't have harsh punishments.

Also, make the poll choices objective please.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

No hourly bans, just no bloodpoints for a certain amount of games.

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158

I want harsher punishments for dcers as well, but i do think it should have a low threshold for frequent dcers that doesn't also punish actual emergency or accidental dcers. Maybe something like 3 or 5 dcs in a hour window and they get a 30 minute to an hour wait.

• EleaticStranger
    EleaticStranger Member Posts: 81

I just started playing this wonderful game like two weeks ago. Disconnects happen a lot, but not just because people rage quit. I play with a friend who gets disconnected due to some kind of server problem. It's not his internet or any other technical problem on his side. I'm all for harsher penalties for people who choose to disconnect from a trial, but the penalty shouldn't be applied to people who are booted because the servers suck.

Maybe this goes without saying. If so, apologies for that.