Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So.. yui kimura is from the future?

Walker_of_the_fog_96
Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

I can't go to ptb because I'm from PS4, but judging by the trailer of cursed legacy, she seems to be from the future!

It makes sense, since a couple of times the devs have said that the entity can take people from different epochs.

Can anyone confirm this to me? Every photo I find of the new lore is of very poor quality.

Comments

• Walker_of_the_fog_96

And maybe we can talk about his lore :)

• MechanicalWolf
    MechanicalWolf Member Posts: 48

I mean, it's technically the present for her, but yes. The entity can take people from any time.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

In her lore bio it mentions specifically that she was partaking in a tournament or race in the year 3000, which I find pretty cool to have a character from the future.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Big oof.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

By the way, I reread your post and noticed that you were looking for someone to confirm what the ingame lore says, because you weren't able to read it in the screenshots you found. I made a post where I transcribed the lore entries from ingame so that they're easier to read, if you want to look through her lore for yourself: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/105860/all-the-contents-of-the-cursed-legacy-chapter-in-one-handy-location-3-4-0-ptb#latest

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Yeah, won't lie, even when writing that I wasn't sure if it was the year or just a race length. I guess only time will tell but you're probably right.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96

@Fibijean I really appreciate your help, thank you very much!

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

Neon lights on bike tires do already exist, and for a race that takes place at night, this is something people would be using today.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

Also her story is solely about women's empowerment and nothing else, which has been a little bit of an issue in Japan off and on throughout the late 1900's and somewhat today due to the trend of groping being on the rise. By the year 3000 I doubt that would still be a thing, but who knows.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited November 2019

It's pretty hard to pinpoint exactly the year of her auction mainly because the name of the race is practically meaningless.

In real life we have something called the formula 3000 international championships and it doesn't take place in the Year 3000 if you haven't guessed.

If you're trying to look at the Aesthetics of her bike that's also pretty ubiquitous right now we have loads of car and motorbike designs with neon functions on them.

Pinpointing the exact date of is pretty difficult if you're looking on a current time frame the latest year in the entity's abduction fest has been (2016 to 2017) and this was Feng Min.

Due to the prevalence of bike races and the bikes aesthetic I would probably put Yui abduction roughly about 2015 to 2018 if I'm giving it my best bet

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • Lockheart
    Lockheart Member Posts: 31

I'm giving 90s or early 2000s... Neons lights and tricked out customs on vehicles is nothing new and almost something more popular back then. When kids thought real life could be just like Need For Speed: Underground and the first three Fast & Furious movies. If anything her dress sense is a little older too. Or, at least, that is what it feels to me.