Tell me the interesting ways you've been called a camper.

Options

I was told in post game chat I was a camper because I kept going back to the same gen.

CAMPING A GENERATOR?!?!?

. . . seriously?

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

getting called a camper yet they try to hook rush Infront of my eyes what am I suppose to do

• SaintDenisSlasher
    SaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227
    Options

Being called a camper because i see 3 people crouching in bushes around me. That's the thing about high rank swf, they often refuse to let anyone stay on the hook for more than 5 seconds. Way preferable to the ones that gen rush

Ez 4k tho

• Bleediss
    Bleediss Member Posts: 129
    Options

Called a camper because I was patrolling a 3 gen with Surveillance.

Maybe they should have avoided the 3 gen to begin with.

• Unironicalygoth
    Unironicalygoth Member Posts: 175
    Options

Yesterday had a game as trapper I trap the killer shack David gets caught I re trap killer shack a wild David appears gets caught I'm on yamoaka so I trap bushes a Claudette gets caught I hook her by the hatch trap the bushes by hatch it's Claudettes first hook so I wait by hatch to not camp the hook then i see and hear a crow from the bushes I trapped moments before another Claudette gets trapped then the Claudette with crows who did nothing the whole game called me a filthy hook camper with no skill

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited November 2019
    Options

Being called a camper and tunneler when I got off my 5-stack Devour Hope/Make Your Choice meme build for 4 moris before the poor twitchers even had a gen done.

Like, guys, it's a perk combo that literally only works if I'm not camping, and I was incentivized to only go after rescuers - and in a game with 4 DS and 3 BT, none of them procced :P

Post edited by ElusivePukka on
  • Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

Oh, a fellow gen camper! Did survivors forget that killers have opposing goals from them?

• Viracocha72
    Viracocha72 Member Posts: 207
    Options

I got called a camper for placing down one trap each time I hooked a survivor as hag one game. Like the person actually considered trapping someone that was hooked as camping. Actually told me that that was toxic and not how you should play the hag. My mind was literally blown.

• OogieBoogie
    OogieBoogie Member Posts: 189
    Options

I got called a gen camper about a week ago when they were 3 genned. They actually complained that I didn't chase far away survivors that were just out in the open 40m away running in circles as if that isn't the most obvious bait possible.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

didnt happen to myself, but a friend of mine got called a "long range face camper" once... lol

• CL4P_TRAP_ER
    CL4P_TRAP_ER Member Posts: 114
    Options

I hooked someone in basement and then I immediately found they're friend upstairs so they tried looping me upstairs and I downed them, hooked them in basement too. While going upstairs I ran into a Dwight, insta-downed them and hooked them. Left to check gates and the last survivor escaped and then I got a message saying "I was a camper" Laughed then went back into my tent.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726
    Options

in 2vs1 as pig i hooked 1 surv in basement (in haddonfield) and went looking for other surv with whispers (i was crouching around corners of the map with whispers off) only to notice (after 1,5min) surv on balcony watching street xd i walked behind him too spook him and kill

and that guy that was on balcony called me camper xd

• MightyDwight
    MightyDwight Member Posts: 156
    Options

I had 1 match where Survivors were trying to unhook in front of me. Like, I grabbed one off the unhooking, and his friend (wounded) ran up to unhook the guy so I hit his friend.

I was called a camper, slugger, and tunneler.

Or the time I was as Hag, and I'd place ONE trap near hooked Survivors. Survivors trip it, I teleport back. And I WOULD go kick gens and looks for Survivors until it was tripped. The final guy DC'd the microsecond I downed him..Like, the shout from being hit was still audible when he DC'd..and he said, in endgame chat 'Campers don't get 4Ks'.

Or the time I was playing Ghostface and walked away from a hook. 10 seconds later; unhook. I walk back and go from 0 to 100% stalk on this person healing his SWF buddy under the hook from 5 feet away. They both could see me clearly. Down him, hook him. His buddy proceeds to try unhooking him less than a second later. Hit said buddy, pick him up, carry him to a different hook.

Y'all, they blasted me in endgame chat and legit thought I was supposed to let them heal under the hook or it was camping AND reportable.

I even got called a camper as a SURVIVOR once. I hid near my friend while he was hooked, waited for the Terror sound to fade, counted to 5, and unhooked my buddy and we ran for a 99% gate. The Killer claimed I was cheap and camping the hook to save my friend.

Like, what else was I supposed to do? Killer's reply 'Anything but camp, noob'.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

i was called a camper for playing hag with the teleport anywhere addon and had someone in the basement and the person trying to save them triggered a trap and i teleport grabbed them and hooked them. This happened twice that game.

• MegaGamer_01
    MegaGamer_01 Member Posts: 172
    Options

Playing huntress and hooking a player next to a locker to then use locker to refill hatchets

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

Well I think we've discovered the source of the rampant camping problem that survivors always talk about. It's apparently the very broad definition of camping! Lol

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

Been called a camper for laying down a hag trap at the foot of a hook then walking away. Said survivor killed themself on hook as soon as I set the trap.

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765
    Options

I've been called a camper because 3 swf decided to be too altruistic and be around the hooks. But i downed them with no pause so there was no confusion with patrolling the hook.

Bonus: 1 of those 3 was a adam that was in the basement and unhooked himself with deliverance when i was leaving the stairs and then called me tunneler because i downed him after.

• Albtraum
    Albtraum Member Posts: 5
    Options

Got called a camper for placing bear traps near gens and hooks. I shook my head and didn't respond.

• MightyDwight
    Options

Survivor Rule #569: Tunneling and camping is playing Killer while on the same planet as someone playing Survivor. Survivors reserve the right to assume you're camping in whatever game of DBD you're playing as Killer, and wait until they play against you to call you out on it.

In this way, the Survivors are always correct in calling a Killer camper, even if they did not camp in that one match. But since we also must follow Survivor Rule #46 (A Killer is camping if they look at, think about looking at, or pass by a hooked Survivor. No, Killer's cannot pass by a hooked Survivor even to go to a generator or chase a visible Survivor), a Killer is always camping.

😁

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I was called a camper for camping the hook when the Exit Gates were open directly in front of the hook. He told me that camping the hook is a noob strategy, and do something else... so I decided to camp the corner next game. Me and this red brick wall make the best couple ever! 🤗😁

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I was once called a chest camper. I was playing trapper and trapped chests and the survivors obviously weren't happy I guess.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

going back towards the basement because the unhooked had make your choice and I ended up slugging the previous hooked person because they ran straight into me. mind you I was in the Thompson house and the basement was in shack

• toxicjeffmain123
    Options

some survivor once called me a camper for phase-walking away from his hook because he didn’t know spirit left a husk behind her when she phases so he thought the husk was facecamping him

• StrodeWins
    StrodeWins Member Posts: 274
    edited November 2019
    Options

one time a killer messaged me saying i was camping gens too hard. i laughed hard LOL

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

One time I was camping and somebody had the audacity to call me a camper.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options

Was called camping with 5 stacks of devour hope

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

Three guys going for an insta unhook when I'm bubba...

Dude... The actual words were "Slugging Camper"

• Viracocha72
    Viracocha72 Member Posts: 207
    Options

It's disturbing to see the number of times hags placing traps near a hooked Survivor have been called campers. I have been also. Like do survivors actually think it's bad when you do this? That's ridiculous.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

I someone sent me a voice message over Xbox yestersay! I've upgraded from simple salty hate mail to voice mail!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    Options

Pretty much any time I get an advantageous hook with Hag. No, I don't think I'll stray too far from my web around the hook in the middle of a 4 gen stack. Maybe don't slam the gens in succession on one side of the map.

My favorite was someone ripping me a new one because I was patrolling my web and "not committing to chases".....as Hag...outside of my web.

People get angry at Hag because she punishes lack of map awareness more than other killers. The gens fly until you can't do them or rescue your teammate.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

Such a personal approach to toxicity is so hard to come by these days.

• MightyDwight
    Options

Yeah. many Survivor mains think using your power to win is unfair. Hags & Trappers should never actually place their traps near hooked Survivors. It's a rule!

And yes, I get blasted for it every time I do it. heaven forbid I try to win. 🙄

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

When I saw scratch marks around the hook and pulled someone off the hook, I was called a camper

I just saw a fresh amount of SM I am not leaving the hook yet

• FabV
    FabV Member Posts: 173
    Options

I was called a (f***ing) camper playing killer because 3 survivors were turning around their hooked friend. They were all 3 there and they expected me to go to the other side of the map ?

Also I was called a gen camper as survivor by another survivor who was caught for his 3rd hook very very far from me. So I finished the last gen, escaped by the exit gates and received a salty message.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

@Liruliniel

Messed up the perk name - Make Your Choice, not Hangman's Choice. Doesn't help I was in a call about DbD while typing :P

But yeah. Devour + MYC = easy stacks against cowards, they compliment each other well.