coulrophobiac

Options
EpicFailTryHard
EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
"Coulrophobia is a fear of clowns. The general public has become increasingly aware of this fear in recent years. I believe the word coulrophobia has existed for less than twenty years. I don't know if there is increased incidence of fear of clowns or if there is just an increased perception of its existence."
Coulrophobia as defined by Charlie the Juggling Clown

Coulrophobia is to me, not a phobia but a very rational fear.  Those of us who have been in the presence of a clown know better than to believe any attempts at ballyhooing such information.  Not all clowns are evil.  Only most of them.  It doesn't take long to see it either.  Their eyes will linger on yours just a few seconds past the moment you become uncomfortable.  Then, they smile.  They know that you know then.  This only serves to please them.  It is a shared moment not forgotten by either party.  

They love to stare.  They love to be feared.  Several times in my life I have been unaware of their presence as they sat watching silently.  I was warned by a friend to never look a second time and not to let my gaze linger.  Also, if I were to come upon one performing magic, to turn the other way and not look back.

Comments

• MauXD24
    MauXD24 Member Posts: 75
    Options

I remember seeing a post of someone saying that they're afraid of clowns and can't keep playing dbd cuz of that lmao

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    lol, i am not quite there yet.  there was some rumor that the devs were going to avoid a clown killer because of such a phobia.  i would guess that to be debunked as of now.
  • Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

Maybe it's just because I've never met one in person before, but Clowns just seem like average depressed men in their 40's, not too much scary about that lol

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    lol, i would agree.  i actually admire evil clowns a great deal.  i love horror in film, print and music.  i enjoy the idea that some are afraid of them.  i always have pictures like these lying around.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

What charming individuals <3

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    outstanding citizens.
  • AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118
    Options

I never really cared much about clowns...but mimes shudders never, never again.

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    they are a close relative to clowns.  i suspect you just haven't met the right clown yet.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@AnIntellectualClone said:
    I never really cared much about clowns...but mimes shudders never, never again.

I've had a fear of Mimes ever since one trapped me in a clear box. I screamed for help but everyone just thought I was crazy.