Options
Dedicatedd
Dedicatedd Member Posts: 33

How are they related?

Comments

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558
    Options

It's entirely possible, but there's no evidence to support that it actually happened, especially since in samurai tradition swords were passed down through families; therefore it's the Yamaoka's sword, not Kazan's sword, and this is backed up in game through various descriptions of the weapon as the family sword.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options
  • Foxlord13
    Foxlord13 Member Posts: 2
    Options

She dose know about him. We know that now based on her archive

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550
    Options

Not really, just that she experiences the same amount of rage he experienced sometimes.

• Binaryinfected
    Binaryinfected Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

From what i can tell, she had to know of Kazan because, at least from my observation, that do use very identical swords meaning that she could be using his sword from when he was human. This would mean that she was told about him in some way, shape, and form.

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90
    Options

If they ever cross each other on their downtime Oni would recognize the sword Rin has if it is the one from her home. It seems to me that the Entity would give her the weapon that killed her as it would trigger her rage. Much like Oni has his weapons (even if the swords are the same one, they were pulled out of different times), Freddy gets his claws, and everyone else their preferred weapon. Otherwise we would have Rin running around with shinto.

• aONImain
    aONImain Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2021
    Options

well the spirit would have to know of kazan's existance at the least due to stories of the family as "the vengful child" or some other name like that, and also the spirit's sword is a mear recreation out of glass, you can see her form it from the shards in her body when she swings it, also due to the width of the blade and that the spirit's blads is straight, thus not making it a katana but a Tachi while the oni uses a rather large katana that could be set in either an odachi or a katana's realm.

Post edited by aONImain on
  • Gl1TcH_8727
    Gl1TcH_8727 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Don't forgot about his mask that's the biggest clue that she knows who he is!

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    edited April 2021
    Options

I think it was in the 'Behind the scenes', that the Devs confirmed that The Oni is The Spirit's Great, Great, Great (going back by quite a few generations here in regards to the timeline) Grandfather.

So yeah, they're related in that way and also share their last names.

I think the Devs also mentioned that they'd put the Oni's mask into the Spirit's map to tease the release of the Cursed Legacy Chapter, before we even knew about it.

But it could very well be that the Spirit knew about her ancestor before she got taken by the Entity.