Please stop crying about changes.

Options

I am so over the constant outrage over any change that's made to this game. It seems like people jump to the most extreme reactions when they haven't even played a rework, or at least haven't played it for enough time to learn to adapt.

And while I'm at it, why do so many people freak out because they are expected to adapt. This game has and will continue to require people to adapt their playstyle. That's never going to change and in my opinion the adapting keeps things from getting boring.

I just wish people would let go of the idea that the game will somehow reach some perfectly balanced state. It doesn't exist because a) This is an ASYMMETRIC multiplayer game and b) Everyone has a different idea of "balanced."

So please just stop making entitled demands to the developers. Stop creating unrealistic expectations of what this game is supposed to be. There are plenty of other games that don't require adapting playstyles. This is not one of them so please focus your energy on adapting to changes instead of simply whining about them.

Comments

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

I know. I'm an idealist unfortunately so this is why I try. Lol

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

Agreed. I think a lot of my personal frustration is how reactionary most of the complaints are. Most of them seem like people haven't even attempted to think about counterplay and they are just upset that they may have to play differently. It also seems to have gotten waaaaaay worse since this forum launched a few months back.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    Options

You will have a better communication with a wall than with those people

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

True. I try (not always successfully) to see both sides.

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429
    Options

Yeah, well, it's pretty hard to write in a positive manner for both sides since there's always that one person who jumps at you.

Whatever it is, you're gonna see a lot of those negative posts with no argument whatsoever.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

I know, I know. Lol But in my defense I do believe it's more valid than a lot of the complaints I read here.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited November 2019
    Options

I hate to say it, but I agree. The instinctive reaction seems to be to assume that something is either over- or underpowered because it doesn't fit into someone's specific playstyle, when most of the time, it's simply different. Different killers have different playstyles you need to adopt in order to play effectively both as and against them.

Unloopable doesn't necessarily mean overpowered, it just means you have to do something different. Bad map pressure doesn't necessarily mean underpowered, you might just have to adopt an alternate strategy. There is more to the game than the acknowledged meta.

Most of the time everyone calms right down once they get used to something and realise it's not as bad as they thought, but it never seems to occur to some people that the problem might be with them and not the game design.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    edited November 2019
    Options

This is so true! The whole "meta" build thing drives me crazy. It's something the red ranked community created and then convinced themselves that they are the only viable perks because of extreme competitiveness.

They put themselves in this box and expect the devs to make all the adjustments around the meta build. They also complain about facing the same few killers because many red rank killers only see those few as viable against the meta build.

You don't see these problems at lower ranks because people are more willing to experiment or have no choice because of limited perks. I wish people would break away from the meta build all together. I think the devs have been trying to urge this with recent reworks and the tome challenges. A lot of people don't seem to want to experiment though.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

People don't like change. For some, it's more comfortable to stick to a build that they like and know works because they're not confident they'll be able to do well if they shake things up. But messing around with different builds is part of the fun of a game like this, and one of the main reasons I try to avoid getting too close to red ranks. Luckily, the devs seem to understand this and seek to preserve it. Perks and addons don't have to be objectively top tier to be worth having in the game - variety and versatility is more important in my view, and encouraging people to adapt and try new things can only be a good thing.

• Pokerface303
    Pokerface303 Member Posts: 110
    Options

This isn't just dbd but every single game that has some competitive aspect to it. Hell the dbd twitter can't even post fan art with out people responding and screaming about nerfs buffs, and everything in between. It's part of the reason why I feel bad for game devs they literally receive death threats over the littlest things. It just really is sad to see that people believe this behavior is ok.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Well OP since you are complaining about complaining I feel it is my right to complain about your complaining about other people complaining. Thus we shall be in an endless cycle of complaining because then someone will complain about my complaining about your complaining about other people complaining the complaining will continue the complaining is endless it cannot be stopped.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    Options

Lets be honest though shall we? People play video games for fun, and to relax and as a way of dividing up their free time instead of watching a movie, reading a book or listening to music as examples.

The reason people complain is primarily they are not having fun. Its no fun being eliminated in the first two minutes of a match by an over eager killer. Its no fun being gen stomped by a SWF premade that has hours of practise on all maps and carry complementary perks....

Imagine if you could only equip one perk until your rank raised up? So at 17-20 you get one perk, at 13-16 you get two, 9-13 three and 5-8 four perks.

It would stop everyone relying on leveling to level 15 having 4 perks and whatever the current meta is.

• OSAKU
    OSAKU Member Posts: 7
    Options

Devs: killing Legion again and give him some meta-perks on PTB, and then nerf this meta-perks at live servers, nerfs BL

Some players: please stop crying about changes

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539
    Options

Please stop crying for changes to be made. Problem solved.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

I don't know. . . Usually when I read the "not having fun" argument it's people justifying why it's ok to DC and/or exhibit other unsportsmanlike behavior. Hopefully you aren't one of those people. I can sit down for a session and "lose" some of my matches and still have fun. Sometimes you just get eliminated early.

I just don't understand the argument that all survivors must be allowed to be in a match for X amount of time and the devs must insure this happens. Sometimes you just get unlucky. I don't understand people who can't accept that.

• nerfeverything
    nerfeverything Member Posts: 52
    Options

Yeah, when I pay for something I expect it to completely change into a product I didn't pay for. How entitled those people who bought the game are. What outrage!

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

Thanks for highlighting my point on people having the most extreme reactions possible.

• Revansith
    Options

I have never disconnected due to being upset. I have disconnected when my game froze or Steam borked. I recall a game yesterday when I lost the sound entirely and had no way to know if I was in the terror radius, or even hear what was going on. I statyed and played it was ... very weird.

I know some of my friends have disconnected because they are unhappy at the way the match is going. I see no reason to disconnect. There is always a chance that victory can be snatched from the jaws of defeat.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options
  • Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

I wholeheartedly agree! If I get hooked early it sucks but it feels awesome if I end up escaping. Wish more people would give the match a chance to play out instead of giving up immediately and ruining the experience for the rest of the players.

On a side note I do see a lot of posts on the forum saying people DC because they aren't having fun and want to move on to the next match. But it's amazing how many people I've seen DC early and then stick around to be insulting in end game chat.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

I don't have a problem with complaints if they are based on more than complete speculation vs actual gameplay experience. My OP is more about people having extreme reactions to release notes without taking the time to actually try and come up with counterplay.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

Lesley Gore says that you'd cry too if it happened to you.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options
  • Revansith
    Options

Well I imagine the best way to learn about the proposed changes is to either watch accomplished players stream their PTB matches or play the PTB itself. Some while ago I came to the conclusion that my skill level places me at the average rank I am, and whilst I believe over time I will improve, I find the constant cycle of pipping and depipping a little stressful.

• Kwanghyun
    Kwanghyun Member Posts: 186
    Options

"why do so many people freak out because they are expected to adapt. This game has and will continue to require people to adapt their playstyle"

Well people were expected to adapt against Spirit but they remained crybabyes untill she got nerfed, and didn't take their time to come up with that counterplay for over a year. (Not everyone at least, but the majority of complainers are newcomer noobs with less than 70 hours of playtime who should remain silent)

• crossboy
    crossboy Member Posts: 55
    Options

BHVR: W-

People on the forums: ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? YOU ARE LITERALLY RUINING THE GAME, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE DOING, CLEARLY HATE FUN AND JUST WANT TO DESTROY THE GAME.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

What gives you the right to determine whether criticisms have merit or not? Some of us have played the game long enough to recognize terrible balance updates when we see them.

Do some people overreact to changes? Sure, but that doesn't mean all criticisms are made without a basis.

You can make the argument that it would be better to hold off on our criticisms until some time after the update has went live. That way the devs have time to collect data. But again, some changes are so bad that we don't even need to wait to let the devs know.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

I never said all criticism are made without basis. Do you not see the many criticisms that are made without basis on this forum? I do think it's problematic to make criticisms without attempting to overcome any perceived negatives through actual gameplay.

Maybe you think you know how bad something is based on the past. But I'm willing to bet there are more perks available since that past experience. That means new and different opportunities for counter play. What gives you the right to think you know everything without any new experimentation?

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

They always complain when something broken get nerfed into something balanced.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

There are some changes that you just know are bad.

For example, that perk that allows Legion to remove his terror radius in order to easily down survivors with the deep wound status effect. C'mon now, we don't need to experiment with that change for weeks.

Or, let's use the new map as an example. There's an RNG version of the new map that allows a jungle gym to spawn right next to the shack. Again, we don't need to test that extensively either. That's just bad map design.

But I do understand your point. There are some who complain over trivial matters.

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330
    Options

No, he's complaining about crying. Smh.

Smh learn to read, nerd. Smh.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

It was bound to happen. When I realized what balanced landing actually did and how meta it was for the real try hards and the day I got infinite looped on the house in the Micheal map I knew. That balanced nerf was coming was telling my friends about it because they play only survivor but they're bad at it and complain about killers being op. Got one to play it and he understands now.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 718
    Options

As long as a game has Decent counters and both sides can equally counter. It can be fun, and use to be VERY FUN.

The game had balances for bad matches when a person's team mates were POTATOES. Now that the killer can slam the hatch shut. hm.. real great game there...

Or a game about HIDING from the killer. Becomes a game where the killer gets free passes to survivor locations. WOW> really .. this is NOT a scary game anymore. its just absurd.

• Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    Options

Lol telling someone to learn to read, then calling them a nerd? Lol

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

The funniest part is that you're one of those people lol