If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Spider (Complete Killer Concept)

Options
Sziosis
Sziosis Member Posts: 198
edited September 2018 in Creations

This is a Killer concept I fleshed out a bit. I worked pretty hard on this so give it a shot. Includes a full bio, abilities and perks.

Bio

All children are told to stay away from spiders, but as a child, Aria Struss had an experience that she would never forget. One day she was told to retrieve a box of mementos from the basement by her mother. Normally she wouldn't go into a dark and somewhat cluttered place, but because she was told by her mother, she had to go.

She turned on the light and descended into the basement and as she found a box on a large wooden shelf as her mother had told her where to look, she saw a small spider with long thin legs grab and bite into a moth. A sight that would normally cause a ten year old child to hurry away instead caused Aria to watch in awe. She waited and stared at the creature long enough to watch it cast webbing around the now still moth. Aria then left out of the basement forgetting the box she went down to get, but her mind was rattled with what she had seen.

Aria soon discovered that liking spiders would make finding friends a lot harder as when people found out about her eight-legged pets, she was shunned and mocked. feeling more and more empty inside as she found nobody she could connect to, she found great comfort in finding, catching and feeding spiders.

When Aria grew old enough to get a place of her own, she began collecting every type of arachnid she could get her hands on. Garden spiders, cellar spiders, black widows, tarantulas, but her favorite was the Brown Recluse.

One day when she had returned from her job of waiting tables, she walked up to her door and noticed it was cracked slightly. Her face grew pale and she entered cautiously and quietly. in the hallway there was no sign of life, but Aria reached around the door and grabbed a baseball bat she keeps for 'emergencies.' As she slowly made her way down the hall, she heard the noise of someone rummaging through drawers coming from her bedroom. She eventually makes it to the open door and peeks inside. A man is pulling items and clothing out of a dresser and tossing them on the floor, possibly searching for jewelry and other valuables. Aria is somewhat relieved to see her brown recluse spiders still in their glass case on the dresser, but observes her surroundings.

His back is to the door and over half of the drawers seem to be open so Aria sees this as her only chance. With a burst of speed, she runs into the room and as the man turns around, she strikes him in the forehead. The man falls back and his arm catches the container that holds Aria's spiders. As the man falls to the ground, the container falls and shatters after it lands beside the burglar's head. Shards of glass cut the man's face and two spiders land on him. The adrenaline Aria felt and the seeing the brown recluses crawling on the man causes a spark of inspiration in her as she laughs from the thrill of what she just experienced.

She never called the police, but took matters into her own hands. It took time, but she dragged the man's unconscious body down into her basement and tied him up to a recliner that had been there since she moved in. She decided to make the man pay, but she would also enjoy watching his suffering as she brought down every type of venomous spider she had. One by one she carefully placed the spiders on his arms, legs, chest or face, sometimes using tweezers and pressed the heads of the spiders down to cause them to bite and inject their venom into the wound they cause.

The man eventually woke up a few hours later and began panicking and pleading to Aria to let him go. Aria sat on the steps leading up out of the basement as she watched silently no matter what the man said or how loud he said it. For hours Aria watched silently as the man tried to free himself to no avail until the man began to convulse and eventually stop movement altogether. Aria's heart raced as she stood and checked to see if the man was still alive. She looked to the spiders she had brought down with her and began giggling.

Aria couldn't seem to stop herself from finding more victims by luring in men she would meet at bars or nightclubs just to trap them and experiment on them with different combinations of venom. Eventually an investigation into a missing person report lead the police straight to Aria's door. They never found Aria, but they did find a mound of corpses infested with many deadly arachnids.

Abilities

The Spider has two fundamental abilities.

Web Shackles - Bind dying survivors so that they can't crawl away until healed or wiggle free. Also slightly increase the time it takes for survivor to wiggle free.

(Edit) Spider's Trap - Place webbed traps on the ground or vaults. When triggering a trap, There is a loud noise notification and the survivor suffers from the hindered effect. If the trap was triggered via vault, the vault is blocked for as long as the hindered effect lasts for that survivor. Traps can be destroyed, but cause a loud noise when a survivor begins working on them. a max of 10 traps can be placed and a vault counts toward 2 traps.

Perks

Step Into My Parlor - After damaging a generator, for 15/20/25 (Times subject to change) seconds, A survivor who is working on the same generator you damaged and tries to get off of the generator will not be able to take their hands off for 1/2/3 seconds. [One or both the times can change. Unsure about balancing.] "Please. Stay and play with me." Aria Struss.

You Can't Hide Forever - Checking a locker and not finding a survivor will call upon the entity to seal it up to the last 1/2/3 lockers. [Could add a time limit instead, but it seams meaningless. Blocking a certain locker could leave a survivor out in the open long enough to find them] "I always find my prey. You can't hide from me." Aria Struss.

Devilish Touch - Hitting an injured survivor will not inflict dying status. Hitting an injured survivor will cause a bleed out timer for 15 seconds. Hitting a injured survivor earns 50%/75%/100% bonus points for hit. [Hitting a survivor with a bleed out counter will trigger the dying status.] "I'll be a bit more gentle. I want to enjoy this." Aria Struss.

[Extra perk idea] Arachnophobia - For every injured survivor, Skill Check succession zones are decreased by 3%/5%/7%

Appearance

Aria has been corrupted by the fog to resemble the fear she inflicts to others. Her right arm has been transformed into a long sharp appendage similar to the entity's form, or at least what people have seen of the entity. Her red dress that she has worn on countless nights to lure unsuspecting men to their doom now is dulled and torn showing more spider-like appendages protruding from her sides. Eyes have emerged from her forehead and her mouth now opens with terrifying mandibles. Though she has gone through such a tremendous change, she still smiles and laughs as the crazed predator she really is.

Mori

The spider impales a survivor in the chest with her spider-like arm before softly caressing their cheek as they try to pull it out. Then she bites into their neck and stands up with a laugh as she wipes away the blood from her mouth.

Gameplay

The Spider will be able to stop people from looping pallets while keeping a chase so I would think her base speed should be a bit slower thus also having a bit smaller terror radius. Survivors will have to be weary of dropped pallets for they may just be a trap The Spider has laid. The Spider loved to bring people into her basement to torture them so she binds people to ensure she can make it there or to bind and drop them to take care of someone else that's being a pest. Her perks allow her a chance to have fun with her victims before she kills them and prevent them from getting away.

I truly think The Spider would be a great Killer to add to the DBD roster. Please give me feedback on your thoughts.

Post edited by Sziosis on

Comments

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

Oh man, venoms and spiders in general are among my biggest fears, so this would make an impact whenever I played against her. Great concept, very well thought out and the bio really hooked me.

Though even as a farming perk, Devilish Touch is horrendous. Not in concept, but in execution it would fall flat. In higher ranks, hits become harder and harder to land and each one is vital. Willingly giving all opposing Survivors permanent Borrowed Time is not a great idea. I feel like that should be the extra perk and swap it out with Arachnophobia; we need more phobia perks so we can have our phobia build.

You Can't Hide Forever seems a bit worthless saying as people hardly ever go into lockers, but I adore the flavor of that one.

Step in my Parlor actually seems surprisingly weak. Unless your Insidiousing right next to a gen waiting for someone to get back on, (or be like me and just sit there with The Pig, because I'm a goober who can't play well,) you would hardly ever get this effect into play effectively. This Perk would be fantastic though if paired with an updated Surveillance, meaning that the auras actually return to red once someone works on them instead of just staying white for awhile for no reason.

• Sziosis
    Sziosis Member Posts: 198
    Options

I think Devilish touch would have a positive and negative effect depending on who you use it with and with what perks. The pig could trap someone and hit them when they are seen again to ensure they waste time healing to cause the trap's timer to go down more without them searching boxes. that with sloppy butcher can be lethal. it basically wastes the survivor's time, but if used incorrectly can waste the killer's time, too. I'm looking for fun gameplay. not always to win.

You Can't Hide Forever can preemptively block lockers when using chainsaws and Meyer's tombstone as well as cause a bit of a panic for the survivors that choose to hide and realize they can't.

Step Into My Parlor can help killers with smaller terror radius' to pull people off gens and make people think twice before they tap a regressing gen near a killer.

Arachnophobia is just cool to me in every sense, that's why I added it.

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Step into my parlor is kind of bad. 
    Something more spider related would be good. Spiders trap prey in their web and for a killer that web is the basement. So this is my idea

Web of Trapped Souls: Survivors hanging on hooks in the basement cannot move or attempt to free themselves on the hook. They also have the self escape window shortened by 5/8/10% and the struggle phase reduced by 5/8/10%
    (For a total of 20% less time per survivor on hooks in the basement).

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

@M2Fream said:
    Step into my parlor is kind of bad. 
    Something more spider related would be good. Spiders trap prey in their web and for a killer that web is the basement. So this is my idea

Web of Trapped Souls: Survivors hanging on hooks in the basement cannot move or attempt to free themselves on the hook. They also have the self escape window shortened by 5/8/10% and the struggle phase reduced by 5/8/10%
    (For a total of 20% less time per survivor on hooks in the basement).

Monstrous Shrine 2: Electric Boogaloo? I don't think so.