The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

We heard your complaints about the Rift...

TigerKirby215
TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

"...go ######### yourself." Seriously this new Rift is a goddamn joke. Did Behaviour even care about all the complaints about the last one, and the leaked level 4 Rift?

Unhook 2 people during the End Game Collapse? Like Killers aren't going to facecamp during EGC if there's more than 2 Survivors left, and like Killers aren't going to all start running Bloodwarden knowing that this is a thing?

Heal 4 Survivors in 1 trial? Guess I should just equip Autodidact and Empathy and name myself "Healbot" huhn?

Trap 5 Survivors in 1 trial? Because the 4 trap one wasn't already a big enough pain in the ass.

Escape the trial without being hooked once? Why not rename this trial "Deranker's Escape"?

Sacrifice 2 Survivors in the End Game with NOED? Oh boy can't wait for everyone and their dog to run Small Game now.

Some of these Challenges are fun. The ones that encourage you to play differently with different perks (IE "Escape with the perk Hope") and the challenges related to hooking / killing the Obsession look fun. The general ones also look fun if admittedly time consuming; no more "prethrow every pallet on the map" challenge. But most of these force you to play stupid and throw the game just to get them done. A lot of the higher end challenges (notably the "sacrifice 2 Survivors during EGC" and "hook 2 people in the basement at the same time") force you to play scummy in order to complete them.

I really hope Behaviour looks over these challenges and changes them. I don't want "the next Rift to be better" because I paid money for this Pass. I shouldn't be given the beta of a product when I paid money to use it, and it should be fun to play a video game. Right now the Rift is a chore, and will only be done if a bunch of people sit down and farm.

Post edited by TigerKirby215 on

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Hahaha 👍

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,316

Alot of the ones that take a large number of broken pallets and such can take alot of time unless your farming, but some of em...like the bear trap one I just finished, can be done in 1 go. The only thing I'll really find annoying about the basement one is that I have to equip monsterous shrine.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

People like being handed a Win not actually going out of the way to try new things. Ya some are hard, but all are doable.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

They are challenges for a reason. They will take time, patience, skill, and some luck.

If you don't like challenges, don't do them (or spend your money on a rift pass).

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Well, the new level was only released four hours ago, so it's understandable. That's always the case with a major update, but things will calm down in a day or two. If you don't want to be a part of it, I know it's annoying, but maybe take a short break from DBD and play another game while everyone else gets the Archives out of their system.

• dkyguy1995
    dkyguy1995 Member Posts: 45

Well he sucked at his challenge if that was his best bet to go for the challenge. You're complaining because a killer basicallt threw his game going for a challenge and probably didn't get it. How does that affect you?

• Fibijean
    edited November 2019

No one is saying people can't express their opinions. In fact, I have encouraged people to do so in multiple threads over the last couple of hours. Feedback is welcomed and encouraged. All I was saying was that this crazy rush for challenges in the first few hours after release is understandable and pretty much inevitable. So people can feel free to complain on the forums, but practically speaking, there's really only one thing those who aren't interested in being a part of the game as it is now can do to avoid it, and that's not playing the game for those few hours.

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869

I wasn't looking for an advise. I merely I stated the current player problems caused by new level. To help finding solutions for them. For example one of the solution to this rush could be unlocking all levels at the same time instead of giving everyone same challenges at the same time.

• Fibijean

You didn't offer any solutions until now, though. You responded to my comment on someone else's post complaining about the bad experience you're having in the game at the moment, so I felt it was appropriate under the circumstances to offer some advice on how you could avoid such situations if you're finding them frustrating or upsetting in some way. You approached me with your complaints, but if my response was unwelcome, then I apologise for being presumptuous and we can leave it at that.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

When a challange says "any survivors" it also consider yourself.

• TigerKirby215

Also love all the people going "jUsT dOn'T dO tHeM!" You're supposed to be able to do them in order to complete the rift without paying additional cash for more rift tiers. And the challenges give you Bloodpoints: why should Bloodpoints be locked behind obnoxious grinds because "they're supposed to be hard lol."

• deadbodyman62
    deadbodyman62 Member Posts: 43

These are purely optional things. You dont have to spend any money. You dont have to do the tomes and you dont have to advance through the rift. It's a means to expand lore and give "bored" players something else to challenge them.

You can continue to play the game you've always have. And it's been said that the tomes are going to he available forever to unlock the lore.

So "try" them and work at them.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Alot of the daily rituals are a pain in the ass as well. So I think your argument about the blood points is a bit off. I do think these challenges are a bit odd though. Not to mention far to luck based for my taste. However it's too soon to say BHVR aren't listening to the feed back. Realistically they weren't going to change anything from the first rift. I'm sure they are looking at the feed back and will hopefully improve with the next rift.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

This. This is the kind of exaggeration I came for. Hilarious. You've made my day.

• CloakedDagger1
    CloakedDagger1 Member Posts: 181

You can finish the rift pass though without doing challenges really it’s just way slower but there’s plenty of days to finish it

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

But how does that stop the other people who are ruining the games whilst doin the challenges themselves?

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I know. Op mentioned he paid and I was just saying if he doesn't like them don't do them (or pay extra).

• TigerKirby215

The full list of dailies is as follows:

• Repair 3 generators (any Survivor)
    • Open an exit gate as a specific Survivor
    • Escape as a specific Survivor
    • Escape with a new item (any Survivor)
    • Heal 3 people (any Survivor)
    • Unhook 3 people as a specific Survivor
    • Do co-op actions for 3 minutes (any Survivor)
    • Sabotage 2 hooks (any Survivor)
    • Be chased for 2 minutes as a specific Survivor
    • Mori someone as a specific Killer
    • Use a Killer's power
    • Chase Survivors for 3 minutes with a specific Killer
    • Sacrifice 2 Survivors as a specific Killer

These can all be done over multiple matches. While some of them are a chore (notably anything with a character you don't play, but also the ones do do co-op actions. Mori ones are also pretty much RNG based) none of them are as stupid as "deplete 8 keys" or "heal 4 health states in 1 trial."

What's more is that you can change your dailies if the one you got is too challenging. This again leads me to think that the Rift should've been a "second set of dailies" as opposed to the web system, or even just tied to the dailies as is. As they are currently it's extremely obnoxious to grind through and for certain challenges you may as well just go ######### yourself. Don't have Monsterous Shrine on the handful of Killers you can get a viable basement strat with? Go ######### yourself! Don't have many Medkits or Broken Keys to waste? Go ######### yourself! Don't have Trapper or Claudette levelled up? Go ######### yourself!

• CloakedDagger1
    CloakedDagger1 Member Posts: 181

I was just adding if he likes the rift but not challenges he will still pass them just slower then if he did the challenges

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

So far i've gotten "Damage a generator or break a pallet 40 times" "Trap 5 Survivors in one match" "Hook 15 survivors in the basement", "Hook Obsession 2 times in a trial." , and "Hook a Survivor while another Survivor is on the hook in the basement while using Monstrous Shrine." out of like.... 3 hours playing. These are do-able.

• Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    edited November 2019

Alot of these seem very situational. Like a lot of perks. Yes they can be done,but its going to take a lot of games. Focusing on that one aspect.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Though... is anyone having an issue where it only counts one Iri Emblem at a time?

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

I really think the crying about tome 3 is a bit ridiculous. People are whining about challenges they haven't tried yet, worrying that the other side somehow knows what they're going to do and bring perks to thwart them??? Lol what?? Get creative.

Example, 5 traps, which isn't hard at all with a tar bottle, or do like me and be lazy, use padded jaws, put 5 or 6 traps in an open area and start stepping on them. Over and over. I had all 4 survivors come out and join me I probably got thirty traps that match. Sacrifice two survivors during the egc? Slowdown Freddy with blood warden, knockout, noed. Took me two tries. Heal 4 survivors in one match? Bring we'll make it, empathy, and a med kit. Did it on my second match. Survive without getting hooked with spine chill? This one sucked because I had to go against my playstyle, never do anything risky, be camouflaged, and worst of all I brought keys. This one took me three matches.

My point is these are all doable, you just have to play differently then normal, and yeah maybe your team won't do as many gens or you won't kill as many survivors as normal, who cares?? It's sort of fun to try out different ways of playing and perks you never use.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

Many people are; it seems to be a common issue. I haven't touched the challenge yet, myself, in the hopes that they might actually fix it. I know, ha ha ha, jokes on me, but it could happen.

Anyway, yes, a lot of players have posted saying that it counts only one of their iri emblems (or none at all).

• TragicSolitude
    edited November 2019

Survivors keep DCing and suiciding while I'm trying to do the NOED EGC challenge. It's very frustrating; I can't do anything to counter that.

I don't like EGC challenges. Too luck based. They could at least not require it to be completed in one trial.

• JohnyBlood
    JohnyBlood Member Posts: 42

I dont know why so many people are defending the devs considering these Tomes. This is just a lazy work imo. This game is full of perks, full of great possible ideas and they take the most unimaginative way possible and they don't even consider the impact of these challenges on the gameplay. Everyone is doing some challenge now so every other game is completely broken - friendly killers, survivors who dont repair and compete against each other..it's a mess..and considering how much grind is required this will be happening for a long time.

I have managed to complete Level 1 and Level 2 of the Tome, so yes, it's doable but it doesn't mean it is done correctly and that the amount of the grind is ok... After the 4th level leak, I really hoped the devs would listen to the community because their concerns were completetly right, in fact its just a common sense...but they didnt listen at all. Most of these challenges really feel just like doing chores and reqiure too much grind. This is a PAID game with the 10 E Battle Pass, with very expensive DLCs so why the grind has to be so enormous?

This Pass was a good idea but it is badly executed, not well-thought, just lazy and unimaginative. That's my opinion, but I dont think I'm alone with it. Until there will be some important changes done with the next Pass, I definitely wont buy it. Sadly there is no "completely ignoring it", because it has impacted most of the regular gameplay. That's just my opinion ;)

• joker7997

That sucks I didn't have that issue. I focused on getting everyone on their death hook before the egc, and made sure I didn't come close to tunneling or Camping because I wanted everyone alive at the end.

• joker7997

I think this is a very temporary thing, all the try hards will get their tome done in two days and after that it'll probably be mostly normal again. I'm enjoying the ######### show though makes me laugh.

• TragicSolitude

That's what I did for the previous Tome level challenge where it only required sacrificing one survivor. It's what I'm trying to do here, too, but when I suddenly have two survivors left with five gens left through no fault of my own, well, I might as well just put a quick end to things.

I dunno, today has been really crappy in terms of matches. I'm getting a lot of DCs and suicides. I have also been getting a ton of hook breakers today. There's no hook breaker challenge; in fact, survivors need to make hook saves for their challenges, so they're sabotaging themselves. That one has me confused. Really weird day in the world of DbD.

• joker7997

Maybe try noed wraith let them do all the gens before you down anyone lol

• TragicSolitude

lol good suggestion, I think I might try that. NOED, Bitter Murmur, Knockout, Deerstalker. Or should I replace one of those with Blood Warden? Eh, I guess that's a trial and error question.